Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.
US Rent A Car
Closed Thread
Unread 23 Nov 10, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Christmas Shopping in the Midlands

Hia,

DH and I have booked a day off next Monday to do a bit of Chrissie shopping but I'm not sure where to go

We live in Stafford and will be restricted to school hours. Options are (I think):

Merry Hill (not keen on journey)
Bull Ring (never been, would like to go, but do we have enough time?)
Telford (? )
Hanley (not keen)

We'll be looking for some inspiration so it has to have a nice range of high street shops and maybe some little independent shops ...

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Ali
x
Unread 23 Nov 10, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
HobosMum
Very Serious Dibber

I love Birmingham and the Bull Ring, can easily spend the whole day there wandering around!

Happiness is being with my horse
HobosMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Cruising the Med
Unread 23 Nov 10, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
top4
Imagineer

Hiya what about the trafford centre ? its really nice there all indoors so doesant matter about the weather ,plenty of parking and they do have some differant shops there ,i live not far from you and it takes us about an hour to get there no problems xxx hope you have a lovely day wherever you go xxx louise xx
top4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
BA ...
Unread 23 Nov 10, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm from London and i love the Bull Ring! Stayed in Birmingham last year and spent all day there
Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 23 Nov 10, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MEZZA
Imagineer

MEZZA's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Hi I live in between the bull ring and merry hill-
Merry hill does offer free parking but has no independent shops that I'm aware of.
The bull ring does offer alot more in variety as you wounder out into Birmingham town center which does offer some more little independent shops but the parking is extortionate

Sorry can't help with other places -never been

MEZZA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
A little get away
Unread 23 Nov 10, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sallyp
slightly serious Dibber

sallyp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Birmingham's really Christmassy now, we've got the German market up new street with loads of stalls (good if you're not working in the centre but my office opens right out into the middle of it!) some craft stalls have turned up this week at the bullring entrance near the bull. Bullrings really lovely and Selfridges is great for a mooch. The lights are on and there's Gluwein (sp) in the air!
Unread 23 Nov 10, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Thanks all for the recommendations

I've lived in the Midlands for 7 years and I'm ashamed to say I've never ventured into Birmingham (except for the odd concert).
The Bullring sounds ideal and I know the German market is going on at the mo ... maybe we'll go down as a family on Sunday instead and really soak up the atmosphere. Get us all into that Christmas spirit
Unread 24 Nov 10, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
smallworld73
Imagineer

smallworld73's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I dont know the train lines as we live a bit further out but you could park at a train station and head into the Bullring-it's right in the centre (Snowshill is the station i think). Parking is really expensive.
if you go round the German market, try the fruit skewers covered in chocolate! Yummmmmmmmm
smallworld73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
WhoLocks return to Base
Closed Thread
QuickSilver