Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Jun 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
steve30
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
For what it’s worth, if you can get there with drastically reduced capacity, a Maxpass style booking system etc, there’s a chance this could be a once in a lifetime WDW experience in a good way- even with no dining plans.
I completely agree, it has the potential to be amazing!
steve30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Maybe so but for me a lot of what make Disney Disney won't be happening. I went to WDW last year and the year before, I had such an amazing time on those trips I'm not prepared to compromise.
I'm kinda the opposite on that. Having been a few times I never go to parades (sometimes the night one once per trip), and don't always even watch the fireworks. They aren't deal breakers for me.

TL not being open is more of a drawback for me, but the rest of the trip would be largely ok I think, as long as I don't get told off too much because I keep "forgetting" to put my mask back on after having a sip of water.
Old 2 Jun 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
I'm kinda the opposite on that. Having been a few times I never go to parades (sometimes the night one once per trip), and don't always even watch the fireworks. They aren't deal breakers for me.

TL not being open is more of a drawback for me, but the rest of the trip would be largely ok I think, as long as I don't get told off too much because I keep "forgetting" to put my mask back on after having a sip of water.
I don't like fireworks and never watch them so that doesn't bother me. The deal breaker is not being able to spend part of a day in a water park and part in a main park. Plus I'm not in the best of health so I need flexibility when I go there as my plans can change. With the park reservation system I won't have that flexibility. I'll be returning in 2022 when things will hopefully be more normal.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

For what it’s worth, if you can get there with drastically reduced capacity, a Maxpass style booking system etc, there’s a chance this could be a once in a lifetime WDW experience in a good way- even with no dining plans.
How does the Maxpass style booking system work?
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daffodil92 View Post
How does the Maxpass style booking system work?
When you are in the park you basically pick your ride on the app, and it tells you what time to come back. You can do ride after ride until the days allocation are used up.
Think they are talking 25% capacity in the park initially.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

When you are in the park you basically pick your ride on the app, and it tells you what time to come back. You can do ride after ride until the days allocation are used up.
Ah, that’s great - thanks. 👍
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
lozkin
Getting Excited

Mobile

I wonder what % AP holders and resort guests with tickets make up
lozkin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree, if we were going for a shorter time like a week and it was costing half the price i’d Jump at the opportunity to experience it.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Wereallmadhere
Excited about Disney

Mobile

If Disney are going the route of letting you pre book for one park a day and getting rid of the hopper option, have they said anything as to what would happen if say you booked Hollywood studios for your day, could you go in the morning, then back to hotel resort for a swim and then go back into hollywood studios? Or would the system say as tou have left you cant then have re entry?
Old 2 Jun 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Wereallmadhere View Post
If Disney are going the route of letting you pre book for one park a day and getting rid of the hopper option, have they said anything as to what would happen if say you booked Hollywood studios for your day, could you go in the morning, then back to hotel resort for a swim and then go back into hollywood studios? Or would the system say as tou have left you cant then have re entry?
I wondered this too, haven't seen anything about it though.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List