Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jun 20, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

I have just received an email from Disney stating the following:

As we plan for the reopening of our Disney resort hotels and theme parks, we are keeping the wellbeing of our Guests and Cast in mind. To manage capacity and foster physical distancing during this unprecedented period, at reopen we will be changing and suspending - some dining and other experience bookings.

As a result a limited capacity, we have made the difficult decision to cancel existing dining reservations and experience bookings.

Were putting a great del of thought into helping you return to the magic and appreciate your patience. We look forward to welcoming you again soon."

It then goes on to give me a cancellation confirmation number for my reservation I had at Sanaa. I had another two cancelled as well and assume the emails will come soon for those.

I know we are aware dining is cancelled but just wanted to share what it appears Disney are now sending regarding the cancelled dining.
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
When you are in the park you basically pick your ride on the app, and it tells you what time to come back. You can do ride after ride until the days allocation are used up.
Think they are talking 25% capacity in the park initially.
Yes, but remember that the rides will also be run at 25% capacity too. For example, they won't be able to cram lots of people into the boats on POTC - only one family per boat.

And there will be no shows or parades to soak up large numbers of people.

So, Maxpass aside, the time to queue will be roughly the same as normal. And with having to space people out by 2m, the queues will probably be longer in physical length than normal (hence the need to use the fastpass queue area for regular queue space, as they've stated).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Yes, but remember that the rides will also be run at 25% capacity too. For example, they won't be able to cram lots of people into the boats on POTC - only one family per boat.

And there will be no shows or parades to soak up large numbers of people.

So, Maxpass aside, the time to queue will be roughly the same as normal. And with having to space people out by 2m, the queues will probably be longer in physical length than normal (hence the need to use the fastpass queue area for regular queue space, as they've stated).
Will be interesting to see if that is the case. It would be nice though to be able to walk up Maxpass style to all rides and quickly get on.
Old 3 Jun 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I also got those emails about cancellation. It was strange as I knew US guests had the same emails but my heart still sank when I read the word cancellation - only to scroll down and see Boma! ha

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yeah I've just had a few more dining cancellation emails. Keep jumping on them hoping for some new info.
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmymouse
Proud to wear my Ears

I'm the same - got a notification about an email for Disney, got my hopes up...oh no just an email telling me Sanaa has been cancelled! I had my Homecomin' email a few days ago but those are the only two I've had.

On that note, you can now rebook ADR's at a few Disney Springs restaurants, including Homecomin'...

Also can I say a quick thank you to YorkshireT for keeping the first post so informative and up to date! It really is helpful.
WDW/Coronado Springs - 24th September 2020 - 1st October 2020.
Emmymouse is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

I just got loads of Disney emails too and a news update that quarantine is official sad times
Minniesmiff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahc
VIP Dibber

sarahc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
NEW COMPULSORY THEME PARK RESERVATION SYSTEM
Attendance will be managed through a new theme park reservation system which is accessible via the My Disney Experience desktop site
To enter a Walt Disney World Theme Park, guests will need their theme park admission ticket PLUS a date-specific theme park reservation for every day they intend to visit a Disney park
GUESTS CAN ONLY ACCESS THE NEW DISNEY THEME PARK RESERVATION SYSTEM, ONCE THEY HAVE LINKED THEIR BOOKING TO My Disney Experience
Guests MUST make a date-specific theme park reservation for each day they plan to visit the park
Important: Without a date-specific theme park reservation confirmed, guests will NOT be able to access the Disney Parks, even with a valid ticket
Once guests have linked their booking on My Disney Experience, Disney will keep guests informed directly about when the new reservation system will open and show availability – estimated to be mid-June

This is from Minnieliv's post yesterday. Just to clarify, when they say 'booking' do they just mean park tickets or do you have to have a Disney resort reservation? I'm thinking/hoping they just mean tickets...!
Old 3 Jun 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmymouse
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by sarahc View Post
NEW COMPULSORY THEME PARK RESERVATION SYSTEM
Attendance will be managed through a new theme park reservation system which is accessible via the My Disney Experience desktop site
To enter a Walt Disney World Theme Park, guests will need their theme park admission ticket PLUS a date-specific theme park reservation for every day they intend to visit a Disney park
GUESTS CAN ONLY ACCESS THE NEW DISNEY THEME PARK RESERVATION SYSTEM, ONCE THEY HAVE LINKED THEIR BOOKING TO My Disney Experience
Guests MUST make a date-specific theme park reservation for each day they plan to visit the park
Important: Without a date-specific theme park reservation confirmed, guests will NOT be able to access the Disney Parks, even with a valid ticket
Once guests have linked their booking on My Disney Experience, Disney will keep guests informed directly about when the new reservation system will open and show availability – estimated to be mid-June

This is from Minnieliv's post yesterday. Just to clarify, when they say 'booking' do they just mean park tickets or do you have to have a Disney resort reservation? I'm thinking/hoping they just mean tickets...!
I believe that it does also include tickets. I feel I've heard rumours that resort guests will have priority, but if you have valid tickets you will be included on the reservation system.

Please feel free to take this with a pinch of salt as I feel like there's so little clear information coming out that I'm not sure anyone truly knows.
WDW/Coronado Springs - 24th September 2020 - 1st October 2020.
Emmymouse is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Emmymouse View Post
I believe that it does also include tickets. I feel I've heard rumours that resort guests will have priority, but if you have valid tickets you will be included on the reservation system.

Please feel free to take this with a pinch of salt as I feel like there's so little clear information coming out that I'm not sure anyone truly knows.
Some US DVC owners have reportedly (I haven't) received an email hinting at special treatment- remains to be seen if resort / DVC guests have priority. Think they possibly will.