Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Mar 10, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by NatsyNoo View Post
Did you arrange the favours Jen, or did they? Love the shoes! What were the others? Are they Mickeys?
We arranged the favours as an extra - the shoes were filled with jellybeans (my favourite!) and then we got solid chocolate Mickey ears (like the hats) for the kids. They had a lot of other designs to choose from - this was organised through Rosie, who also did all the floral and entertainments side of things for us. You could choose milk,white or dark chocolate so we personalised them for each guest.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 10, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Scrap_Vamp View Post
We arranged the favours as an extra - the shoes were filled with jellybeans (my favourite!) and then we got solid chocolate Mickey ears (like the hats) for the kids. They had a lot of other designs to choose from - this was organised through Rosie, who also did all the floral and entertainments side of things for us. You could choose milk,white or dark chocolate so we personalised them for each guest.
That's cool, thanks Jen!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 10, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by NatsyNoo View Post
That's cool, thanks Jen!
No problem

They also tied in the ribbons to match our colour scheme!
Old 7 Mar 10, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Scrap_Vamp View Post
No problem

They also tied in the ribbons to match our colour scheme!
I saw that and greatly appreciated it! Lol!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 10, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
aimee8282
Proud to wear my Ears

Just sat and read your whole trip, what a lovely suprise having Mickey & Minnie at your wedding You looked stunning! Looking forward to hearing about wishes cruise!
aimee8282 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 10, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
brer rabbit 28
VIP Dibber

I have enjoyed your report so much! Love your photos, infact i have contacted Randy about our wedding after seeing your beautiful shots.

Cannot wait fro the next bit as we are planning the cruise too
Old 12 Mar 10, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Meal at California Grill looks great
Old 14 Mar 10, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks everyone - will try and do the next post tonight as I've had a manic week at work and today had everyone round for Mother's Day (I'm the only non-mother, lol!)
Old 14 Mar 10, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Day 8 - Wishes cruise

Day 8 - part 21

After the meal, mum and dad took the sleeping kids back to the villa, while Rob, Row, Carl and I had about an hour to kill before we needed to go to get our cruise. Before leaving the top floor, we stopped for a couple of shots on the balcony (I can see that I was starting to flag a little at this point, and needed to get my second wind of energy):

As such, Rowena and I did what I think every bride should be able to do on her wedding day - we shopped! Carl and Rob went to the arcade to play games, while we looked for things Row could use her birthday gift card on. We had a good time browsing for nearly half an hour, and in the end we bought bags that Row found in the sale section - there were two different colours but they were floral and patchwork, with a tiny little Mickey silhouette on the front. In the sale they cost less thn $10 each - bargain I also got Carl a T-shirt with Walt and Mickey standing at the front of Main Street, with Cinderella Castle in the background. Finally, I got a Contemporary Resort pin for Carl's collection, and some jibbit for my mum's Crocs.

At this point we headed downstairs towards the Marina, and had some more lovely conversations with people, including a group who were there for a conference. Everyone was still being so nice! Carl went to the ATM to get payment for the boat, and then we had a toilet stop. When we were in the CG I realised I hadn't been to the loo for 6 hours and it was interesting navigating my huge train, lol.

Finally we headed outside, and spotted the Mickey ears sculpture/seat that ahd been featured in the "Adventures of the Purple Van" thread in the UK forum just before we left. Well, we couldn't pass up the opportunity to get shots here, could we?!

At 9pm we met our cruise captain, and boarded. It had been decorated with some congratulations banners:

When we originally booked, we said there would be 7 of us (Carl's mum and dad, plus my friend) so the captain was surprised to see only 4 of us, lol!

The captain took the boat on a long tour round Bay Lake, and gave us lots of trivia. Rob and Row found this particularly interesting, as they'd not heard any of it before, and Carl and I learned a lot of new things as well. I asked some questions about River Country and Discovery Island, and we went right up close to where they had been - in the dark they looked particularly spooky!

At 9.30pm we stopped and watched the Electrical Water Pageant. It was good to see this close up as in the past we have only seen it from the California Grill.

As we crossed from Bay Lake into Seven Seas Lagoon we learned that we were going over a water bridge - the same bridge the bus goes under on the way to Magic Kingdom - which was built to join the real lake to the manmade lagoon. We finally stopped in front of the Magic Kingdomand the captain had just turned off the engine when the music for Wishes began. I filmed the show on my camera with the video function as we had such a good view, and the captain also gave us more trivia about the fireworks. It felt really romantic watching the fireworks on our wedding day, but halfway through I ran out of room on my memory card and Carl said not to film the rest, so we cuddled!

After the show we headed back to the Marina, and on the way we kept hearing the trivia quiz on the Pirate cruises that we're nearby - I kept getting the answers right, lol. When we docked, the captain said we should take the rest of the snacks and drinks away with us, as we'd paid for them and had only actually had one can of soda each (we were full from dinner!).

Once we got off the boat we hung around for a bit, talking to a few people who stopped to say congratulations. They were playing a movie on the outdoor screen too. As we were talking, the two "Pirate Patch" characters from the Pirate cruises disembarked, and insisted on taking photos with us and imparting their wisdom

Old 14 Mar 10, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Team Thomson
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Team Thomson's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thoroughly enjoyed your report and photos. We were wed at Sea Breeze in 2007 and loved every minute too. You brought me back lots of happy memories.

We are going in August this year and taking mum in law, I cant wait to show her where we got wed and have a celebratory dinner. Unfortunately we couldnt take the family last time.

x

Kirsty, David & Kyle x

:
Team Thomson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread