Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 25 May 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
saffy202
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrIncredible View Post
You have 113 days to go - they'll be back in stock in plenty of time.
Ah I know I'm not worried personally but I have seen others with shorter time scales not got them but others going in 2020 have got them.

there is a message on the web site now stating :

Due to strong popularity, our MagicBand upgrade options are temporarily out of stock. Disney Resort hotel Guests and new and renewing Walt Disney World Annual Passholders may continue to choose from a selection of complimentary solid-color MagicBands. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and are working to replenish our inventory as soon as possible.

so hopefully more will be in stock soon.
Old 25 May 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

I agree, really frustrating that Disney didn’t plan better and restrict ordering to a certain number of days before stay rather than allowing 2020 people to order (especially as they may change their mind!)

Disney have told me they are out of stock and just to keep checking, annoyingly the ones my boys want are still in stock on Shop Disney too.

If they had said it was limited I would have got them to make their minds up sooner
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
Very Serious Dibber

I don’t get why it would be a stock issue.

Not everyone with a booking is going at the same time. Surely they can display what’s on offer for people to order, then they know what’s orders and numbers they need, and can prioritise people’s arrival dates.
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by Griff_389 View Post
I don’t get why it would be a stock issue.

Not everyone with a booking is going at the same time. Surely they can display what’s on offer for people to order, then they know what’s orders and numbers they need, and can prioritise people’s arrival dates.
It should I suppose be borne in mind that this is not a UK specific offer, it is to all guests, and that US Guests can have the bands shipped immediately when ordered irrespective of their stay dates, unlike UK guests that cannot have them until they arrive. This means that a high proportion of the bands got sent out from stock immediately, hence the loss of stock. Still I think they got caught out by the demand

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
I agree, really frustrating that Disney didn’t plan better and restrict ordering to a certain number of days before stay rather than allowing 2020 people to order (especially as they may change their mind!)

Disney have told me they are out of stock and just to keep checking, annoyingly the ones my boys want are still in stock on Shop Disney too.

If they had said it was limited I would have got them to make their minds up sooner
As regards 2020 people changing their minds once Magic Bands are upgraded there isn't an option to edit them. You have to agree to this when ordering and paying for them.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
As regards 2020 people changing their minds once Magic Bands are upgraded there isn't an option to edit them. You have to agree to this when ordering and paying for them.
I know they can’t change them, but I can see Disney getting lots of queries from people wanting to who have ordered too far ahead then see something better.

I also wonder how Disney are going to store all of the ones ordered so far ahead for overseas visitors, they will end up with piles of them behind the hotel desks!
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
I know they can’t change them, but I can see Disney getting lots of queries from people wanting to who have ordered too far ahead then see something better.

I also wonder how Disney are going to store all of the ones ordered so far ahead for overseas visitors, they will end up with piles of them behind the hotel desks!
I did mine for this year the day after they were released and you do have to tick a box to agree to these Terms and Conditions though. So if people ring and say they want to change them they'll be told no. I've just done a dummy one for next year and this is what it says:

Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

It’s the chance you take, if you want to wait and see if new ones get added that’s fine, but bear in mind we’ve stuck with the plain ones for forever it seems.
Disney have been caught short with their planning, so maybe this was a marketing ploy to gauge popularity.
I’m happy with my choice and ticked the box to say I understood no changes.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
Very Serious Dibber

Seems it’s down to the standard plain ones now.
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List