Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 19 May 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
mckee74
Trying for More Ears

Anyone bought luggage?

Hello all.

I was just wondering if anyone has bought luggage while over on their holidays?

Never really looked at the shops at the outlets and wondering know whether to take my dying luggage and buy a set there or just get a set before I go? No idea how much they cost over there.

Anyone? Cheers.
mckee74 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
headpin
Getting Excited

We have bought all of our cases whilst there. Unless you are after something specific I would not buy in the Outlets. Ross, Marshall’s, T J Maxx and similar shops sell branded luggage at prices lower than the outlet shops. However, you take a Chance on what stock they have and if they have 2 or 3 pieces the same if you want matching. If you do see something you like and they do not have sufficient it is always worth looking in other nearby branches as often they will have similar in stock too.

I would suggest you take a look there first before committing to an outlet store.

Good luck.

Edited at 11:13 AM.
headpin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
discostu
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by headpin View Post
We have bought all of our cases whilst there. Unless you are after something specific I would not buy in the Outlets. Ross, Marshall’s, T J Maxx and similar shops sell branded luggage at prices lower than the outlet shops. However, you take a Chance on what stock they have and if they have 2 or 3 pieces the same if you want matching. If you do see something you like and they do not have sufficient it is always worth looking in other nearby branches as often they will have similar in stock too.

I would suggest you take a look there first before committing to an outlet store.

Good luck.
Agree 100% we got a fabulous suit case in Marshalls it was Nautica for about a third of the price of the same in Ireland
discostu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
mckee74
Trying for More Ears

Thanks very much folks. Very helpful.

What kind of prices were you looking at please. Antler have a sale this weekend so sets around £270 and just not sure if it'll be cheaper in the States.
mckee74 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Ross, Marshall, TJ Maxx all price similarly. Ball park figures from my last purchase of hard shell Juicy Cutures are

22" $59
26" $69
28" $79
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

We have done click and collect from Walmart. A huge choice with good deals and they get delivered to a local Walmart within a few days.
Old 19 May 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
If you're not travelling for a while, I would wait and get one of the 3-case sets from Costco (Antler) for £99, which includes cabin, medium and large hard bodied cases (spinner wheels).

You can buy them online, if not an existing member it's only 5% extra.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Burlington is also a good place to look for branded suitcases at discounted prices.
scooby99 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireVC
Excited about Disney

Mobile

8 years ago we got an amazing set of luggage in Macy’s at Mall at Millenia, heavily discounted and you get 10% additional discount as an international visitor. It is still going strong today
Old 20 May 19, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
paulr
Proud to wear my Ears

We just bought a 28 inch soft foldable one with wheels from Walmart for $14 - 32 inch ones are $18. The last similar ones we bought lasted a few years
paulr is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List