Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 May 19, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Westhamtillidie
Earning More Ears

planning your days months in advance.

Just thinking, planning every day of your holiday in advance around your MDE fast pass booking, do you think it works? So you book your say 14 days, you then allocate every day to a particular park, time of day, what rides, morning or afternoon or evening, hope that (a) the weather works on each day (b) no one in the party is sick (c) everyone really feels up to it (usually around 6/7 days into the holiday).Don't know about you but our family didn't have a clue as to what park to go to on each day, let alone what time of the day, maybe we are just disorganized ?
Westhamtillidie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

We do it but happy to cancel and change at any time
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

It worked well for us last time. Though it feels very strange booking dining 6 months in advance when I have no idea what I want for dinner tomorrow 🙈

This time we’re only doing QSDP so while we have a good idea of places to eat in each park we’re happy to change our minds. Obviously weather can be an issue but again we’d be happy to reconsider plans if that came about.

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
elliecjno1
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

As soon as the BDG is released I work out my days based on that & special events that maybe on, then work my FP's I want around that & where we're eating thats in or close to that park. Worked perfectly for us last time & as my fiance has anxiety, he found it so good having a plan & knowing where we were going. If the weather changed or we were too tire we just swapped about a bit
April '18 - WDW - POFQ & Emerald Island Villa

MAY '20 - WDW - POFQ & AMI CANCELLED BY COVID
elliecjno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

I do it but change things around when I feel it's needed.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 01:15 AM  
Link to this Post
milliemouse5
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I found this to be a pain last time we went! I love planning generally but having to book fast passes and adrs and not having much flexibility is a bit of a nuisance. Still love it when we’re there though 😁
milliemouse5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 02:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Fan
Proud to wear my Ears

OUR PLAN...

Fly there, hire a car as there are plenty, then find somewhere to stay, buy some tickets, see what the weather is going to be doing, and react accordingly.

Eats... just ask as you go wherever you end up?... there is food out there.

Just go where you want when you want, totally relax, return home and file this Plan in your cases for next time. Enjoy! and Simples!

Paul
Orlando Fan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 05:36 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We like to have a plan otherwise we don’t seem to get going in a morning and we’d never make a decision on what to do.

Saying that, we change the plan while we are out there depending on our mood. If everyone's tired then I’ll swap the fastpasses for a different time/park. Contrary to the message on here most fastpasses can be changed on the day.

I don’t book many ADRs as we don’t have a dining plan but when we did try it we only booked evening meals for a few nights. The rest were breakfast or lunch. We found this gave more flexibility.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 06:21 AM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

I find planning fun and part of the holiday experience,
I make a list of must do,s once the busy day guide hours are out it makes sense to use that as if there's something that would help you to enjoy your time by not being as crowed use it.
Next is based on that is what fast past rides are hard to get
FOP, SDMT, SD etc then you can relax knowing once your there, there's no rushing out the door for rope drop, you can enjoy your time knowing its all taken care of,
Again with meals we only book the hard to get the or ones we really want to do so avoiding the diapointment when there, the rest is a how do we feel on the day.
All plans are changeable and can be adapted but its a starting point.
Think of a cruise you know where you'll be everyday and if you didn't plan a couple of excursions you'd miss quite a bit.
If you go every year it probably doesn't matter if you miss something but we only go every few years.
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have a pretty good idea which days we will have had enough Disney by and need a break so for instance day three and four will have the same things booked as I know we’ll have one of them off. It’s much easier on the QSDP when you don’t have to schedule a meal every day too. We are also flexible and happy to change things round. If we lose a favoured fast pass so what if we really want it we can rope drop and queue or just accept it was the price of moving things around. So far we’ve always known we’ll be back which helps but maybe not for much longer the way prices and crowds are going. Even so still plenty of other things to do in Florida.
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List