Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Jul 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I go on an adult holiday to Disney and intend to keep doing so ! I love Disney and universal so why shouldn’t we go our money is as good as anyone else’s and we probably spend more .
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I can’t believe this is even being questioned! Anyone can go to Disney and We’ll definitely be going on our own in the future once Kids are older - we love it
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We started going when our kids were 5 & 3. It’s now 30 years later and our last visit was just me and DH. Yes it was a somewhat different experience but we still enjoyed ourselves. Took it slowly, drank cocktails etc. People who have never been to Disney don’t understand it. But I don’t think you can really explain the appeal to non believers. I gave up trying years ago!
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Sam_Smith
slightly serious Dibber

We have been with kids under 10 once, kids over 10 twice, on our own 3 times and with our grown up kids and their wives once!

We have had the BEST times on our own

Having said that I would be well up for child free couples being banned from Disney parks, as long as it's only a couple of days a week and the rest of the week they have adult only days
Old 31 Jul 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I took my mother in 2006 she was 70 years old, the look on her face was every bit as enchanting as the look on my five year old grandsons face in May this year.

Ive been five times with my own children, once when they were 16 & 18... should we not have gone then, I’ve been once on a girls week trip, several times with my mother and with my daughters as adults

I wonder what sad lives people must lead if they feel that as an adult you can’t get any pleasure from childlike activities. That’s whats wrong with the world... too many people walking around with brooms up their collective ≈≈≈≈≈.. telling other people how to live

Edited at 02:01 PM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
talicarr
Helping Minnie

Didn't Walt specifically state Disney was for everyone? I'm childless as are my brother and SIL, we're all going away to Disney World this year, and my husband and I will go again in a few years, no need for kids to enjoy the parks.
talicarr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Each to there own and all that...
I don’t agree with otherthings people spend lots of money on, and not gonna call you wrong for doing it.
And as a childless 20somethong you’re not gonna stop me joining the other childless adults in having a good time.
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Read all about it... ‘Entitled, foul mouthed, semi-literate millennial doesn’t like queuing.’ Move on, nothing to see.🤐

Edited at 02:11 PM.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

The first time we went my kids were 14, 12 and 11, we couldn't have afforded it before. We had a fantastic time and have all been back there many times since. We don't go to the parks on our own but I am just thinking it's easy to say that when you do have children/grandchildren to take, I don't know how I'd be if I hadn't, I'd be a totally different person with different life experience (and a lot more money). I personally do not understand adults queuing for hours to meet characters, especially the face ones, last year a single guy, mid thirties, was having a great time chatting up the (not very ) ugly sisters while we queued with 4 little girls. To be honest tho I think that only stressed us because we had a fast pass booked so time was tight.
Against that in Crystal Palace I was delighted to see an American lady both older and fatter than me get up to dance with the characters. I thought that was lovely.

I still think the "rant" is a wind up though and the Guardian should know better.

Edited at 02:04 PM.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

I've seen the tweet, she needs some chill pills and a bar of Mickey soap to wash her mouth out.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List