Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 28 Aug 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Another mega day - great fast passes in AK...it’s good to know there were still some decent ones after seeing your queue to get in the queue for Everest, yikes.

Meredith and Bernard sound adorable, I love single rider for the same reason as you - always fun to snoop on other people!

How infuriating about the server. I haven’t got that booked and I’m glad now, although I am doing Hollywood and Vine instead #prayforme

Can’t believe you’re onto the last day already! But at least you’ve got another trip booked.
I suspect that there were some good FPs available later on in the day as people were getting frustrated and going elsewhere.

Yes, I am a big advocate of single rider. It was scary the first time (like going to the movies on your own) but now I have no problem with it.

Hollywood & Vine, you say? Can't wait for that trip report
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridafour View Post
BernArd and Meredith 💕
It’s little moments like that you only get in Disney 🙂
Another great day, shame about the pants server
Yes, they really were a wonderful couple.

I know - shame about the HBD as I have such fond memories of it. Still, was good to go again, if only to realise there are better places now to spend two credits.

Edited at 05:36 PM.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
BernArd make sure the right ones get my diamonds made me laugh 😂😂😂😂
I'd have made a bid for the diamonds myself, they were quite something!
Old 28 Aug 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'm also loving the BernArd and Meredith story, it seemed a far better experience for the single rider than being moaned at about Disney building the vehicle too small Shame about the shoddy service at dinner, at least you saw the show. Photos looked fab.
Thank you. I do like it when you get a good single rider experience, and confirms my belief that there is no such thing as a shy American in Disney.

Yes, a real shame about dinner, but at least we know now and won't be wasting meal credits there in the future. Convenient location and my meal was nice - it was OK as a last minute reservation but had we pre-booked and got excited about it, I would have been far more annoyed.
Old 28 Aug 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Blubbing over the Meredith story, what a legend. I hope I’m like that when I’m in my 80s.

My mum fell asleep in Nemo (along with other shows), she basically slept through the entire thing, I didn’t let on I had noticed and at the end asked her favourite part, she said ‘the part where they go under the water’ haha.

We had a bad experience at HBD last year too, my server was just a bit absent but yours sounds like a complete mare, that things didn’t speed up once you had explained you were in a hurry is just rude. If there was any legitimate reason for the slow service I’m sure she’d have explained it.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Blubbing over the Meredith story, what a legend. I hope I’m like that when I’m in my 80s.

My mum fell asleep in Nemo (along with other shows), she basically slept through the entire thing, I didn’t let on I had noticed and at the end asked her favourite part, she said ‘the part where they go under the water’ haha.

We had a bad experience at HBD last year too, my server was just a bit absent but yours sounds like a complete mare, that things didn’t speed up once you had explained you were in a hurry is just rude. If there was any legitimate reason for the slow service I’m sure she’d have explained it.
Oh me too - they were such a fantastic couple.

Good on your mum! Glad to know I'm not alone. Haha.

Interesting - and sorry - to hear you had a bad experience there last year. I've read a few recent reviews of it, all rave reports, so I guess it really does depend so much on your server.
Old 29 Aug 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Oh wow how amazing to get to ride FoP twice in row! And Meredith and BernArd sounded truly delightful!

I must admit I do love a Disney burger every now and then! We always stop in Cosmic Ray’s at MK at least once per trip and I do always really enjoy it… it’s all about the toppings bar!

So great you got to ride Everest at night.. this is something I am so hoping we get to do, this will be our first time going to AK since they opened at night so fingers are crossed we can manage it!

Well Brown Derby sounded thoroughly disappointing, I can’t believe that service… bad for any restaurant but particularly awful for a signature! I don’t blame you on the 10% tip, I would have begrudged even giving that!

Such a fab day, great to have fitted two parks in! I’m sad we are so close to the end now
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Hmm, we haven't eaten in HBD for a couple of years now. We were super-impressed the first time we tried it (on the dining plan, we're not millionaires!), but the next two times we had horrible, horrible waits for every course and did indeed feel as though we had been abandoned. The first time it happened, we thought it was a one-off; the next year we decided it wasn't worth returning again.

Falling asleep in random places at Disney - that needs to be a thread all on it's own. DH once fell asleep seconds into the film about Walt in One Man's Dream, but was very apologetic to me and asked if we could possibly watch it again? The CM let us stay in there (it wasn't very crowded) and he promptly fell asleep at the EXACT same point the second time. I refused point blank to sit through it a third time, lovely though the film was.

Film in France - yep, yawnsville. The film in America? Yep. The bit in Ellen's Energy Adventure when you get to the radio room and it's all dark in there …….

I once fell asleep on the Railroad train going around Disneyland, California, much to my disappointment as I really wanted to see the vignettes! DH said he thought I had had a stroke, as my head was lolling around and I was dribbling - oh the embarrassment. He poked me and I grunted, apparently, so he just left me to it. In revenge I made him ride the whole route again just so I could see the bits I had missed!

We met up with some friends once who had travelled from Texas on a cheap flight which landed at 2 a.m. After about 3 hours' sleep they met up with us in Epcot. Her hubby slumped on the concrete floor near the bandstand in the UK pavilion, and fell asleep with his head in a puddle. We left him to it while we chatted, checking he hadn't drowned every now and again.

Happy times!

Edited at 02:58 PM.
Silvercat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve been dropping in on your trip report all summer but only just commenting now, sorry!
Loving that you fell asleep in Nemo, I know some on here would be horrified that you snoozed in that show
Still not done FoP but your comments about the Bernarrrrd and Meredith episode were v funny
Thanks for sharing your travels and I’m looking forward to finishing the report soon
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Oh wow how amazing to get to ride FoP twice in row! And Meredith and BernArd sounded truly delightful!

I must admit I do love a Disney burger every now and then! We always stop in Cosmic Ray’s at MK at least once per trip and I do always really enjoy it… it’s all about the toppings bar!

So great you got to ride Everest at night.. this is something I am so hoping we get to do, this will be our first time going to AK since they opened at night so fingers are crossed we can manage it!

Well Brown Derby sounded thoroughly disappointing, I can’t believe that service… bad for any restaurant but particularly awful for a signature! I don’t blame you on the 10% tip, I would have begrudged even giving that!

Such a fab day, great to have fitted two parks in! I’m sad we are so close to the end now
Yes, I was secretly quite unbothered that Andy didn't want to ride it again! I don't know what's wrong with him but best he doesn't do it if it makes him feel so grotty.

I really hope you get to do Everest at night, it is probably the highlight of any trip for me. It's just perfect.

Indeed, HBD was really disappointing but at least we know now and will be swerving it on future visits. Shame though.