Blondie1979
VIP Dibber

Blondie1979's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 30
Glowtini Girls Do DLP - The Pre Trippie

As the above picture says I am a Disney fan and I can talk about Disney all day long, so to give my long suffering family and social media friends a break for 5 minutes I have come to a place where I know I am in good company and share my pre Disneyland Paris trippie with you 🙂

So let's do some introductions,

The Cast:

This is us, me, Anna, on the right and my dearest friend Rachel on the left, this was taken on our last trip to DLP.
We have been the best of friends for over 25 years and both have a huge love for all things Disney.

This is us on our last day at high school, as you can see we haven't aged one bit!

So to the plan which has been put together over several Saturday night dinners at our local curry restaurant.
Rachel and I both love to plan so unlike when I travel with my husband and kids it has been nice to share this important part of any Disney holiday!

The plan so far:

January 25th - We are staying at the Premier Inn Ashford North the night before we travel, we have dinner booked at the adjoining Beefeater and plan to get an early night as our Eurostar train to Paris Gare Du Nord departs the station at 06.24!

We did this route for the first time last January having only ever gone direct into Disneyland Paris but we feel confident that we now know what we are doing!
The bonus of traveling indirect is,
1. It's cheaper
2. We arrive into DLP about 3 hours earlier than the direct Eurostar.

Last January when we got into the train to Marne La Vallee we were sat feeling very proud of ourselves for getting onto the correct train (after very nearly getting onto the wrong one!) When an old guy sporting a beret got onto the train and started playing the accordion 😄 If we were in any doubt as to which country we were in it was now very clear!
We found this hilarious, all he was missing was a bike, a French stick and a string of garlic around his neck! I managed to get a sneaky photo although it is a bit blurry😄

Anyhow I digress...

Once we arrive into Marne La Vallee we will drop our bags at the Disney Express counter and will head straight to Earl Of Sandwich for a well earned brunch, Mmmmmm I love Earl Of Sandwich 😋

We will then hot foot it over to the Disneyland park where I'm sure a few tears will emerge when I see the castle... I'm not the only one surely?!
After many attempts of getting photos of us with the castle in the background we will head into Fantasyland to continue our tradition of riding It's A Small World first.

Last years attempts!

It's A Small World boat selfie 🙂

After a few rides and most likely a hot chocolate or 2 we will leave the park and make our way back through the village to the Sequoia Lodge which will be our home for 3 nights.

We have a lakeside Golden Forest room booked, we stayed in a Golden Forest room last year and absolutely loved all the benefits of staying in one.

This was our room last year.

Our view ❤

One of our favourite things about staying in a Golden Forest room was the Golden Forest lounge.

Having this lounge to relax in and have an afternoon drink and snack ( included in the cost) and most importantly a peaceful breakfast in was totally worth the extra money in our opinion.

We have planned each day to involve everything we love to see and do at DLP at a reasonable pace with plenty of tea and hot chocolate stops included!

Even though this will be my 11th and Rachel's 7th visit to DLP we have still managed to compile a list of 'firsts' to see and do, these include:

Eating at the new Vapiano restaurant in Disney Village.

Rachel will be ascending Cabane Des Robinson for the first time N.B Rachel hates heights but I will be right there for support.

We are going to see the Frozen show at the Chapparal theatre.

Very excited to see the new Season Of The Force show in the studios.

We will attempt to find Cinderella carriage in Fantasyland as we haven't managed to find it to this day!

I will be riding the Teacups for the first time in years, I don't do spinny rides, it's not usually pretty afterwards! Rollercoasters? Yes... Tower Of Terror?... it's my all time favourite ride, but spinny? No! 😄
I'm doing this as Rachel has promised to ride Tower Of Terror with me again, she rode it for the first time last year and deafened me in my right ear for the rest of the day!

This is my favourite photo of us from last year, her face says it all😂

I might even persuade her to ride Indiana Jones too!

Lastly but by no means least, as the trip title suggests there may be some cocktails consumed during our stay, so far we have planned Glowtinis at Billy Bobs

Island Breeze at Newport Bay.

Rouge et Noir at Cafe Fantasia at the Disneyland hotel.

A beer at King Ludwigs (another first)

I'm pretty sure there will be more!...

One more thing before I finish, Rachel
and I have both been lucky enough to receive new Disney rucksacks for our trip, here they are all ready for their first Disney holiday.

Rachel with the Cheshire Cat...

... and me with Buzz Lightyear!

So that's it for now, I hope you have enjoyed this pre trippie and I look forward to sharing our adventures with you upon our return.

Au Revoir x x

Old 9 Jan 17, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Blondie1979 - 9 Jan 17 7:19 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 17, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
jono74656
Excited about Disney

jono74656's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Anna, I can only say that on your return I expect to see oodles of cocktail piccies to drool over

Have a fantastic time ladies!

My First Solo Trip Report
jono74656 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Looking forward to hearing all about it
Old 11 Jan 17, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Rhoose
Dancing with Tink'

Looking forward to hearing about it
Rhoose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 17, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

A great start! Love the photo of you and your friend from schooldays, thats lovely. Sounds like its going to be a fantastic trip, well planned, and lots of new experiences at DLP! I havent been for years.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 17, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Dogwalker
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to reading along. Haven't been to DLP for a couple of years now but plan to return later this year
Particularly interested in the Golden Forest rooms as I'm wondering if it's worth the extra cost
Dogwalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List