Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 May 17, 03:28 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Mobile

I did it in March and really enjoyed it, but wish it had more behind the scenes stuff (there was some but could have been more). Definitely worth a go for me but I do like knowing behind the scenes stuff though. I was lucky and did the tour on one of the few days of winter-ish weather so it wasn't too hot.

Unfortunately the only way I know of to book the tour is to call...
Old 26 May 17, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
ailsab
Excited about Disney

We did the tour in July 2015 and had a great time. Our son was 16 and he really enjoyed it, didn't moan once We especially liked the behind the scenes part of the Haunted Mansion and we were lucky that our guide used to be a guide on the Jungle Cruise so they let him take us on it and he gave us a great commentary. I don't remmebr it being too hot as again our guide got us to stock up with plenty of water before the tour and gave us plenty of stops in the shade.

It does take a chunk out of the day but does include a couple of rides so if it's busy it's only like queuing for a few rides.
ailsab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

Ive done it twice, 10 years apart, and loved it both times. I am a disney geek though, and love hearing about walt.
Old 26 May 17, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch73
VIP Dibber

We are wanting to do this next year and will have my mum who will be 73, with us, so wondering about hiring a wheelchair for the day. Can you do this at the park?

We did the tour at DLP so wondering if it's similar but without the behind the scenes

WDW - 2005, 2010, 2014, 2018
DLP - 2008, 2009,2017
DLC - 2020, 2023,
Stitch73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

You can hire wheelchairs at all Disney parks. One of our party was in a wheelchair and the guide was so attentive to her, kept making sure she was ok, couldnt fault him. Only downside was half way through the tour she got out and another member of her party got in ! Turned out they didnt fancy walking for the full tour. Think we were all annoyed, only cos it seemed like theyd made a bit of a fool of the guide, they should have explained this to him at the start.
Old 27 May 17, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch73
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by traceyt View Post
You can hire wheelchairs at all Disney parks. One of our party was in a wheelchair and the guide was so attentive to her, kept making sure she was ok, couldnt fault him. Only downside was half way through the tour she got out and another member of her party got in ! Turned out they didnt fancy walking for the full tour. Think we were all annoyed, only cos it seemed like theyd made a bit of a fool of the guide, they should have explained this to him at the start.
NOT ON!

Thank you, she might not stay in the chair all the time but I'd like to know it was there in case she did need it. She thinks she's going to be fine but she has quite a few health problems and I'm not so sure, but I think she wants to come as it could be the last holiday with her Grandchildren!

WDW - 2005, 2010, 2014, 2018
DLP - 2008, 2009,2017
DLC - 2020, 2023,
Stitch73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

I would definately hire a wheelchair. The tour is at a slow and steady pace, but theres quite a bit of standing around, which can be even more tiring. Add the heat and she might find it a bit draining.