Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 May 17, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Fast pass question

Got a quick question about booking fast passes.

Is it best to book all in one go and hope you might get another one that day to book or is it better to book one late morning and the rest for evening?
Thanks
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

The only problem with booking evening ones is that you can't book any more until they've been used. So for example, if your first one is booked at 11am and then the next isn't until 6pm, you're at the mercy of the standby lines all afternoon unless you cancel all of the later ones and rebook whatever is available.

Personally, I'd only book evening FPs in advance if I was only planning to attend the park in the evening after say a pool or shopping day. Or if it was a hot ticket ride I really wanted and that was the only time available.

ETA: My plan is to book FPs between 10-1. Looking at wait times, most rides don't really need them that first hour (unless the park is rammed) so you can do a lot of walk ons. Then after lunch, decide the plan for the afternoon.

Edited at 05:46 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Ah okay.

Is it fairly easy to get extra fast passes later on in the day even in August?
Thanks
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Fiona35 View Post
Ah okay.

Is it fairly easy to get extra fast passes later on in the day even in August?
Thanks
Not for the headline rides.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Fiona you can near enough always get additional FP just not the ones you want ! The good ones still go by mid afternoon so if there is a particular ride that you really want, then get it. Of the 4 Parks, MK is slightly different to the others, if you plan on getting there for park opening then IMHO any early FP are wasted as you can do rides before the queues generally build up. With the teiring system in the other 3 I would always head to a Cat 1 on entering & have the CAT1 FP for mid morning. You may find in Epcot for instance that you are just "filling" slot 3 just so you can get your additional FP.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

To be honest, I wouldn't consider August (too hot for me) so it's not a time of year I've looked at.

But generally, it really depends what rides you want. Try and get the more popular ones (e.g. 7DMT in MK) in your first round, then you can use the less popular rides as your extra choices which should have availability just to reduce queue times.

I am more of a half day park person than a full day one though, so I'll probably be ready to go by the time the first round run out!
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List