Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 27 Jun 17, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
JohnnyBravo
Helping Mickey

Alamo intermediate car - big enough for 2 big cases?

Hi everyone. We've booked an Alamo intermediate car as part of a package with Charter Travel, thinking it would be big enough as there's just the two of us travelling. However, I've looked at the (really useful!) sticky thread above and noticed that this class includes the Mazda 3. I actually own a Mazda 3, and there's no way that both of our cases will fit in the boot, let alone any hand luggage. I really don't want to have luggage on the back seat if I can help it, so worried that other cars in this class may also be too small. Has anyone who's had an intermediate car tell me how they got on luggage wise? (our cases aren't outsize by the way, just the large end of normal)

Thanks
Sheraton Vistana Village - 2015
NYC/SSR/Avanti - 2018
JohnnyBravo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Spud_work
Trying for More Ears

You'll probably only have all of your luggage with you on two occasions, to and from the airport, so is it a big deal if you have to use the back seat?

Intermediate cars come in all shapes and sizes and it will be down to the 'luck of the row' as to what's there when you land.

If this really bothers you, contact Alamo and ask for prices to upgrade to full size as it will be much cheaper to do now then when you arrive
Spud_work is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
LaughingPlace
slightly serious Dibber

LaughingPlace's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

I would say get that one and chuck it on the back seat if it doesn't fit. It's only going to be 2 journeys...unless you're road tripping?
LaughingPlace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

as above if your not changing hotels etc just stick one in the back seats its only 2 journeys

we do this most trips..
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

This is one of those things where Virgin disney springs check in really stands out.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
JohnnyBravo
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Thanks all. I see what you mean, it is only the trips to and from the hotel (3 trips as we're splitting between SSR and Avanti resort). And are flying Virgin so will probably use the bag drop at Disney Springs as suggested. So I guess having a bag on the back seat isnt too much of a problem 😄😄. Thanks.
Sheraton Vistana Village - 2015
NYC/SSR/Avanti - 2018
JohnnyBravo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
KK_Cat
VIP Dibber

KK_Cat's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
You will have no problem. I always get an intermediate (midsize as it is in the US) and fit 2 regular suitcases and 2 cabin size bags too. My preference is a Ford Focus they usually have several of those, but if not just browse the line and pick Car with biggest boot. I've never had to resort to back seat yet. In fact i've had a few compacts too that will take the 4 cases (2 regular, 2 cabin). I'm not sure exactly what size my regular cases are but they're pretty standard 4 wheeler 23kg when full cases.

Edited to add their Ford Focus are saloons and are similar in size to my Mondeo here at home.

Edited at 09:11 PM.
KK_Cat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List