Notices

Old 24 Jul 13, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

The "are we nearly bankrupt yet" french family first trip to florida!

Background info and Introductions:

Me (Loo Loo) 41, Baby I was born high five!
Hubby (Terry) 56, Mr Grumpy, hates americans. (Not all of them but does not do that whole high five thing, ever)
Eldest son (George) 15, Computer genius, room reclusive
Youngest son (Harry) 10, typical boy, loves football, and food!

I have been desperate to go to Florida for years, we usually cruise (I work for a small cruise line) this year I declared we HAD to go next year, before the "boys were too old" (clever huh?! Its TOTALLY FOR ME! ) so we booked, well I did.

Now, my dear husband was not particularly keen to go to Orlando, he is not big on theme parks, junk food, photos, people in furry suits etc etc, he also travels a lot for his job (he works offshore on an oil rig) so, I had to promise that we would go in comfort and style all the way to keep him happy as he would otherwise rather not travel. No problem Mr French! So please note, there will be no mention of indirect flights, budget accommodation, or coupon cutting here!

His job is to earn the money, mine to spend it, and we are both very good at our jobs! Henceforth the title "are we nearly bankrupt yet?"!

Booked - 14 nights, British Airways flights, PE outbound, Business Class home (oh yes baby), Villa at Villas of Grand Cypress in Lake Buena Vista, and all kinds of theme park tickets! Wooooooo! Serious "dibbing" and obsessing has commenced, to the point that my over 300 day countdown, and constant talking about Florida is driving hubby crazy, he thinks I have lost my mind, and "Florida" is becoming an "F" word in more ways than one, we may end up divorced AND bankrupt!

So, I signed up to do a Photopass share, hubby is most unimpressed with this, he hates having his photo taken, but out of all of us, I am the one who loves the characters at Disney, so of course there must be photos! Not to mention that I will hopefully have my braces removed by the time we go, (hallelujah! ) and so my teeth must be proudly on display at every opportunity! The look on my dentists face when I told him very seriously that they had to be off by April was priceless, I said "I cant meet Mickey Mouse wearing braces can I?" And he just looked at me like I was nuts. (I am a bit but aren't all Dibbers?! )

Photo is me and my friend (and my brace)

We are currently on holiday number two of this year, in Mallorca, we still have a cruise in October, but all I can think about is Florida! Have already found myself looking at the threads that discuss how you cope when your holiday to Orlando is over, and think I may need actual counselling. This holiday is relaxing, we are by pool etc, every day, but I just cannot wait until we have an itinerary, full of amazing adventures for each day!

So, we are now the proud owners of a 15 year old! Yes, our first born son turned 15 yesterday, we celebrated with family, and friends, and a cake that I made following a recipe I found on an american cake blog, Its a good old Betty Crocker chocolate cake, decorated with kit kats and m&m's - mmmmmmmmmmm!

Happy Birthday George!

Back from a fabulous cruise, here is our short video review (to music 3 mins) now roll on Orlando 2014! Under 150 days to go, we will be doing a similar video review for Florida, cannot wait! http://vimeo.com/78833493

I am ready to meet Micky! The braces are off yay! Just in time...

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 13, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
CurlySue
Imagineer

lovely start x
CurlySue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 13, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
looloomoomoo
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 37
Guidebook Reviews: 5
Are those two GB flags on a headband?

looloomoomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 13, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Love it. Keep it coming lol
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 13, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by looloomoomoo View Post
Are those two GB flags on a headband?
Yes! Got them for Queens Jubilee!
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 13, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Flower2603
Imagineer

Flower2603's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 24
Florida really is a magic place to holiday. That's what keeps us all here at the Dibb!

August 2008 - All Star Sports/Tradewinds, St. Pete
Aug. 2010 - Beach Club/RPH Aug. 2012 - Beach Club!
August 2015 - RPH/POFQ
October 2017 - Newport Bay DLP August 2018 Tokyo Disney
Flower2603 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 13, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
madhatter3
Imagineer

madhatter3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Great start, I bet this won't be your first and last time! ..

madhatter3 hat trick pre tripee april 16http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=11091819#post11091819
madhatter3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 13, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Toryn
Imagineer

You've obviously been ' bitten' by the Florida bug And you will have the most AMAZING time and you will wonder why you left it so long before you went This Is our 22 visit and I still get excited about planning etc and when I'm there I'm the biggest kid of all And I'm 64 next birthday
Toryn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 13, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Den
Imagineer

Can't wait to read all about your trip!
Disney Den is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 13, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Toryn View Post
You've obviously been ' bitten' by the Florida bug And you will have the most AMAZING time and you will wonder why you left it so long before you went This Is our 22 visit and I still get excited about planning etc and when I'm there I'm the biggest kid of all And I'm 64 next birthday
That is fantastic! I just still feel like a kid inside, and I know I will be embarrassing the kids when I see the characters! I love that they can talk to you in Orlando, unlike Paris, where they just nod!