Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Apr 17, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
We're looking at going there next year ,it's all so different

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 17, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'll probably do Shanghai next year. Having done both Tokyo and Hong Kong not long after they opened it sometimes is a good idea to let the dust settle to make sure they have everything as it should be.

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Really quite excited about this trip!

Originally Posted by itsrachelhere View Post
I went in November and stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. Had a fantastic time! Pirates ride is the best, and don't miss the Tarzan show and the castle show .
Oooh I'll keep in mind to see the shows! Somehow I always end up missing shows in Disney so will need to keep an eye on the schedules

The Disneyland Hotel looks amazing also!

Originally Posted by Worgie View Post
Lucky you! Are you doing a trip report? Would love to read it. Enjoy.
Originally Posted by MsMinervaMouse View Post
Trip report trip report! Please please please
Originally Posted by DaddyO View Post
would also love a trip report :-D
I'd like to do one! But depends on how much time I have though - I keep wanting to do one for my recent Disney trips but haven't had the time to!

Originally Posted by CLB_14 View Post
If you dont mind me asking OP, how much is this costing? It's on our bucket list but i've never really considered it due to cost!
I live in Singapore, so return flights were around £300 (I could have gotten flights for cheaper at those times but decided to pay a bit more for a nicer airline and better flight times).

Accommodation - I looked at both Disneyland and downtown hotels (split stay). For the nights I was looking at, if I don't remember wrongly, Toy Story Hotel started from around £150-ish a night and Disneyland Hotel started from around £260-ish a night. Downtown hotels vary widely in price though!

Shanghai Disneyland tickets are much cheaper than US Disney park tickets! And I haven't looked too much into getting around in Shanghai yet but think the metro and taxis are both fairly affordable.

I suspect Shanghai will be a a less expensive city to visit than Tokyo/HK/LA/Orlando/Paris...

Originally Posted by princess_chazy View Post
Oh we'll just miss you!
You're going to Tokyo too! Tokyo is amazing!
Let us know how Shanghai is also!
Old 11 Apr 17, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Will do! Was hoping to do a trippie but doubt I will!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
ahhh you're gonna love it!

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
I suspect Shanghai will be a a less expensive city to visit than Tokyo/HK/LA/Orlando/Paris...
very much so, we were going to do public transport to and from the airport but we did a taxi instead and it was less than £10 to disney

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 17, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hannikins View Post
very much so, we were going to do public transport to and from the airport but we did a taxi instead and it was less than £10 to disney
Sounds good - planning to do that too, don't fancy trying to get around on the metro with lots of luggage! Although I kind of want to try out the Maglev too, maybe on the way back to the airport...
Old 23 Apr 17, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

we were there la few days ago and a great time - had 2 full days and 2 part days. Last Disney park for us.
It was really busy - the lines to get through security and in the park were pretty big and times for most rides were over 1 hour by mid/late morning and most fast passes had gone by around noon.
Off to Tokyo DisneySea tomorrow, TDL Tues and then HKDL for 2 days.
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by dee slack View Post
we were there la few days ago and a great time - had 2 full days and 2 part days. Last Disney park for us.
It was really busy - the lines to get through security and in the park were pretty big and times for most rides were over 1 hour by mid/late morning and most fast passes had gone by around noon.
Off to Tokyo DisneySea tomorrow, TDL Tues and then HKDL for 2 days.
Hope you're having an amazing time!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
BrightlyBob
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by CLB_14 View Post
If you dont mind me asking OP, how much is this costing? It's on our bucket list but i've never really considered it due to cost!
I'm going in July. Flights with Cathay from MAN connecting HKG were £390pp, but that was an open-jaw bargain, Shanghai flights in summer are more usually £650-£750. 2-day Disney tickets in July are £100pp and the Toy Story hotel is £150/nt, the Disneyland hotel is another £120/nt extra.
BrightlyBob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List