Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Apr 17, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
Sounds good - planning to do that too, don't fancy trying to get around on the metro with lots of luggage! Although I kind of want to try out the Maglev too, maybe on the way back to the airport...
The Maglev is fab, definitely do it if you can! Don't worry about the metro, it was far quieter and easier to use than we had anticipated.
itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dee slack View Post
we were there la few days ago and a great time - had 2 full days and 2 part days. Last Disney park for us.
It was really busy - the lines to get through security and in the park were pretty big and times for most rides were over 1 hour by mid/late morning and most fast passes had gone by around noon.
Off to Tokyo DisneySea tomorrow, TDL Tues and then HKDL for 2 days.
Have fun!

Sounds busy though if queues are over an hour I guess I'm going to have to make very good use of fastpasses!

Originally Posted by itsrachelhere View Post
The Maglev is fab, definitely do it if you can! Don't worry about the metro, it was far quieter and easier to use than we had anticipated.
Oh good! Will try to plan in the Maglev Hopefully will be okay with bags - do you know if they have elevators everywhere? (As opposed to the Tube in London where it's staircases everywhere...)
Old 25 Apr 17, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princess_chazy View Post
Hope you're having an amazing time!
it was brilliant, enjoyed it more than Tokyo yesterday and today TBH but probably 'cos it was first time there. Flying to HK tomorrow, which I really like as it's sooo cute!

Have fun!

Sounds busy though if queues are over an hour I guess I'm going to have to make very good use of fastpasses!
you need to do FP but some of them were very late in the day so only managed to get 2 FP whole day.
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh good! Will try to plan in the Maglev Hopefully will be okay with bags - do you know if they have elevators everywhere? (As opposed to the Tube in London where it's staircases everywhere...)
It's a far more sophisticated operation than London's underground! You will be fine. There's lifts and escalators. The main pain is they scan luggage every time you enter a station.
itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Hannikins View Post
ahhh you're gonna love it!
Glad you came along Hannah. Your recent trip report is riveting. I thoroughly recommend DIBBers to read it:

https://DIBB.in/12086046
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Ourdaybydesign
Excited about Disney

Sounds amazing, I would love to go.

We are heading to Hong Kong in a couple of weeks.
Hong Kong Disneyland {1}: May 2017
Ourdaybydesign is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ourdaybydesign View Post
Sounds amazing, I would love to go.

We are heading to Hong Kong in a couple of weeks.
just arrived at Hollywood hotel an hour ago and looking forward to Chef Mickey breakfast (really enjoyed it there last time!) in the morning before going on the new Iron Man ride - got a special priority pass for it
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post

just arrived at Hollywood hotel an hour ago and looking forward to Chef Mickey breakfast (really enjoyed it there last time!) in the morning before going on the new Iron Man ride - got a special priority pass for it
If you can - some pictures please of the Iron man attraction.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
If you can - some pictures please of the Iron man attraction.
sorry, not got any photo's of it but ridden 4 times today - 5 mins wait so no need for fast pass. It's based on Star Wars ride (each car holds 45 passenger, but seats slightly smaller) but not *quite* as good as the new version in our opinion, but still really good. There was a slight humour to it and 3D was good. The queuing area was quite well themed but we walked straight through it to the ride .

What sort of thing did you want to see and I'll see if we ride again tomorrow if I can get some pics for you.
Old 29 Apr 17, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

it was brilliant, enjoyed it more than Tokyo yesterday and today TBH but probably 'cos it was first time there. Flying to HK tomorrow, which I really like as it's sooo cute!

you need to do FP but some of them were very late in the day so only managed to get 2 FP whole day.
Oh dear that doesn't sound promising in terms of being very busy! I guess it's going to be rope drop and then get FPs as early as possible for me. (Unless I cave in and BUY fastpasses...)

Originally Posted by itsrachelhere View Post
It's a far more sophisticated operation than London's underground! You will be fine. There's lifts and escalators. The main pain is they scan luggage every time you enter a station.
Good to know about the lifts and escalators! I always used to get worried when navigating the Tube with suitcases! Though I guess given that the Shanghai metro is fairly new that they should be nice and modern