Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 May 17, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mg1502
Proud to wear my Ears

Is this a good quote from Virgin? Help please...

Hi all

We saw that Virgin Holidays are running a 10% discount this week, so we decided to call for a quote just to see...

They have quoted us the following for travel on 3rd May 2018 for 14 nights at POR + flights:

£5334.27 for 2 adults (with tickets, upgraded dining plan)

Without flights, they quoted:

£3463.15 (with tickets, upgraded dining plan)

This seems an incredible quote when booking with Disney direct the quote is £4242 (POR + tickets + upgraded dining plan + $200 gift card).

Is this quote too good to be true? Feels like we've missed something off the Virgin quote?

Also, if we book through Virgin, has anyone had issues getting their Disney reservation number for making ADRS, Fastpasses, Room Requests etc?

Many Thanks
mg1502 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Sounds like they've got something wrong to me, especially as that would mean they're charging you around £1900 for 2 flights in May?! Unless they're premium flights that sounds mega expensive.

Not sure where you're flying from but I just priced it online and from LGW with what you've stated I'm getting it as £4840.61 with flights.

without flights online it comes out as £4036.55 which seems more realistic?

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
So that leaves flights at nearly £550 each for the package price(taking off the Disney direct cost for hotel etc) which although not the worst price it's a bit steep for early May, I'd be looking for around £400/450 for flights at that time, we've paid £550 each for next October but it's half term, the price for hotel tickets ddp is good though as as you say it's a fair bit more direct with Disney so if it were me I'd just book that part then flights separate but as they say if your happy with the price then that's what matters

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023

Edited at 02:30 PM.
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Originally Posted by smedley View Post
Sounds like they've got something wrong to me, especially as that would mean they're charging you around £1900 for 2 flights in May?! Unless they're premium flights that sounds mega expensive.

Not sure where you're flying from but I just priced it online and from LGW with what you've stated I'm getting it as £4840.61 with flights.

without flights online it comes out as £4036.55 which seems more realistic?
Actually looking again it does look a bit odd that it's a lot cheaper with virgin for just hotel, tickets etc than it is with Disney direct but the virgin package price looks like they are either charging the same price as Disney for hotel tickets ddp then around £550 each flights or as you say charging loads for flights

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
MumsieDonsie
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by keeley78 View Post
So that leaves flights at nearly £550 each for the package price(taking off the Disney direct cost for hotel etc) which although not the worst price it's a bit steep for early May, I'd be looking for around £400/450 for flights at that time, we've paid £550 each for next October but it's half term, the price for hotel tickets ddp is good though as as you say it's a fair bit more direct with Disney so if it were me I'd just book that part then flights separate but as they say if your happy with the price then that's what matters
Wow that seems a really good price for flights, do you mind me asking when you booked these and if they were part of a package? We've booked for half term too and need to get flights yet...hoping I can pick some up for a good price!
MumsieDonsie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mg1502
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We're probably looking at booking flights separate.

Just wondering why Virgin's Disney quote is about £1000 cheaper than with Disney direct. The sales staff on the phone said it included the upgraded dining plan and tickets for our 14 days
mg1502 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Originally Posted by MumsieDonsie View Post
Wow that seems a really good price for flights, do you mind me asking when you booked these and if they were part of a package? We've booked for half term too and need to get flights yet...hoping I can pick some up for a good price!
I booked a flydrive with virgin holidays in the January sale, it's just into half term, the Saturday flight was more, unfortunately the prices have shot up since I booked

New York July 2016
Old 14 May 17, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Virgin Holidays are offering some cracking prices on Disney hotels compared to Disney UK.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by mg1502 View Post
We're probably looking at booking flights separate.

Just wondering why Virgin's Disney quote is about £1000 cheaper than with Disney direct. The sales staff on the phone said it included the upgraded dining plan and tickets for our 14 days
Try booking it!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Just had a look on VH website & the price for por, tickets & upgraded dining plan is £4299, so slightly more than Disney, bit cheaper for French quarter as there's only garden view rooms left at riverside, I'd ring again to double check & if they give you the cheaper price I'd get it booked because that's some saving

New York July 2016