Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 May 17, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
FairyMagic
Excited about Disney

What I am thinking of doing next year is to book the Disney hotel for the last night after visiting Hong Kong and 2 day park tickets and then we can have the day that we check in and the next day the flight back isn't till about 11:00 pm so that we can then have nearly another day to explore.
FairyMagic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

One day was enough for us also...it's a lovely park.
Also try to do Ocean Park that is also good.
Jet is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 17, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

I found one day was enough too. When we went, we went into the park as soon as it opened, by 2pm we went shopping and came back then around 6pm for the evening. One day was plenty
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 17, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks everyone, can I ask where you all purchased your tickets from? Also, do you have to buy fast Passes?
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 17, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

I must be the only person here who felt like we needed 2 days to see everything! Although I guess if pushed, we could have done it in a day, as a lot of what we did on day 2 was repeats of day 1.

I booked us 3 nights at the Disney Hollywood Hotel, and the tickets were an add-on to that booking. FastPasses are free, but like Paris can't be booked in advance, you have to get them on the day.

Another vote for Mystic Manor, we loved this too - look out for things that are exclusive to HKD as they are the most fun things to do and see.

Have fun!
Old 28 May 17, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Ourdaybydesign
Excited about Disney

We have just come back and we had 2 days there and still didn't do everything. We did one day on a sat with friends that was busier but nothing like other parks we've been at. Then we returned our last day after staying at the new explorers lodge hotel and went straight to the airport.

Mystic manor was fab and I also thought it's a small world was the best one I've seen. Their night parade is amazing and my son loved the Jedi training. Iron Man is great too as it the Mine cars. Our second day we went midweek and it was also torrential rain with a black rainstorm warning so it was a lot quieter and met loads of characters too. However even with that we still didn't manage the lion king show and the Mickey show was closed for renovation.

We were in Hong Kong for 7 days and did the 2 at Disney, 1 at Ocean Park, 1 in the city at the peak and wheel, another in the city doing our hotel pool, the park, dim sum and markets, 1 day at the Buddha then another day out in Sai Kung at our friends.

Edited at 09:19 AM.
Ourdaybydesign is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
pink glitter
Getting Excited

I shall look forward to hearing all about your holiday. We've just decided on Hong Kong for a holiday next year with a day or 2 at Disney. Not sure where to start so Hoping for some tips 😀
pink glitter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Ourdaybydesign
Excited about Disney

We bought our tickets direct from their website as they had a discounted 2 day fun ticket which was only 629 HKD which was really cheap. It's only valid until July I think though.

hongkongdisneyland/o...ay-fun-ticket/
Hong Kong Disneyland {1}: May 2017
Ourdaybydesign is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Ourdaybydesign
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I've just remembered about coupon booklets you can pick up in HK that have some Disneyland vouchers in them. I've just done a thread with the link / info.
Hong Kong Disneyland {1}: May 2017
Old 2 Jun 17, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Thankyou, I'll have a look.
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List