Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 May 17, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookey26
Trying for More Ears

First day plans AK think I've made a boo boo

We are off on Friday... Yay !

Now based on people telling me up really first morning with jetlag I'd planned to utilise the EMH at animal kingdom on Saturday 27th... which due to Pandora opening is 7am.

Now I'm not interested in pandora at this point so was planning on going to Dinoland 1st have some fast passes booked too and then being back out the park by 12 latest. The rest of the day spent chilling at pool , settling in around resort etc .

Is this crazy ? It all seemed logical months ago but now I'm seconded guessing myself 😕

Edited at 03:15 PM.
Pookey26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
JellyEllieBean
Imagineer

Sounds like a good idea to me, have a brilliant holiday xx
Old 22 May 17, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We don't wake up early , I know many do but also many don't . It's a long travel day and we tend to go to bed Florida time not uk time . Perhaps set an alarm just in case x
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWMAD
slightly serious Dibber

Nothing wrong with that in my opinion, you could get quite a bit done while everyone is racing to Pandora, the rest of the park will be pretty empty. We are doing the same thing when we go, but, it's in the middle of the holiday when EMH at Animal Kingdom appears.

Our first day we have an ADR at 8am so we've got to get up pretty early as well.

Not sure how long you are there, but, if there's a chance you could always go back and check out Pandora another time.
WDWMAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

Yes think its a great idea. Enjoy
Old 22 May 17, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookey26
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I think I feel bit better now thanks for your replies.

I've managed to bag pandora fast passes for another evening later in the holiday. So quite happy to miss it first day , we are all definitely early risers so hopefully work out xxx
Pookey26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
We like to be up early but it's not for everyone when they are on hols, we just like being in the parks early.

By the way if you're going to set an alarm try using the hotel wake up call service. It's really easy, if I can do it anyone can you use the phone in the room in your wdw resort. You don't actually have to speak to someone to set it or for the wake up, which I know puts people off, it's done pressing the buttons in the right order, but honestly it's a really cool wake up! I don't want to spoil the surprise but I forced my children to answer the phone when it rang and they loved it. We used it every day.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

Your plan is ok when we did EMH at AK we changed our normal route and went to Dinoland 1st it was empty everyone else had gone to the Safari or Mount Everest ride which is where we normally go but had Fastpasses for those. We usually leave about 12.30 after we have an early lunch as we never feel like breakfast on the 1st few days. I would stick to your plan and bail when you have had enough and relax around the pool have a great holiday. Just remember to take some down time everyday its not enjoyable if someone starts to get tried, hot and grumpy.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We did EMH at AK for our first park day last autumn and it was brilliant. Because we weren't fussed about racing to Everest or anything else, we ended up being literally the only family in Dinoland for an entire 45 minutes. It was fabulous.

Now admittedly it was a quiet day for AK and not the opening of a whole new land! But I still like your plan and think you're onto something good.
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookey26
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
We like to be up early but it's not for everyone when they are on hols, we just like being in the parks early.

By the way if you're going to set an alarm try using the hotel wake up call service. It's really easy, if I can do it anyone can you use the phone in the room in your wdw resort. You don't actually have to speak to someone to set it or for the wake up, which I know puts people off, it's done pressing the buttons in the right order, but honestly it's a really cool wake up! I don't want to spoil the surprise but I forced my children to answer the phone when it rang and they loved it. We used it every day.
Now that I like the idea of 😄😄