Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 23 Jun 17, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
WeeVix
I want to go now!

Question Too many ADR?

As a complete newbie I have this horrible feeling I have maybe booked too many ADR's. We have the DDP so was sitting working out what I have used up in week 1 and out of the 14 available credits we have between the 2 of us we have used 18 TS credits... oops!

I guess what I am asking is are the TS meals too big to manage 2 in one day. Don't fancy wasting them where maybe a QS or even just a snack would do for lunch.

An example of where I may have went a bit OTT is the 10/09. This is our first wedding anniversary so I am using that as the excuse! We are going to magic kingdom so wanted to make it extra special:

8:25 BOG
11:25 The Crystal Palace
19:10 BOG - because I'm a huge kid and the Beast is my favourite character on top of the menu looking amazing!

The 10/09 is my worst day for ADR's the rest at most have 2 TS meals.

Sorry for rambling, think I have even lost myself in this post I'm blaming the post-op meds!
WeeVix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

We normally could only manage one table service meal a day. The food is loads, plus you are only tied down time wise to one meal. A QS or snack the rest of the day is more than enough. Though my eldest son and I have birthdays when we are there and on those days we have an early character breakfast and a late table service dinner.
I do think you would struggle to fit in a lunch as well. We are doing a few signature restaurants, using 2 credits, to use them up and not be so restricted to times. It is totally up to you but I think you would find the breakfast and lunch too close.
Old 23 Jun 17, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
WE are on the DDP and we have one table service booked each day and our other meal will be quick service.
On one day we have a signature restaurant booked so we will use up 2 credits on that day.

Are you planning on paying out of pocket for all your extra ADRs? Portions are big and we find 2 meals a day is plenty.
Old 23 Jun 17, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
WeeVix
I want to go now!

Thank you for replying. I'm starting to think the same about the whole breakfast / lunch being so close. Think will cancel lunch on the 10th and try book it in week 2.

I would be lost without this site, its so helpful being able to talk to people who have done Disney before x
WeeVix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We only ever do 2 TS meals if it's breakfast and dinner normally. Usually the kind of place we would manage a TS lunch and then dinner would be a waste of a credit if you see what I mean?
You don't have anywhere near enough time between BoG breakfast and CP lunch on that day. I would cancel the breakfast and keep lunch and dinner. What are your other plans?

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
WeeVix
I want to go now!

There will be at least 2 days we wont need any DDP as we are planning on being away early and coming back to AKL late, so that would kind of even things up. But think i will cut TS meals down to one a day after even seeing pictures of how big snacks are too x
Old 23 Jun 17, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by WeeVix View Post
There will be at least 2 days we wont need any DDP as we are planning on being away early and coming back to AKL late, so that would kind of even things up. But think i will cut TS meals down to one a day after even seeing pictures of how big snacks are too x
Often the problem is that there are so many places you want to eat at!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post

BOG breakfast is QS so that wouldn't save you any credits cancelling.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
WeeVix
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by WeeVix View Post
I don't have any other plans for that day yet. Not even thought about fast passes or anything like that. My 2 aims for MK were BOG, Space Mountain and the 7 dwarfs. We are planning on staying at MK from opening then we have the Halloween tickets for that night so hoping that gives us more than enough time to fit as much in as possible x
Old 23 Jun 17, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

We always go over our limit and pay OOP for some. We sometimes have breakfasts and dinners booked. Sometimes an early lunch/or late breakfast and dinner. But not everyday. We actually make our plans around where we want to eat lol

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Our 2017 return DCL / BC / Universal HRH Vlogs
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List