Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 23 Jun 17, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Rosemck
Getting Excited

Mobile

Yeah I'd say that is definitely too much food.. And time, Tb meals are time consuming! and the ddp is alot of food! On our first trip I considered upgrading to the deluxe, so glad I didn't 😰
Rosemck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
WeeVix
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by DisneyBride08 View Post
We always go over our limit and pay OOP for some. We sometimes have breakfasts and dinners booked. Sometimes an early lunch/or late breakfast and dinner. But not everyday. We actually make our plans around where we want to eat lol
The food sounds amazing, I'm trying not to let my belly rule my head but that's easier said that done especially seeing all the pictures people put up!

I'm going to need new clothes by the time I get home, if the pictures and reviews are anything to go by! x
WeeVix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi to get any real advice let us see your list and then we all can give good advice. Hi for your wedding anniversary maybe a signature restaurant in the evening. Narcoosses at hone grand Floridian and then watch fireworks from decking outside
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ChesterDraws
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

It does sound very tight and you run the risk of having to go straight from one meal to the second that day. Table service meals at Disney can easily take 2 hours, even if you're trying to hurry, and BOG quick service meals can take that long too because of the faff of having to queue to check in, then queue to order, or even having to queue to pay if you've pre-ordered. Then you find a seat, collect your cutlery, collect your drinks and condiments, wait for your food to arrive, eat, then look around the restaurant, take some pics, use the loo etc. The time just goes. Nothing at Disney is as simple as just turning up and eating then leaving, because every meal is an experience, and we all want to drink it in rather than wasting it.

Your 8.25 meal could see you out of there by 10.25 (optimistically), which leaves less than an hour to enjoy the park before making your way to your lunch at 11.25. Character meals take ages because as well as choosing your food and eating, you're interacting with characters and trying to time food choosing/collecting around character visits. Also, despite having ADRs it's rare to be seated straight away upon arrival at any TS meal. Usually there's a wait, sometimes it can be 15-30 minutes.

Say you're out of your lunch by 1.25, that leaves less than 6 hours to spend in the park, which is fine if you have other Magic Kingdom days planned to see the rest of the park, but you probably won't be hungry enough to do any more than pick at a further meal. Also, if you have Halloween party tickets that night, then you'll be missing two hours of the 5 hour party, and there really is so much to do/see at MNSSHP that it would be a shame. I use up every bit of those 5 hours watching the parade (so good you'll want to watch both parades), Hallowishes (the amazing fireworks show), the show on the castle stage, the meet and greets with characters in their special Halloween outfits, rare characters like Jack Skellington and Sally (who are only out at MNSSHP), collecting candy at the trick or treat stations, the dance parties, seeing the decorations, experiencing the rides and attractions all done up for Halloween...

I would remove the breakfast and keep the lunch but try to change the time to a bit earlier so it's a late breakfast. I'd then try to alter the time of your BoG to bring it forward to before the Halloween paryt starts - maybe 5ish. If all the slots have gone now, keep trying on MDE, as slots open up nearer the time as people start cancelling/changing their reservations in the run up to their own trips. Or you can call them, explain that it's your anniversary to see if that helps. If no joy there then try going to guest relations in the park, or the restaurant itself the morning of your ADR to see what they can do.

In general though you were sensible to choose restaurants in the park you are visiting that day because getting to ADRs in other parks and resorts can take ages too, especially when using Disney transport. Disney advise leaving 1.5 hours now to travel to ADRs, and it never used to take that long but it certainly does now.

One quick service meal each (or to share sometimes as they can be huge) and one TS meal each is usually plenty of food for us per day, especially in the Florida heat, but even this leaves little room for snacks and we end up with many surplus quick service and snack credits to use up at the end of the trip. I think the trick is to space meals out and base them around where you plan to be that day. You're on the right track making ADRs for parks you plan to be in, but I wouldn't plan on having more than 2 meals per day as it takes up too much time (ADR meals do anyway) and it's too much food.

Definitely tell the CM when you check in to your hotel that you're celebrating your anniversary, definitely ask for buttons to show that you're celebrating your anniversary if you're not given some, definitely wear those buttons every day of your trip and definitely mention it when making ADRs if you do it on the phone, or when checking in to the restaurants each time. And have a great time!
ChesterDraws is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 17, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post

We used two TS in one day a number of times, but it would be breakfast and dinner and lunch would be a pretzel or something.

I think the plan BOG-CP-BOG plan is too much for one day. I would probably drop the breakfast BOG and have a breakfast CP instead.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 17, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
We've done two TS meals in one day a few times, but that would be a breakfast, no lunch at all, and then dinner.

There was one day I booked Sci-Fi for lunch and 50's Prime Time for dinner, but we had a light lunch (just a Reuben sandwich with fries and a drink) - we wanted the experience of having eaten there - and paid OOP.

We have never taken as long as 2 hours for a TS meal, and we don't rush our food, either. BoG breakfast you can expect to be in there for an hour: again, we don't gobble. I think 2 hours would be pushing it!

All that said, there is no WAY I would want lunch 2 hours after eating breakfast! Savour your breakfast and dinner, and save CP lunch for another day when you'll appreciate it.
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd

Edited at 01:03 PM.
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 17, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
LaughingPlace
slightly serious Dibber

LaughingPlace's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
you can never be too prepared, just remember to cancel early if necessary
LaughingPlace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List