Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 23 Jun 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
blodders
Apprentice Imagineer

Ba CW menu

Has anyone flown BA CW recently? What was the menu/food like?
blodders is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
There are 3 choices unless you have ordered a special diet meal. There's always British beef of some sort (we were in Canada - so it was Alberta beef on the way home), the second choice is usually a main course salad and the third choice is vegetarian. There are 3 choices of starter along with a side salad and two choices of cold dessert or cheese and biscuits. They also serve warm bread.

The second meal outbound transatlantic is afternoon tea with cake and sandwiches, sadly no scone, and the second meal inbound is breakfast with fruit, cereal, hot roll eg bacon, and pastries.

It is served course by course, though strangely on our recent return trip my dessert was on the tray with my starter, though take off was delayed an hour and most folk wanted to eat quick and go to sleep, so that was fine. You can pre-order your main course in MMB on the ex UK flights but not on returns. We have been occasionally disappointed not to get our first choice though this depends how far you are back in the cabin as they take the order from the front.

Some routes (Boston is one, but not Vancouver or Montreal, not sure about Florida) let you dine in the Lounge on the ex North America Flight, allowing you to go straight to sleep on boarding. Our most recent flight had an express meal option which my DH had, and it was literally brought to his seat within a minute of him ordering it on the return flight. It was a one-tray meal with a salad, starter, main course (that was not elsewhere on the menu) and cheese.

Lastly they have a Club Kitchen where you can help yourself to crisps, cereal bars, fun-size sweets, drinks and wraps at any point during the flight.

You won't go hungry, but certainly other airlines have a better reputation for food. I've always found it fine though, perfectly adequate.
Old 23 Jun 17, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

You will be able to see the mains on your flight 30 days before departure in MMB.
You can select your main from that time too.
There are always 2 starters, 1 is usually a seafood dish, 2nd tends to be veggie/cheese based.
A side salad next.
4 mains, 1 is always beef fillet plus another meat/poultry dish plus a veggie dish (usually rice or pasta) plus a salad dish usually chicken, salmon or prawn.
1 dessert or the cheese plate.

Afternoon tea is finger sandwiches, 2 mini cakes & warm scones with jam & clotted cream.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

[QUOTE=Disney_time;12624754]
You can pre-order your main course in MMB on the ex UK flights but not on returns. We have been occasionally disappointed not to get our first choice though this depends how far you are back in the cabin as they take the order from the front.
.[/QUOT

Whilst they may take orders row by row, who gets their 1st choice etc is decided back in the galley once they see if more passengers have asked for a dish than they have loaded.
It is then decided by status, i.e., Golds are top of the list then silver etc.

On one of our flights, I heard the lady in front of me make her selection; it was also the dish I wanted; she was told she had the last one.
Then they came & asked me what I wanted; I said that I had been hoping for the chicken dish & they wrote it down.
A few minutes later, they returned to the lady in front to apologise that they were out of her first choice & to pick another; however they brought me my first choice.

Now that you can preselect your main outbound, it's good to do this as much better chance of getting what you want.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 17, 01:54 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
[QUOTE=scooby99;12624785]
Originally Posted by Disney_time View Post
You can pre-order your main course in MMB on the ex UK flights but not on returns. We have been occasionally disappointed not to get our first choice though this depends how far you are back in the cabin as they take the order from the front.
.[/QUOT

Whilst they may take orders row by row, who gets their 1st choice etc is decided back in the galley once they see if more passengers have asked for a dish than they have loaded.
It is then decided by status, i.e., Golds are top of the list then silver etc.

On one of our flights, I heard the lady in front of me make her selection; it was also the dish I wanted; she was told she had the last one.
Then they came & asked me what I wanted; I said that I had been hoping for the chicken dish & they wrote it down.
A few minutes later, they returned to the lady in front to apologise that they were out of her first choice & to pick another; however they brought me my first choice.

Now that you can preselect your main outbound, it's good to do this as much better chance of getting what you want.
Would also agree with this approach, as BA are supposed to alocate according to status and
as Gold/Silver/Bronze would in theory get first choice in the cabin, after everyone has selected. As some of the better seats are in the last row, any status passengers in these seats could trump your selection, so preordering is a good option.
fredflintstone is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List