Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 9 Nov 12, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
langside
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 54
QSDP, Out of pocket sit downs, Cocktails and Food and Wine festival treats OCT 2012

This is a tale of two best friends having one last holiday to remember before they are separated due to university…… this is what we said about our 2011 trip and we’ll probably say the same in 2013

Warning this may take a while to develop, it will be in no particular order and the pictures won’t win any awards but hopefully some of you will find this report useful and interesting as The Dibb has helped me so much

E & Y xxx
langside is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 12, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
langside
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Post 1: QSDP AT THE TANGIERINE CAFÉ IN MORROCCO AT EPCOT

Post 1: QSDP AT THE TANGIERINE CAFÉ IN MORROCCO AT EPCOT

We decided on this day to have something a little different from the Burger and chips we’d had earlier that day. The food is prepared right in front of you and they had showcase meals on display to give you a better idea of what the meal looks like in real life which is always good. The café also has lots of seating- when we went there it was very quiet so we got a great seat at the front near to windows/ doors which allowed us to people watch without feeling like people were looking at us eating.
I went for the Chicken and lamb Shawarma Platter. It was served with side of Hummus (which I‘m not a fan of), Tabouleh and a lovely citrus Couscous Salad with fresh Moroccan bread (Pita bread). I found the chicken a little bland so next time I’d go for the lamb only platter.

Y went for the Speciality Wraps which looked far better in presentation and were filled full to the brim and could have easily fed us both with extra to spare!

Neither of us managed to eat the full meal in fact my plate looked rather full when I threw it away yet I’d eaten loads.

Both meals came with Baklava for desert which we ended up wrapping up and putting in our bags for later and soft drinks.

We really enjoyed our meal here- you get a lot and its really tasty and filling and very different from anywhere else on site in Disney.
langside is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 12, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
langside
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Post 2: COCKTAILS AT LA CAVA DEL TEQUILA

Post 2: COCKTAILS AT LA CAVA DEL TEQUILA

Before going I’d read lots of reports about the cocktails at La Cava Del Tequila and how they offer better quality/ value than the margaritas from the outside stand in Mexico so I put it on my must do list

I’d heard so many good reports about the avocado margarita that I opted for that (drink on the right in the pic). I realised just how popular it was when queuing and nearly everyone in front ordered at least one of these!
However, I think I’m the only person who isn’t a fan I personally found it far too creamy/ thick and I only managed half the glass

Y being a hot head opted for the jalapeno margarita- just to say to her BF that she’s had one!
And must say it wasn’t half bad although I was told when you had sip which included a seed it was very very, very HOT

But I agree with previous reviews that these cocktails are great value- made in front of you rather than from a frozen machine. The only downside is the venue doesn’t offer any seating but all drinks are served in plastic glasses so you can move around. We found benches inside the Mexico pavilion and there’s plenty of places outside in Epcot to sit & enjoy your drink so don’t let that put you off!
Old 9 Nov 12, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
great start, can't wait to read more!

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 12, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
langside
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Post 3: QSDP at ARTIST’S PALETTE AT SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT

Post 3: QSDP at ARTIST’S PALETTE AT SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT

Seems we were staying at Saratoga we decided to walk over the bridge from Congress Park on one of our lazy/ relaxed days to The Springs where Artist Palette is for a late lunch/ early tea.

I had the toga wrap which was basically a Turkey, bacon and salad wrap with ready salted crisps.

This was again another case of the picture not doing the sheer size of this meal justice!

The crisps were warm and the turkey was not sparse!

I had one of these wraps and some chips and I was totally full, luckily they come in take away boxes so I just took it back to the room and had t for supper.

I also got a bottle of coke with the meal - which I ended up taking to one of the parks one day as I’d also taken my refillable mug to Artists palette so used that.

For desert I opted for a red velvet cup cake and it was lovely and moist.

Y went for a buffalo, brie and grilled vegetable flatbread. Y rated this meal as one of her favourites despite it not looking much it was really filling and full of flavour and once again very big!

Again a bottle was got but for desert she went for custard tart……huge mistake!

Cupcake at the front the dreaded tart behind!

This was seriously the worst desert we have found in Disney!

Avoid at all costs!

Luckily though we had plenty of credits so a substitute was bought in the form of a Jack Skeleton Cookie.

Over all a great experience and on reflexion I wish we had gone there again one day.
They had drawing boards for the children and the food was cooked to order and brought over to us when done.

Edited at 09:14 PM.
Old 15 Nov 12, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue Kangaroo
Very Serious Dibber

That Brie flatbread looked good.

Shame about the custard thing. What was wrong with it?

Looking forward to more.
ASMu - Mar 2003 POFQ & CSR - May/Jun 2005 SSR - Aug/Sep 2008, Nov 2011, Apr 2013 and Aug 2015 POR - Nov 2009 GF Club Level for one night only Aug 2015 AoA - Aug 2016, Aug 2017 AKL - May/Jun 2018 BC and WL Aug 2022
Blue Kangaroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 12, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
langside
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Blue Kangaroo View Post
That Brie flatbread looked good.

Shame about the custard thing. What was wrong with it?

Looking forward to more.
thank you

The custard tart smelt horrific (think off milk/ sweaty feet), was grainy (sugar) and far too sweet just don't do it if you can avoid it!
Old 15 Nov 12, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
langside
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Post 4: Wolfgang puck express at downtown disney marketplace

POST 4: WOLFGANG PUCK EXPRESS AT DOWNTOWN DISNEY MARKETPLACE

Now this place seems to top all of the best QSDP location lists so it was a must do this trip! We went to the one placed near the Market place after doing a bit of shopping.

It really is a nice touch to have QSDP meals on proper china plates and to have the meals brought to you.
The waiters introduced themselves and said if we needed anything let them know. They did check in to see if everything was ok and to offer us sauces/ refills when our glasses were half full but by the time they were empty they were so busy we just got up and got our own refills but that didn’t bother us.

Y went for the spaghetti and meatballs. When they came we thought they’d be too meaty with there only being two large meat balls on the plate- we were expecting 5/6 much smaller ones. But we were pleasantly surprised. The meat was moist and there was plenty of sauce. The waiter also brought a pot of parmesan cheese that was left to our table (although I must admit I’m a parmesan lover so most of it was eaten straight from the bowl & Y’s meal never saw much!) .

I went for the Meatloaf. Now I’d read so many amazing reports about this so I was really looking forward to it as I love meatloaf…..and I must say it didn’t disappoint!

The fried onions were to die for - I could have eaten a plate of these alone!
There was plenty of mash and the sauce is beautiful. And the meatloaf tender and tasty!
If the restaurant wasn’t busy I would have licked the plate it was that good!

We were both absolutely stuffed with our mains so we just both got the standard brownies to go and took them back to our hotel rooms for breakfast the next day.

Over all Wolfgang Puck Express lived up to its expectations and to be honest we could have both eaten their everyday as everything we saw looked really good.

The value is exceptional for those on the QSDP too so please don’t leave it out, you won’t be disappointed!
Old 15 Nov 12, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Fab reviews!

I'm a big fan of WPE, and the meatloaf is my absolute favourite
Old 16 Nov 12, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Jojo
Imagineer

Jojo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4