Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 19 Jun 13, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
langside
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 54
Now I know I'm returning...

I finally feel like I can return to writing this now I know I'll be back at the mouse (anyone else had this problem )

So the diary & notes are back out.

It may be a little late but hopefully it will still prove useful to someone and it will get me in the Disney food mood too
langside is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 13, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
langside
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Post 5: Quick service lunch at sunshine seasons epcot

So first up was a lunch at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot, located in The Land near Soarin'

First impressions of this place is the variety is really refreshing for QSDP a mixture of Traditional and Asian cuisine and the desert selection is really really good here!

Both of us went for Asian today.

Y got the Mongolian Beef with vegetables and plain fried rice although there was an option to get vegetable fried rice (you can see a little bit that got transferred via the scoop on the top of the dish's rim), mash or chips if you wanted. Over all we were impressed with how much meat you got in this dish. Y expected it to be a little spicier but said it had plenty of flavor non the less

For desert she picked the Key Lime Pie as this was the first place she'd spotted it. Personally she was a little disappointed with it and felt like it was a miss-match between a key lime pie and a lemon meringue pie with the base being far too doughy for her liking.

I went for the sweet and sour chicken which was really nice and i certainly got plenty of rice to go with it I also had to get the chopsticks (I know I suck at them but you have to try )

I then couldn't resist the look of the chocolate moose cake and it certainly didn't disappoint - it was big but the moose prevented it from sitting too heavy on the stomach

Overall We'd definitely go back to Sunshine seasons. The tables were being cleaned regularly which was good to see as it was busy and the choice was really good and different from the norm
langside is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 13, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
langside
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Post 6: Cocktails at paradiso 37

Originally tonight we were aiming to go to Raglan Road but when we walked past we saw it was really busy and there were no seats at the bars inside, out or even at the hole in the wall so we continued on along the path at downtown disney.

As we walked past Paradiso we could hear the music player in their outdoor area and the bar there was busy, however, we could see that there were some stools inside free.

The floor to ceiling tequila bottles here are amazing to look at although on personal not I know they'd be deadly

Our server Jose was lovely and recommended some drinks for us to try

I went for the mangled margarita (basically two frozen alcohol mixers mixed together in a artistic way) which Jose said was the main drink that people came in to try.

It was lovely and rather big but in the end i ordered a second

Y went for crazy mama which was rum, tequila, pineapple, orange & lemonade with a extra shot of one of the special tequilas (my notes say BLUE! in bold like that but I have no idea what that means now )

And again it was a hit so a second was ordered.

Personally if we went back we'd try and get outside with the music as it was lacking a bit of atmosphere indoors but we were lucky that we met a lovely group of cast members that night which kept us entertained and probably led to us ordering our second drinks.

The food here also looked really tempting so we may have to return using that excuse
Old 19 Jun 13, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
emwratten
Imagineer

Loving this thread, thank you.
emwratten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 13, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
langside
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Post 7: Abc commissary hollywood studios

So we decided that today we needed some grease (well we'd just done American Idol and sang Grease Lightening )

ABC Commissary was close by so we thought we'd try there. The restaurant has lots of indoor seating with air con which was a life saver on a day like today. Only problem was everyone else had the same idea so it was very busy and all paying stations had ques but the servers seemed on top of things and the food didn't take too long after you'd ordered to arrive

Both of us ordered 1/3 lb Angus Cheeseburger and Fried Shrimp with chips and they were HUGE! even the gherkins were super sized

For desert i went for the trusted chocolate mouse - pretty standard

Y went for the Holiday carrot cake muffin. ABC was the only place we found that served this as part of a meal (we'd seen them in MK bakery & staring rolls though) so she thought it would be a change
It was big but made you very thirsty and we ended up leaving half of it! But it was very disney

I love the theme of the restaurant here with lots of snippets of ABC shows like modern family and Once upon a time being shown on the TV screens.

Its not on our must do's list to revisit but its a good spot if you want to avoid the heat and we'd go back if we were in the area & hungry (personally i think HS is one of the worst for QS places)

We'd also probably only order one meal between two people if we went again as the portion are huge even for disney standards!
Old 20 Jun 13, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
langside
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Post 8: Paying out of pocket for fulton's crab house

Originally we hadn't planned to dine here but the temptation from our room view was too much especially at night when it looked fantastic!

We managed to get an ADR easily the day before for 8pm.
When we arrived it seemed busy inside we were given a buzzer and told there might be a wait so we walked towards two seats- our bums didn't even touch down before it went off so we couldn't complain.

We were taken upstairs to the back restaurant. We had a table right next to the window that looked over towards SSR which was great as we got the opposite view from our room

Whilst we picked out from the menu we got given some bread, butter, sesame crackers and dip.
I'd fallen for this con before (tasting the yummy bread and filling up on it before you meal comes) so kept clear away from it, Y though said it was lovely especially as the bread was still warm. I did dry the crackers but both of us didn't care for them!

I decided to have a white sangria whilst i continued to choose my food- it was nice but i don't think I'd have it again as it seemed like the ice and berry's out numbered the drink far too much

For starters I went for the crab cakes... there was two of them and they were HUGE they came on a sweetcorn like risotto which was gorgeous too. I really really really enjoyed this but totally stuffed myself on them before my main

Y went for the calamari which she said was perfect I nicked one and can confirm they were yummy too

Now we've learnt that the portions in Disney & America are always huge and luckily we remembered this so asked our waiter if he minded just taking our starter order and then after we'd finished taking our main order. He found it a little strange but did it no problem - really glad we did this as originally we were planning on having the famous ultimate crab and lobster experience but we were already rather stuffed so we luckily saved our selves a few $$$ and prevented wasting lovely food

We both ended up going for the roasted chicken and tomato pasta which although seems a shame considering how amazing the seafood is meant to be here we just didn't see the point seems we were stuffed!
The pasta though was really nice and tasty (surprisingly so) and proved a great alternative

We've both joked that we would return here just for the crab cakes but next time I think we'd need to starve ourselves before going
Old 20 Jun 13, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
great updates, keep em coming!

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 13, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
langside
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Post 9: A dibb must do snack... dole whips at aloha isle at mk

Well it has to be done... introducing the infamous dole whips!

Nomnomnomnom

Both of us went for the floats I got the one with pineapple ice cream Y got the one with vanilla both lush and perfect on a hot day

We were lucky that we got a table just around the corner under the shade too so managed a bit of people watching whilst enjoying this snack credit favorite
Old 20 Jun 13, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
langside
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Hannikins View Post
great updates, keep em coming!
can you tell I'm off work, bored and obsessing about Disney
Old 20 Jun 13, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
I'm on my lunch hour writing day 5 of my trippie, you're right it's hard when you're not returning :*(

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List