Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 29 Jan 15, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post

I can not wait for this Breakfast!
Staying at AKL in September, can't come quick enough!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 15, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great report so far. Can't wait to read more, a few on your list that I have ADRs for
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 15, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Man... I really need to finish this tr before the items I eat will all dissapear from the menu... here we go again!

The Hollywood Brown Derby Dinner.

Since we had a not so healthy option at lunch this day at the studio's we had planned something more sophisticated for the evening. The place to go for that is The Hollywood Brown Derby! Love how this restaurant is an replica of the real thing.

The inside of this building is sort of crowded but in a cozy kind of way. There is an unique vibe in this restaurant. It's sort of unique and I can't really put my vinger on it... Everywhere there are touches of the golden age of Hollywood. Fits the feel of the restaurant perfect.

Let's start of with some drinks! There are a lot of flight to choose from at this restaurant and we both picked one. I took the champagne flight and my other half the white wine flight. I must say good value for money, all drinks where dilicious!

We where also offered a basket of bread, nothing special but nice and warm!

The appetizers came. I had to order the famous cobb salad and it was very tasty. There is something about perfect chopped salad that makes it just perfect. Tossed at the table!

And the Portsmouth lobster bisque that was just perfect. Silky smooth and very well seasoned. We like it a bit salty tho.

Then the maincourses... we took the Pork Chop with smoked gouda and it was superb! That was the favourite of this meal. The way they did the vegetabled... yum yum!

The filet of beef was delicious too but there are so many great filet dishes on property this was not special enough to stand out of the rest. Very nice tho and that cabernet and shallot butter on top is really nice!

And then this happened... Martini flight! Must have. Very tasty!

We both choose the same dessert wich was nice but not overly special. The Banana white chocolate tower.

We really liked the brown derby but somehow it didn't wow us. Maybe it's the theme... we don't know. They get a A+ for drinks tho! Great restaurant if you want to dine at the studio's but I think one time was enough for us. On the other hand when paying out of pocket it is reasonable priced!

Cost:
- World Traveler Flight $12. (not on the dining plan)
- Champagne Flight $15. (not on the dining plan)
- Citizens of Hollywood - Martini flight of the stars $11.25 (not on the dining plan)
- Portsmouth lobster bisque $11.
- Cobb salad $9.
- Filet of beef with red wine reducten $43.
- Pork chop with smoked gouda $33.
- 2x Banana white chocolat toffee tower a $9.
Total + Tax = $152.35
or
4 Table service points.

Edited at 09:56 PM.
Old 2 Sep 15, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Tony's Town Square Lunch.

Back to the Magic Kingdom for an early lunch. Tony's town square is on the menu. I did not have high expectations for this restaurant. Reviews seems to go from really bad to ok to nice so I will let this one surprise me. I love Lady and the Vegabond so I had to include it in my list.

The restaurant looks lovely on the outside. Not particulair Italian but it fit's on beautifully with the rest of main street. The signs is the only noticable thing that let's you know it's located here. We checked in and waited in the buiding wich is the same as the Town Square exposition hall.

I love the restaurant! It's kind of classic with the checkered floor and the wood all over and that fountain is gorgeous! The centerpiece of the whole place. The Lady and Vegabond touched are perfect. Not overwhelming, it still remains a gorgeous restaurant.

It was very quiet around noon today. Nice and relaxing beginning of a day at Magic Kingdom.

Since it was a bit early I wanted to start with something light so I choose the Ceasar Salad and it was very nice! It was simple but big, fresh and the croutons where very nice.

My boyfriend went for fry food all the way for breakfast. Oh well we are on vacation so it's allowed. He went for the calamari wich was huge! It could easily be a sharer. It was ok, nothing special but he did not like that there was so much olive relish on top. It made them a bit soggy.

For my main I had to choose a pasta of course since i'm a pasta-holic . I went for the Shrimp Scampi and it was nice. Again not something special and I must say it is a bit overpriced for me. The shrimps where nice and plumpb and there where many of them. The pasta reminded me more of a noodle we eat here at the chinese than of linguine but that might be a different between Europe and the USA? I don't know. Overal it was fresh and tasty but did not tasted authentic Italian for me. Price it down like $3 and it was great!

The boyfriend went for the Chicken Bianca Pizza wich I believe is off menu now. He thought it was nice and tasty! He was sad that it did not have tomato sauce as an base, can you still call it a pizza then? Anyway... tasty chicken flatbread! Nice crust and huge again! If you are a small eater it could easily feed two with both an appetizer and dessert. We where on the dining plan so bring out all the courses please. It was all nice and tasty but again not authentic Italian.

Dessert! Boyfriend went for the Pistachio creme brulee. It was nice but could have had a bit of more pistachio flavour.

Chocolat cake for me wich was very nice! Just perfect standaard chocolat cake for a nice price. The piece was huge as well!

Overal we had a very nice lunch here! Big seems to be the standard here. Don't come here if you are looking for classic Italian authentic cuisine but the dishes are tasty. Some things might be a bit overprices in my opinion but when on the dining plan I would say yes! Desserts are very niced priced.

Cost:
- 2x Sprite $5.98
- Ceasar Salad $7.99
- Calamari $11.99
- Shrimp scampi $20.99
- Chicken Bianca Pizza $15.99
- Pistachio Creme Brulee $5.99
- Chocolat Cake $5.99
Total+Tax = $79.42
or
2 Table Service Points.
Old 9 Sep 15, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Great review of Tony's... I've always wanted to try it but have been put off by the reviews... looks tasty to me