Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 24 Jul 14, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Day 13
After our mammoth session in the parks yesterday we had a well-deserved long lie.

We had a late night in magic Kingdom planned and the dessert party.
I thought we might be missing the monorail resorts this year so I booked lunch at the Grand Floridian Café, we loved breakfast here last year, just me and dh as ds did the pirate cruise here last time. We got the bus to Magic Kingdom and the boat to GF. It is such a lovely resort.

The GF café was reasonably quiet so we were seated straight away. Our server was lovely. I had the GF Burger, I cannot stress how FABULOUS this was. It had lobster, caramelized onion relish and rocket on it. Our server said it was the best burger he had ever had and I had to agree.

Dh had the shrimp pasta, it was creamy so not for me, he loved it as well.

Ds had the meaty macaroni pasta topped with cheese, he was moaning there was nothing good on the children’s menu (nonsense), and he loved his pasta as well.

For dessert we had the platter to share, this was very good. The description was this, includes Fresh berry tart, boston cream pie, key lime tart, lemon cheesecake. It was more than enough for the 3 of us and it was very good.

When we came out it was stormy so sat chatting to the dvc people for a bit, the thought of that is very tempting. Eventually the rain eased a bit so we got the monorail over to magic kingdom.

Later we decided we should have some savoury food around tea time and made the not the best decision to go to Friar Nook. Man, we experienced the slowest most unhelpful cast member in the history of the world there, no kidding I waited over 20 minutes to order and I was 3rd in line . I ordered meals and asked for bottles of water rather than dessert, no, not possible you can only have meals if you take the pudding, I don’t want the pudding… eventually a supervisor came over pressed a button on the till and told him I was right and could have water.

I had a plain hotdog, ds had the mac and chesse hotdog and dh had the mac and cheese burger, nothing outstanding but it filled a hole. Think I would find somewhere else next time though.

The dessert party, worth it for the view and experience. They had the jungle juice from Tusker House so that was good and there was a lot of choice of desserts. I’m not all that sure what anything was but there were chocolate things filled with banana cream, dried banana on top, they were good, as were the chocolate covered strawberries and the little tub of orange cream or mousse with the segments on top. Ds had some ice cream and there was a lovely selection of fresh fruit.

We stayed and watched the later castle show and electrical parade and rode thunder mountain 3 times in a row just before the park closed at midnight. It was fab!
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 14, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Great report! Whenever I see pics of the meatloaf at wpe, I say to dh oh look at this it looks so sotasty, he must get tired of it! Never been but its on my must do list, it looks awesome..

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 14, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

More fabulous food, we have mama Melrose booked for fantasmic dining, can't wait

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 14, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes, agree that you must be quick when taking pics of food lol I take pics of our food in UK restaurants so luckily my family are used to it - have to beat them to it before they take a bite and in case I get funny looks from another diner

Love your food report, they are my fav. We are doing Mama Melrose Fantasmic! package and it's lovely to see you enjoyed it. Really looking forward to going now. We are also doing the GF Cafe and your food looks delish. May have to revise my choice as that burger could be The One haha.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 14, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
Great report! Whenever I see pics of the meatloaf at wpe, I say to dh oh look at this it looks so sotasty, he must get tired of it! Never been but its on my must do list, it looks awesome..
I had hoped to do breakfast. The cornflake French toast had my name on it but I happily settled for the meatloaf.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 14, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by smedley View Post
More fabulous food, we have mama Melrose booked for fantasmic dining, can't wait
We really enjoyed it and I liked that you got a starter. The calamari was very good. I would like the dining plan even more if it was a starter or a pudding.
Old 24 Jul 14, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by It Is Time View Post
Yes, agree that you must be quick when taking pics of food lol I take pics of our food in UK restaurants so luckily my family are used to it - have to beat them to it before they take a bite and in case I get funny looks from another diner

Love your food report, they are my fav. We are doing Mama Melrose Fantasmic! package and it's lovely to see you enjoyed it. Really looking forward to going now. We are also doing the GF Cafe and your food looks delish. May have to revise my choice as that burger could be The One haha.
You are right they do get used to it!

The burger at GF cafe could definitely be the one, I would have swapped DH for another one of them
Old 24 Jul 14, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Loving the report, and its getting me in the mood for the YC in September. You've reported on lots of our favourites, particularly Flying Fish where we eat every time
Apart from food, do you have any room recommendations? We usually stay at BC so don't know the ones at YC?
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 14, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
clarithy
Very Serious Dibber

can't wait to try the GFC burger! it's out first table service meal booked for our first full day!

iv read a few reports recentlyand everyone has agreed with you.

Great report btw
clarithy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 14, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Loving the report, and its getting me in the mood for the YC in September. You've reported on lots of our favourites, particularly Flying Fish where we eat every time
Apart from food, do you have any room recommendations? We usually stay at BC so don't know the ones at YC?
Mrs BC we requested a high floor facing the lagoon side if possible. We had booked garden view but were upgraded to a water view, we were at the furthest end away from Epcot. It was great for the boardwalk, the boat dock and the quiet pool. It wasn't bad for stormalong bay either, the only thing was the refillable mugs. There were little entrances into the stairs at this end so you didn't have to go via reception. Our room numbers were 3007 and 3017, both had queen beds and day beds. Will post our view for you in a bit.