Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 4 Feb 15, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Thanks for coming back to update the report - hope to read more
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 15, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post
AdventurerJordi
Excited about Disney

No problem! Have plenty more to write about!
AdventurerJordi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 15, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Capt Wilko
Trying for More Ears

Glad you're back to finish this as got to love a good food report.

You've already posted some great photos of amazing food so looking forward to more of the same.
Old 20 Feb 15, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
AdventurerJordi
Excited about Disney

Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe

We stopped off at Cosmic Ray's for some quick dinner whilst we were at MNSSHP! We weren't hugely hungry at the time and we needed something quick to eat before getting ready for Hallowishes

We both went for the 1/3 lb Angus Bacon Cheeseburger and customized them at the toppings bar. Lisa went for an orange juice whilst I went for a vanilla iced coffee.

The burgers themselves were pretty good. Nothing amazing but then again it is Disney quick service. We did like the toppings bar though because you don't have to worry about getting things you don't like on your burger! I think I went for a lot of pickles with onions, ketchup and mustard. I'm somewhat of a burger purist

Not much else interesting to say about it really! Not sure if I really enjoyed the Cosmic Ray singing in the dining area but hey!

Meal Total - $21.40
AdventurerJordi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 15, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
AdventurerJordi
Excited about Disney

Denny's

If you haven't already noticed, we consider ourselves to be breakfast food enthusiasts. I myself have quite a crippling obsession with American breakfast foods it's my favourite meal of the day! If you cut me in half I practically bleed pancakes and maple syrup!

So it comes as no surprise to know that we love Denny's. A lot. It was the first place we went to eat breakfast on our first trip to Orlando and oh boy it didn't disappoint.

We both ended up getting the French Toast Slam, Lisa seems to have got hers topped with whipped cream which I don't quite remember happening but oh well! I must have been in a breakfast-induced trance! I'm sure many of you have eaten this before but for those poor souls that are yet to experience the wonder that is Denny's French Toast, then what are you waiting for!

It's thick, squishy, fried and topped with whipped butter. What more could you want? The Slams come with sausage, bacon and your choice of egg which is cool

Lisa went for an orange juice and I went for the vanilla iced coffee which was also delicious. One thing that I really love about not just Denny's, but all American restaurants, is the free refills of most drinks. It sounds silly but it's something I really miss in restaurants back home.

Meal Total - $25.83 + $5 tip
Old 21 Feb 15, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Ooh great updates. Haven't been to Dennys in ages, might have to give it a go next time I'm over there. Have you tried the french toast at Perkins, that stuff is good too
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 15, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
AdventurerJordi
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by disneyoli View Post
Ooh great updates. Haven't been to Dennys in ages, might have to give it a go next time I'm over there. Have you tried the french toast at Perkins, that stuff is good too
Yes you must! Ahh no haven't been to Perkins yet, will hopefully get a visit in when we're over in June
Old 21 Feb 15, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm that french toast looks delicious! Yet to experience Denny's... it's trying to find a way onto our list!
Old 21 Feb 15, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Wow all looks amazing - especially Bahama Breeze and the Tonga Toast!

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 15, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Denny's french toast looks amazing, hope I get to try it
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List