Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 25 Nov 14, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Great start, looking forward to the rest of it! Still haven't got round to doing trippie from summer as looking back over photos made me upset :/
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 14, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Great start. Always had a good breakfast at Perkins too. Look forward to seeing the rest
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 14, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Late lunch at Applebees

Thursday 13 November

Late lunch at Applebee's

We had planned for dinner at Red Lobster tonight but the day drifted away from us . We hadn't wanted lunch but by mid afternoon we were too hungry to wait for dinner so we ditched the plan ( totally rebellious, it's only day 1!) and decided on Applebee's. It's one of our favourites for food that is tasty , comes in quantity and thus far, always tastes great.

This one was Quiet , clearly the lull between lunch and dinner.

I had a strawberry lemonade $2.79 and Andy had a Shandy with Bud light and lemonade added $4.29

Andy had a nice light lunch of a full rack of ribs $18.99

I had the equally light build your own trio $14.99
Beef Sliders
Beer battered pretzel bread with cheddar cheese dip
Boneless honey BBQ wings with ranch dip

It didn't let us down . It was all completely delicious. I couldn't finish the bread and sliders but it was a great combo . Too full for dessert though. Sad face.

Total for meal including tip was $50

Edited at 06:46 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 14, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by musicem View Post
Great start, looking forward to the rest of it! Still haven't got round to doing trippie from summer as looking back over photos made me upset :/
Oh Em, that's sad hope you can get into a happy place with them xx

Originally Posted by disneyoli View Post
Great start. Always had a good breakfast at Perkins too. Look forward to seeing the rest
I had plans for so many breakfasts but we never quite managed it
Perkins tops our list , it was Andy's request to go back.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 14, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Carrot Cake cookie,Writers stop

I had got this the previous evening at the Osborne lights but had saved it for breakfast , it's blooming enormous and totally delicious. More like a sponge cake with delicious cream cheese frosting filling . Nom nom

Old 25 Nov 14, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Brunch at Hash House A GoGo

Friday 14 November

Brunch at Hash House a GoGo

Today we had been due to have lunch at the Grand Floridian cafe and then dinner at Tonys Town square as we would be at the MVMCP .

The timings were not great on the ADR though. Tonys has had increasingly poor reviews and we would have had a couple of hours to kill between GFC and the party entry time of 4 pm. So we cancelled both ( super rebellious that's the plan changed for two days in a row).

Instead we opted for a mega brunch and planned that we would maybe have hotdogs or similAr later at the pArty.

Loved the theme of the restaurant and it was quiet. We found the menu quite overwhelming as it was unlike any others we have seen before. Andy had lots of questions and the server was brilliant.

Andy chose the fried chicken with bacon waffles . $17.99

In hindsight he would have been better picking the one with mash and gravy as he isn't a big waffle fan and so found this a bit dry. The chicken was amazing though. Meal was enormous , would have easily fed two people ...

I was a complete wimp and went for the baby cheeseburger $10.99

We had 2 coffees for $5.98

Total bill before tip was $37.23

The food was delicious, so fresh and very flavoursome. Just the initial plateful was a bit overwhelming !

No surprises that Andy announced later as we were driving away that he felt sick he was so full .

We didn't eat again that day ... Still digesting lunch .
Old 25 Nov 14, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Lol Amanda! HHAGG is just unbelievable for portion size isn't it?!

Enjoying your tales of rebellion
Old 25 Nov 14, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Flower2603
Imagineer

Flower2603's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 24
Horray! Loving this already, never expected you to get anything started so soon, but thank you for doing so. Love that you've been taking photos of the restaurants outside too. Rhonda x x

August 2008 - All Star Sports/Tradewinds, St. Pete
Aug. 2010 - Beach Club/RPH Aug. 2012 - Beach Club!
August 2015 - RPH/POFQ
October 2017 - Newport Bay DLP August 2018 Tokyo Disney
Flower2603 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 14, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Lunch at 4Rivers Smokehouse, Winter Park

Saturday 15 November

Today was definitely a foodies day

We had a pleasant hour here

And could quite easily have grazed our way around all the stalls

As it was we restrained ourselves to Brie and caramelised onion empanadas (Andy) and a cream cheesecake cannoli ( me). I also sneaked In A taste of pumpkin cheesecake as well.

This cannoli, it was heavenly ...

We moved on to 4Rivers smokehouse. We missed it at first and almost gave up but turned back and were so pleased we persevered .

This place is amazing , a real man v food type of place.

It's certainly not elegant dining , the food is plopped onto your tray , it's like an adults school dinner set up !

The choices are vast , we had to stand back to study the menu , we must have looked like such newbie tourists umming and ahhing with our tongues hanging out!

As it was full of locals, I felt a bit out of place with a camera so just sneaked these when I was close to the counter

Andy went for prime rib dinner with 3 sides
Boston BBQ beans, mash, fries And somehow a biscuit sneaked in too. Bit low on carbs that meal I thought ...

Lol, so I went for the low carb trio of sliders (!) with two sides, fries and corn bread ...

I had chicken ( but meh actually) , burnt ends ( delish) and pulled pork ( omg delish)

The corn bread was quite dense and had a bit of a nip with peppers in it.

It was quite simply, amazing food. We couldn't finish it all. I only managed the pork slider and then just ditched the buns and ate the meat from the rest. I wasn't fussed with the chicken, the alternative was brisket, that might have been better.

They had a huge cake section too, we were Gobsmacked that people finished these enormous dinners and then went for desserts, we were about the only people not to get an ice cream or cupcake afterwards

We shared a large Sprite

The bill for this mountain of food ? An incredibly cheap $35 , outstanding value. Voluntary tip at the till as it's self service. I think we left $5

Phrase of the holiday appeared again as we drove away, yes it's " I've eaten so much I feel sick"

Food lovers... You MUST go here !

Edited at 11:13 PM.
Old 25 Nov 14, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Lol Amanda! HHAGG is just unbelievable for portion size isn't it?!

Enjoying your tales of rebellion
Lol I had these plans typed out meticulously for each day and I would get them out and put big crosses through them as we changed things.

Andy thought was hilarious. But it helped , we had lots of options and unless we have an idea of what we are doing we dither terribly and make bad choices , as they say, planning is everything, the plan is nothing !

It's a shame we didnt get back there to try the Sunday menu, ah well next time

Originally Posted by Flower2603 View Post
Horray! Loving this already, never expected you to get anything started so soon, but thank you for doing so. Love that you've been taking photos of the restaurants outside too. Rhonda x x
Hi Rhonda, thanks , I thought I would do this quickly, then do the highs and lows before getting into the trippy, which may take me a bit longer.
I didn't feel so bad with the food taking pics this time, no tutting teens in tow