Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 26 Nov 15, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

We ordered that brownie from dominos too - I loved it but it was so much bigger than any dominos desserts they do at home.
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 15, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Redriva
Imagineer

cant wait to read more.. especially the out of Orlando stuff as we are planning a road trip of some sort for 2018 :-)
Old 5 Dec 15, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
LozSteelers
Very Serious Dibber

Day 7

On to Pittsburgh now, only have a few photos as admittedly I was drunk most nights when I was here so some of the photos were either blurry or non-existent

First, McDonalds, boring I know but what's a USA trip without McDonalds hotcakes!?

Later in the day, Dunkin' Donuts was on the agenda, this was the Caramel Cheesecake Square Donut. Good but VERY sweet, actually remember feeling a little sick an hour later.

Hard Rock Cafe was the choice for the evening, in hindsight I should have photographed my friends' burgers. Anyway, I wasn't hungry so went for a cocktail flight. Tried Air Mexico, which was any 3 Margaritas. This was pricey at $16.99 but they were lovely.

I chose Wildberry, Pomegranate and Watermelon and they came with chips and salsa.

LozSteelers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 15, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
LozSteelers
Very Serious Dibber

Day 8

Another day, another McDonalds breakfast. Big breakfast with a small (yes, small!) orange juice.

Can't go to Pittsburgh without going to Primanti Bros. They serve HUGE sandwiches with fries, cheese and homemade slaw piled on them and they are a Pittsburgh tradition dating back to the 1930's. I believe they have been featured on Man vs Food in the past too. Anyway, this was SO GOOD. If anyone ever finds theirselves in Pittsburgh I urge you to try one.

I went for sweet sausage and a seasonal Sam Adams.

Nothing more for that day as I saved myself so I could defeat the sandwich
LozSteelers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 15, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

All looks great cant wait to read more
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 15, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Jewelsm
Proud to wear my Ears

Thank you for sharing you pics
Jewelsm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 15, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Great food report! Thanks for sharing

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 16, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
LozSteelers
Very Serious Dibber

Day 9

On to Cleveland, Ohio.
For some reason I only have a photo of Panda Express (again) from here. The portions were huge, I remember that much, bigger than in Florida for sure.
Double orange chicken again...

Old 3 Jan 16, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
LozSteelers
Very Serious Dibber

Day 10

Last stop, Chicago for two days. I couldn't wait to try Wildberry Pancakes that so many people had told me about. Went early because I'd heard how busy it gets. You eat overlooking the river at this location, was nice watching the sun come up.

Anyway...there is SO much choice here, I went for eggs over easy, sausage patties, american hash browns, sourdough toast with grape jelly and a grapefruit juice.

It's not cheap but it was so good.

Early evening we chose Giordanos as you can't do Chicago and not have deep dish. Tried to get into Lou Malnati's but it was full.

I had pepperoni stuffed pie, parmesan fries and dips and a lemonade. Pretty sure this only came to $8.99, so cheap!

Old 3 Jan 16, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
LozSteelers
Very Serious Dibber

Day 11

Last full day in the USA

Ended on a high, Cheesecake Factory on the Magnificent Mile. Was dining alone at this one so tried to be sensible ordering wise, haha.

Seasonal Sam Adams and bread service to start

Followed by a small plate of pretzel coated chicken skewers and dips

Finally, the mango key lime cheesecake

Meal was great and not *too* expensive, think it came to around $30 with tip but my beer alone was $8.