Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 13 Mar 16, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Thanks for reading everyone

I'll do an update in the next few days.
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 16, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerGirl
Very Serious Dibber

Love food reports!
TigerGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 16, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Great start, looking forward to the rest
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 16, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

New day added 17/03

Thanks for all of your replies

28th October-Universal and HHN

Next day was our first Horror Nights of the trip and again, i'm working with a few missing photos

Breakfast
We bought some little cereal pots in Walgreens so today I believe we both had Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Ate it around 7 before our shuttle to Universal.

It was good first thing in the morning, nothing too heavy.

We also had a Strawberry Acai refresher(around $5) from Starbucks for about $4 and this was around 9am I believe.

We really enjoyed a morning Starbucks for the remainder of the trip, as you'll see

Hotdog Hall of Fame

By 12:15 we had popped out to Citywalk as the rain was reallllyyyy bad. We spent a while dodging the rain and deciding on lunch. But we really liked HHOF the previous year and Arron was very happy to go here.

For drinks we had a Sprite and a Beer respectively(no prices online).

I had a Kansas City dog($9.99) which is all BBQ and coleslawy and delicious.

Drumroll please... Arron had the 2 foot hotdog($14.99). He had onions and chili on it and here is a photo to demonstrate the size.

He loved it and was very proud that he ate it all.

We liked it here, and the lady serving pointed out some undercover seating near Antojitos area which was really helpful, so we sat here until the rain subsided!

Bubba Gumps
We always intended to see Goosebumps in the afternoon, after the film we had some time to kill before HHN started.

We went mainly for drinks. I ordered a Peach Mango Lemonade.(around $11.49)

And Arron had a Coronarita.($14.99)

Afterwards I had Key Lime Pie($8.29) and Arron had an Apple Harvest lemonade(season special but around $12).

We always enjoy Bubba Gumps, we sat at the bar and the server was talking to us about HHN for ages, so was a good use of killing time.

Late night

No photos here, but I tried the speciality drink 'Jack'd up Carnage' which was absolutely vile

Arron always gets Whiskey and coke at HHN, no idea how many though!

Around 12:30am we went to Louie's pizza in Universal and Arron had a $7 slice of Supreme pizza. This became a regular pitstop too. Yum.

Edited at 02:26 PM.
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 16, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Next day time.

29th October-IDrive

So after Horror nights we were up at 8am today as we had only got back at 2:15am

Plan for today was have a wander to the Eye and chill a bit before heading back to HHN later.

Friendlys

We had decided already to go here today. It was really quiet when we arrived around 9:20.

Arron ordered a milk and I ordered a Strawberry milkshake.

Then we both had the Big Two-do breakfast. I had sunnyside up, bacon and pancakes whereas Arron had scrambled eggs, bacon and pancakes.

This was super yummy, but just so much food! I believe I left some pancake at least. It was a really good start to the day as we were unsure regarding meals later in the day yet.

Millers Alehouse

After doing the Eye, wandering to Pointe Orlando and chilling out we went to Millers around 1:30pm for a lunch/dinner.

I found Raspberry tea here and it was so good. A nice raspberry flavour, very refreshing and included on the free refill drinks.

Arron had 3 Margaritas. They were only $4 per glass in here and we couldn't fault it.

I did grab a Pineapple Mango Mojito which was delicious and very fruity(you'll see it in the photos).

We ordered medium Zingers as a starter, Arron ate most of them but they are very good and the right amount of spice on these.

Main wise there was so much choice! I eventually decided on the 35 fried Shrimp.

Jeez! There was alot of shrimp. I in no way finished this, I think I left about 5 of the shrimp in the end but with the batter it was a tad heavier than I anticipated

Arron ordered the Big Red which is their signature Chicken burger.

He really liked this. Millers definitely does chicken well and I think he might have made the better choice on this visit!

This was all our food for today. We went to HHN but left relatively early(about 11pm) so no late night snacks for us!
Old 18 Mar 16, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
That's the second picture I've seen of the Big Red in the last couple of days and I am dying for one now! Haha! x
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 16, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by debojahh View Post
Late night

No photos here, but I tried the speciality drink 'Jack'd up Carnage' which was absolutely vile
Great updates!

I'm glad we weren't the only ones that thought the HHN cocktail was disgusting. It tasted like spicy mouthwash! looked like it too.

We took a few sips and poured it in the bin which is unheard of as usually if it's a bit rank it's "just neck it" lol!

The previous years Dead Walker drink was lovely too.

Edited at 04:11 PM.
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 16, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
Great updates!

I'm glad we weren't the only ones that thought the HHN cocktail was disgusting. It tasted like spicy mouthwash! looked like it too.

We took a few sips and poured it in the bin which is unheard of as usually if it's a bit rank it's "just neck it" lol!

The previous years Dead Walker drink was lovely too.
Oh god it was just so awful. I thought i'd grin and bear it but had to admit defeat. I like cinnamon but the mix was just so vile.

I'm abit rubbish at HHN as I find most of the mixed drinks are too strong. Hoping this years drink is better! Or that I can get a Dead Walker or 2 instead!
Old 18 Mar 16, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
That's the second picture I've seen of the Big Red in the last couple of days and I am dying for one now! Haha! x
I am assuming you saw abiknox's report too? I just read it and the Big Red does always look really nice!

I think we are missing Millers in general unfortunately!
Old 22 Mar 16, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
It all looks so good, I can't wait for some more. x