Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 28 Apr 16, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Fat mickey
Earning More Ears

We don't need an excuse to go back do we? Food report **COMPLETED**

Easter 2016 - Food report - Travel to Manchester airport & Premier Inn

Please bear with me as this is my first attempt at this & I foolishly thought a food report would be nice & quick but didn't bank on the finding photos taking so long

Thursday 24th March
First holiday meal was a subway at Chorley services

Another pit stop closer to Manchester Airport for a Costa, drink & cakes I didn't remember the camera this time

Tea at Premier Inn Rungar Lane North in their Thyme restaurant
The Big Share Plate
They started this before I could get my camera out, they did get used to having to wait to start & even started taking there own photos if they were really impatient
DD2 - Spinach & Ricotta Lasagne

DD1- Full House Burger

DH - Smoky Full House Hotdog

Me - Battered Cod & Chips

This was really boring, tasted like something that came out of a Birds Eye box
Choc-O-Lot Delight Sundae to share

We thought we had better start trying to eat more food ready for america portions

1 pt of Becks
1/2 of Beck’s
2 pints of lemonade
£72.83

Not the best meal in the world but saved us having to go out again to find food.
Hopefully there will be more to follow, I've typed it all up but just need to upload the photos.

Edited at 09:03 PM. Reason: Title Change
Fat mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 16, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Grapesoda
Apprentice Imagineer

Great start, looking forward to more!

DLP Jan 2014 ~ Sante Fe
DLP Jan 2015 ~ Cheyenne
Pretrip report Here
Report in progress Here
Food Report ~ Here
Grapesoda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 16, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Now that Sundae looks good

Of course it was a necessity to acclimatise your stomachs for US food and I fully understand your reasoning

Looking forward to the rest of your report.
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 16, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Fish n chips looks bland.
But I'd give the sundae a good go!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 16, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Fat mickey
Earning More Ears

Friday 25th March Travel Day & arrival in Florida

Probably should have mentioned there were 4 of us travelling and this was our 4th time travelling as a family but mine & DH's 5th visit.
We love our food & had quite an extensive list of places to visit this time after lots of research on the DIBB

DH - 49
Me - 45
DD1 - 19
DD2 - 15 - very fussy doesn't really eat meat and doesn't eat much at a meal time likes to pick all day long if she had her way
The rest of us are pretty much up for trying anything.

Escape Lounge for breakfast, lots to choose from but we had bacon rolls cooked to order.

I think DD2 may have had a cake or two!
We helped ourselves to orange juice, apple juice & tea, too early in the morning for alcohol for us but there were plenty of people enjoying it

We got the lounge free through Holiday Extras I don't think we would have bothered if it wasn't free though.

Bought some water & a sandwich for dd2 for on the plane, she's quite fussy about her food so thought we would get her something just in case.
I think she ate it as soon as we got on the plane

Plane food - think it was sausage & mash or chicken curry
Millionaires shortbread
Cheese & crackers
Lily O’Brien chocolate

ice cream
afternoon tea - filled roll, scone with jam & cream
Cant seem to find any plane food pics

Five Guys for tea then into Walmart for some breakfast stuff
Five Guys was the first place to be ticked off our list of places to eat, it was ok nothing to get excited about though.
Perhaps we were just too tired to study the menu after travel day.

2 burgers with lettuce, mayo, tomato & onion $4.99 each
1 All The Way burger $6.79
Cajun Fries - $3.79
1 bottle of water - $2.09
3 regular drinks - $2.39 each

Total $31.63 with tax

Not a very exciting day for food but hopefully it will get better. Very impressed that I managed to find the receipt for five guys I don't know if that will be the case the whole way through but I do have piles of receipts to look through.
Fat mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 16, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Fat mickey
Earning More Ears

Saturday 26th March Discovery Cove

Breakfast at Discovery Cove
Variety of things to choose from

Throughout the day snacks of crisps & frozen drinks & ice creams
peanuts & fish crackers? A couple of alcoholic drinks as well I think I can remember.

Lunch
We don't seem to have taken any photos of lunch
But I do remember large bits of chocolate cake & strawberries.
DH had a pulled pork burger
Me & DD1 had a burger, fries & salad
Cant remember what DD2 had probably pizza & fries

Popped back for sandwiches & more cake before leaving for Epcot.
We were hoping to see The Village People at part of the Garden Rocks concerts & we had fast passes for test track but unfortunately the weather had other ideas as it hammered it down & we got stuck in the England shop for rather a long time listening to the thunder & watching the lightning eventually having to make a run for it when the rain eased a little.

Tea - NYPD pizza This was just round the corner from where we were staying so thought it would be nice & quick.

3 pizzas & garlic knots $28

Nice pizzas & garlic bread but the wait was very long to take your order & then an even longer wait for them to be cooked. The tables were all full inside too.
We didn't manage to eat it all that night so finished it off the next day.

Wow look at that I've done 2 days in one afternoon I must be on a roll can I manage another day? Animal Kingdom next.
Old 30 Apr 16, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Fat mickey
Earning More Ears

Thanks for reading, fortunately I made some better food choices in Florida!
Old 30 Apr 16, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Looking forward to more

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 16, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Fat mickey
Earning More Ears

Sunday 27th March
Breakfast at home - toast, croissants & muffins

Animal Kingdom
Ice cream break - Dole whip

Mickey sundaes for dh & dd2

Cookie sandwich for dd1

Bottle of water
$20

Lunch - Pizzafari Animal Kingdom

DD1 - mediterranean pizza

DD2 - pepperoni pizza

She was a bit hungry & got to the pizza before I remembered to take photo
Me & DH - bolognaise pasta

Large sprite & 3 cups of water
$51.39
It took ages to get our food & after several people had been served in front of us we attracted someones attention & they couldn't find our order! We thought we had seen it given to someone else so she got it sorted & then brought it over to us.

Tea - We were supposed to be eating at Sanaa but got some bad news from home that a close friend had died suddenly. We had checked in & were watching the animals waiting for our pager to go off when we got the news. We decided to cancel as we didnt feel right to be eating in the Disney environment, the manager was fantastic & said if we changed our mind later that evening or later in our holiday to ask for him & he would sort us a table out. Unfortunately we never did make it back so we are just going to have another florida holiday

Olive Garden on the way home so gave it a try, it was on our list.
Salad & breadsticks to start

3 diet cokes & a raspberry lemonade (free refills)
DD2 flatbread

Pot Pie Italiano Chicken Con Broccoli for DD1

Stuffed Chicken Marsala for DH. Must have been good he ate most of it before I could take a photo!

Pot Pie Italiano Nonnas Kitchen Sink for me

$70.09
Really enjoyed this meal with lovely staff & atmosphere. I think it was one on International Drive but I can't find the receipt to be sure.

Definately want to go back & must remember not to fill up on those breadsticks & salad but they were very yummy. The Pot Pies were very filling too.

Edited at 05:18 PM.
Old 30 Apr 16, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Ooooooo food! I'm in 👍🏼

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List