Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 31 May 16, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
tinker82
Serious Dibber

Mobile

We've decided to give it a miss, we are a family of 5 & its just far too expensive for what it is. We had a long weekend in DLP last Nov to experience all things christmassy for £545 (staying & Davy Crockett ranch with park tickets) & it would be almost the same price for one evening in Magic Kingdom!
tinker82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Redriva
Imagineer

we did MNSSHP last year, and are doing MVMCP on 22nd Dec this year ... the price is certainly eye watering (especially for that date! ) but I know this will be the only Christmas trip we will do so decided to just go for it ...

I do worry that my kids wont be so impressed though as there wont be loads of sweets to collect at this one and also worry about it being too busy still due to being the one closest to Christmas (only one we could do) but guess we'll make the most of it whatever
Old 31 May 16, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Kduke748
Helping Donald

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
For me it is all about the shows. Those who say they didn't get the value usually didn't see the shows.

We start with Totally Tomorrowland Christmas Show, then the second castle lighting show, then Celebrate the Magic and Holiday Wishes, then the second parade and then the castle show to finish.
We saw all of these shows last Christmas as part of our standard Disney tickets by going mid-late December. There were dates Holiday Wishes and the Christmas Parade was only available to people who went to the event but there were also days they were part of the standard day. The only thing we didn't get (as far as I can figure out) is the 'free' hot chocolate and cookies.

If you haven't yet booked your dates OP, worth checking out what dates Disney has these things on. Could get the full on Disney Christmas (which is amazing!) without spending the extra on the event.
Kduke748 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
thesorcerer
VIP Dibber

Did it 2014. Won't be doing it again, it was a crush, as was said, cookies if you could find them!

Save your money for other things!

Sunridge Woods, Davenport. 2010
Disney Wilderness Lodge Christmas 2014
Vista Cay Apartments 2014
Sunridge Woods... again. 2017
Singapore 2019 (Universal, Whoop, Whoop)
Disneyland Hotel DLP (CANCELLED)
"Ooo-oooo! Big summer celebratory blowout" 2022
thesorcerer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
I don't know when you're going but if you will be there after its finished they do most of the stuff from it in the day at no extra cost : parade, music,snow etc . I think you'd only miss out the free cookies and rare character meets so i'd skip it

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

We visited early December so it wasn't an option to see all the Christmas things at a later date.
We really enjoyed MVMCP, I absolutely loved the parade, the fireworks and the snow on Main Street! We also enjoyed the drinks and cookies. We thought the crowds were reasonable and we managed to get on loads of rides!
I probably wouldn't do it again as it is very expensive but I'm glad I've done it, and if you won't be visiting at that time of year again I'd say go for it!
Enchanted is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Crowds at MNSSHP and MVMCP? Where do dibbers find them all from? I've been to both events when they were sold out and while it was crowded around the hub most of the attractions were walk on from about 7-9pm. After that I did the later stage shows/parties/fireworks and Parades all without any particular issues or massive crowds. Last year at MVMCP I walked up to the cookies and coco three times and there was nobody there except the CM's - at a sold out event.

The other thing to remember is it doesn't matter whether you do the Christmas Party on the 7th November or the 22nd December - Disney sell exactly the same amount of tickets, a sold out event is a sold out event and there will be exactly the same amount of people in the park whenever it is sold out. Same goes for MNSSHP - go on Halloween night if you like - there won't be any more people in the park than there is for any sold out party.

OP - I enjoyed the Christmas party and we visited early December so I couldn't have seen the parade and fireworks any other time. The castle show was awesome too and I had a thoroughly good night. You could also try the Candlelight Processional at Epcot which is absolutely awesome - there is a reveiw in my Christmas trippie. That one is free if you are prepared to line up early enough - otherwise you can get a dining package which guarantees seats.

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

The three times I have been (16 Dec 2010 and 7 and 13 Nov 2014) were insanely crowded until late evening.

In Dec 2010 I was near the Hub for Holiday Wishes (Peter and I got separated in the crowd). Afterwards it was so crowded no-one could move. I tried to move and people were yelling and screaming, worried that their little ones would be stepped on. Someone even tried to hit me. It was scary!

Nevertheless we had an amazing time and the crowds do thin out after Wishes.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
mr&mrssmith
Excited about Disney

mr&mrssmith's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by adamtoonarmy View Post
Crowds at MNSSHP and MVMCP? Where do dibbers find them all from? I've been to both events when they were sold out and while it was crowded around the hub most of the attractions were walk on from about 7-9pm. After that I did the later stage shows/parties/fireworks and Parades all without any particular issues or massive crowds. Last year at MVMCP I walked up to the cookies and coco three times and there was nobody there except the CM's - at a sold out event.

The other thing to remember is it doesn't matter whether you do the Christmas Party on the 7th November or the 22nd December - Disney sell exactly the same amount of tickets, a sold out event is a sold out event and there will be exactly the same amount of people in the park whenever it is sold out. Same goes for MNSSHP - go on Halloween night if you like - there won't be any more people in the park than there is for any sold out party.

OP - I enjoyed the Christmas party and we visited early December so I couldn't have seen the parade and fireworks any other time. The castle show was awesome too and I had a thoroughly good night. You could also try the Candlelight Processional at Epcot which is absolutely awesome - there is a reveiw in my Christmas trippie. That one is free if you are prepared to line up early enough - otherwise you can get a dining package which guarantees seats.

Once again I forgot to add another "must do" into the intinerary! 😮 Really really need to see that candlelight processional! Thanks for reminding me I'll go look it up for those seats.

Everyone else, Thankyou! We go 25 Nov till 10th Dec. So not sure how "Christmassy" it will be anyway. Think this MVMCP takes both serious consideration and planning if it's on the agenda.

Hotel Louvre & DLP Halloween 2006 ~ Newport Bay 2007 ~ Disneyland Hotel 2011 ~ Hotel New York 2013 ~ Portaventura Theme Park 2014 ~ P&O Med & Canary Cruise 2015 ~ Disneys Beach Club WDW 2016 ~ Cotswolds 2017 ~ Royalton White Sands Jamaica 2018 ~
mr&mrssmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Don't forget to do all the gingerbread houses, sculptures etc at the resorts. Anyone can go and see those for free.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread