Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Jun 16, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by BONDY LAD View Post
Love this ride,extremely underrated,lots of twists and turns,very similar ( if you are old enough) to the "mouse" ride which I think was in Blackpool,for me,but who am I,a 7 year old will love it,as only short drops in comparison to Everest, bondy.
It is quite tame by "roller coaster" standards - a standard "wild mouse" with a spinning car. Tame compared to EE.

As for the "Wild Mouse" in Blackpool, nothing is further from the truth. The one in Blackpool is the "original Wild Mouse" and whilst the track layout is the same it is wooden and a third of the size. Think of doing 80mph on the motorway or 80mph around the town centre. It's extreme, painful, very scary and fantastic. Would never get built today as it probably wouldn't pass any safety standards. Ride it before it disappears
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 16, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Primeval Whirl is much tamer than Everest. The drops are much smaller and it doesn't go as fast. I love it.

However, PW's vehicles do spin during the latter half of the ride - so if you don't like spinning rides then this probably isn't for you.

Originally Posted by mick View Post
EE is very similar to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad in my opinion in terms of intensity and height of drops.

Oddly enough although I could ride BTMR all day I didn't really like EE - maybe the backwards bit disorientated things for me
I disagree with your first comment - EE is far more thrilling and intense than BTMR. Whereas I agree with your last comment - I love BTMR but the backwards bit of EE doesn't agree with me at all.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 16, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by misterh View Post
As for the "Wild Mouse" in Blackpool, nothing is further from the truth. The one in Blackpool is the "original Wild Mouse" and whilst the track layout is the same it is wooden and a third of the size. Think of doing 80mph on the motorway or 80mph around the town centre. It's extreme, painful, very scary and fantastic. Would never get built today as it probably wouldn't pass any safety standards. Ride it before it disappears
Going a bit off-topic but I'm surprised the Wild Mouse at Blackpool is still going. Didn't a vehicle come of the tracks resulting in the death of a rider many years ago? I seem to remember hearing about that back in the 80s. Or was that just an urban myth (I can't see anything online about it)?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 16, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
Its good, but its not in the same league as EE. EE is very smooth and well themed. PW is more jerky and if you suffer any neck or back issues stay away. Its good fun, but it does batter you.

From a childs point of view, well they live all rides!
Old 28 Jun 16, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
gspringe
Helping Minnie

Mobile

If you have ever been to Brighton Pier Primeval Whirl is similar to the mousetrap ride at the end of the pier x
gspringe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 16, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Steve.S
Imagineer

Steve.S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
its easy peasy,lots of spins a few up and downs,great family fun ,kids loved it
Steve.S is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 16, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

It's very jerky but there are no big drops at all so it's fine for me

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 16, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post

As said, PW polarizes opinion, I love it, DW hates it. We both love EE.

Others have described PW pretty well, but a word for the theming - it's superb. The whole area is meant to look like tourism has just arrived, so the locals have built attractions to help milk/entertain the tourists. PW is a boardwalk style ride (like Blackpool Pleasure Beach) but looks like it's made of old cars and bits of junk. Very clever, well worth getting close to.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 16, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread