Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 21 Oct 16, 01:21 AM  
Link to this Post
rscxox
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Mobile

Great start, you had some yummy food, i'm particulary drooling over the chilli cheese fries and nachos
POR, Cabana Bay & OKW - Aug/Sep 2017, Cabana Bay - January 2018, All-Star Sports - September 2018, POFQ & HRH Nov/Dec 2018, Yacht Club, Sapphire Falls, Miami and New York September 2019, Pop & AOA December 2021, POR & HRH September 2022, Pop Century May 2023, Disneyland California October 2023, COMING UP: Caribbean Beach May 2024
rscxox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 16, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Excellent start, I love a new food report! Food at NBC looks great, will need to try it when we stay at RPR next year.

Cant wait to do F&W next year and use up all our snack credits, but with 2 kids in tow there's not much chance of me sampling many drinks
Old 21 Oct 16, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Everything looks so good - loving all the cocktails too!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 16, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Great start. ESPN looks good.
Was that room service pizza you ordered at All Stars?
Yeah can't remember exact price but wasn't too bad, really good food too.

Originally Posted by rscxox View Post
Great start, you had some yummy food, i'm particulary drooling over the chilli cheese fries and nachos
Nachos were brilliant, OH isn't normally a big fan of pulled pork but loved it on them.

[QUOTE=2littleboys;12075598]Excellent start, I love a new food report! Food at NBC looks great, will need to try it when we stay at RPR next year.

Yeah, was first time at NBC but will definitely be back. Some of the food going past looked so good, they even have tables with air hockey/table football to play underneath.

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Everything looks so good - loving all the cocktails too!
Was good to get a try at all the cocktails, normally we just have the car so don't get to try them all
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 16, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
H_C-2017
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Love all those drinks at Epcot! I really want one of the grey goose slushes. fantastic start with the food report - I love seeing pictures of l food :p
H_C-2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 16, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Ooh, how was that poutine at NBC Grill?

I l-o-v-e good poutine, but sometimes outside Canada it's...

Thanks for reporting!
Old 25 Oct 16, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

Fantastic so far! Love your "drinking and snacking around world" pics as we are planning to do this on our next trip
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 16, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Day 7

Today we had a bit more relaxing day, used the early access to universal and got most the rides out the way before we had a bit of time by the pool. Got a couple of drinks at the pool bar that came with souvenir glasses.

We'd planned on going to Margaritaville for dinner so hadn't ate too much through the day to leave space, so imagine our reaction when we turned up to find it'd been hired out for the night! :angry::angry:

The outside bar was still open so we ate here instead. Shared the nachos, even with them not being as big as the main restaurant we still got defeated!

For drinks we had a banana daiquiri and a pint of Landshark lager first, and then I can't remember the name of these next to but neither of us was as keen as we'd hoped picking these.

Took a wander around Citywalk after dinner since it was first time we'd been here at night, ended up trying the drinks at Fat Tuesday. If you've never been here it's quick service frozen daiquiri stand, they have two in Citywalk. We went to the one at the top first, you can either have one flavour or mix as many as you'd like into your cup.

Day 8

Today we'd went to SeaWorld and then off to pick up the car for the rest of the trip, we'd decided to get a cici's pizza buffet for lunch so didn't have anything in the park today. For anyone who's not been to Cici's I'd definitely recommend it, very cheap and cheerful pizza buffet. Sadly no pictures of it though this year.

We were just wanting something quick and easy so took a trip to Mcdonalds to see what it's like after the refurb. Decided to get a create your own burger for myself, and OH just got a double cheeseburger meal.

Old 27 Oct 16, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I love Fat Tuesday daiquiris We had our fair share of them in new Orleans last year!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Day 9

Today was the day before Hurricane Matthew was due to hit, so we went out for a bit of shopping and a trip to Mall at Millenia. Arguably one of our favourite lunch meals that we get every time, a nice lap of the food court for samples and then onto Great Wraps.

Brilliant selection of wraps here, but can't change what we love. We both got a crispy buffalo chicken wrap on spinach tortilla, and shared a portion of the ultimate loaded fries.

Tonight was the first night of the dreaded curfew, can't fault Sapphire Falls for effort in the circumstances. Over the next day it was clear they had limited staff, dinner was a buffet in the conference hall. The food was average but when they're cooking for masses we accepted it, the price of $75 for two of us was a bit harder to take

Didn't get any pictures of the food, was a mix of pizza/chicken tenders/hot dogs/soup/pulled pork and some others I can't remember.

Day 10

No pictures of the breakfast today, was once again in the conference hall. Really good breakfast, was the same as the buffet you get included which is about $25 each if memory serves. A good mix of cooked foods/pastries/cereals.

The curfew wasn't lifted until the afternoon so grabbed a couple of treats from the quick service dining in the hotel lobby.

FINALLY the curfew was lifted around 2/3 o'clock if I remember correct so we waited till about 4 before deciding to venture out.

It was strange how within a couple of hours of the curfew being lifted I-Drive was back to normal almost, we drove up and down once just out of curiosity to see damage. Their wasn't much which was good to see, OH wasn't very hungry so we just grabbed a Mcdonalds again tonight. Sadly no pictures of these, was probably busiest I've ever seen but could see everyone just happy to be allowed out again.

Day 11

Just seems like all we have is Mcdonalds now but this was just a quick breakfast option before we made our way to shops for the start of Columbus day sales

We both went for a sausage and egg mcgriddle, for those of you who haven't had these. It's like two pancakes instead of a roll/muffin

After a morning and some extra hours shopping, we found ourselves in Florida Mall about lunch time so got a couple of sandwiches from Charleys.

Philly Cheesesteak on the right, Chicken Teriyaki Steak on the left and some loaded fries to share

Dinner tonight we went across from the hotel to Millers Ale House, OH determined from last year to take another stab at the Zinger Mountain Melt. We both had one of these, and she definitely powered through a lot more than last time. If it hadn't been for the bigger lunch sure we'd both have defeated the mountain.

Day 12

Today was bits n bobs day, when we went for petrol picked up these little treats to keep us going on the trip to Disney Springs. Why don't we do these kind of beauties back home

For lunch we went to Poutines, we'd planned to go here from when we saw that it was getting opened at Disney Springs. They have 4 choices of different toppings but we both just went for classic. I mean really, who wouldn't be happy with cheese and gravy?!

Tonight's dinner was somewhere that no trip would be complete without, CHILIS!

Their was about a 20 minute wait, but you don't mind sitting at the bar when it's BOGOF on drinks Margarita time

For starters we shared the nachos, then I had went for the only thing I ever do.. Honey Chipotle Chicken Crispers, OH went for Pork tacos.

Day 13

Today we went were at Universal for opening and done the rides we hadn't managed to get done yet. We'd almost a whole trip without a Cinnabon

That was quickly taken care of as we got a Pecanbon

We were finished in the parks around late lunch time, so went for a Buffalo Wild Wings on I-Drive.

I went for a medium sized portion of boned wings with fries, OH had loaded potato wedges. Both were brilliant, and service was spot on as always. Obviously did help as their was only another 3/4 tables in.

Tonight, obviously after a bigger lunch we weren't feeling too hungry so took advantage of Food & Wine festival with a little snack to keep us going.

After getting turned down first time when we didn't have copies of our passports for Cava Del Tequila. So we made sure we had these on the phone for this trip A blood orange and a classic margarita.

When we reached USA we both were excited to try the brisket after seeing good reviews before the trip, and it didn't disappoint at all! Almost melts in your mouth the beef is so soft.

On the last leg we visited the Rose & Crown in the UK again, this time the drinks were Jack n Coke and a half/half pint.

After we'd finished at Epcot, we decided to stop off at Millers Ale House and get a bite to eat and a few drinks as it was our last night. As it was after 10pm when we ordered they had happy hour offers, so we got a portion of zingers and loaded fries.

Day 14

Last day today so we went for a Ponderosa buffet for breakfast to get us started, no pictures of this but we all know buffet pictures.

We took a trip down to Disney Springs to put up some last little gifts, and obviously some mini cupcakes We went for a red velvet, and a sprinkles cupcake.

As always we finish any trip flying from Orlando Intl with a trip to Chilis to Go. For some reason they don't ever serve corn on the cob with my meal here, and they don't even have any available

Honey Chipotle Chicken Crispers and Big Mouth Bites, great sign off to yet another Florida Trip. Until next time Orlando