Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 25 Aug 18, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Again never tried contempo cafe (What is going on here?!) - would you recommend? X
OMG yes, that burger was really good, it’s close to Magic and it’s a nice calm area to relax in for a break
tink18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 18, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
That burger at Contempo looks amazing! I’m a big fan of Disney burgers and that looks like one to make a special trip for!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 18, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
That burger at Contempo looks amazing! I’m a big fan of Disney burgers and that looks like one to make a special trip for!
It’s worth a trip, it’s a really nice juicy burger
tink18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 18, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by tink18 View Post
With our main choice came a serving of noodles and veggies. These were delicious! They had a nice sauce flavouring but nothing too strong and definitely not offensive (Zellotape I hope that helps). They also came with two dipping sauces. One was ginger while the other they called yum yum sauce, our chef said it was called this because it goes with everything, ‘it’s like Japanese ranch’. DF agreed with this and was rather infatuated with it. He has already said we need to find this in the UK when we get back.
Great review of Teppan Edo! Now I can’t wait for our reservation!
The ‘yum yum sauce’ sounds like the sauce we get at our local takeaway.
It’s like a marmite based sauce, and seriously good!
Old 26 Aug 18, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Following
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Originally Posted by Zellotape View Post
Great review of Teppan Edo! Now I can’t wait for our reservation!
The ‘yum yum sauce’ sounds like the sauce we get at our local takeaway.
It’s like a marmite based sauce, and seriously good!
Thanks, I hope you get to go and both enjoy, DF loved the sauce, they mentioned it was a shrimp sauce so it’s is odd that I don’t like it and DF did
Old 29 Aug 18, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Day 3

Contempo Cafe/Contemporary Gift Shop

As we were heading to Magic Kingdom we caught an Uber to the Contemporary Resort to save time. While grabbing a refill on our resort mugs I saw a cherry danish and I was instantly starving and had to order it.

I know it is the standard danish you can get across property but I really enjoyed it. Really nice cherry flavour, like a cherry pie filling rather than the nasty fake cherry flavouring that you get sometimes. Yum Yum Yum.

DF had been wandering round the shops and found monster in the store tucked away near the new Pixar kids club. Monster makes DF very happy if not a bit more human, and it’s not a bad value for a snack credit.

Credits
2 snacks
Total $9.15

Be Our Guest

We had an early lunch reservation in Be Our Guest (that’s why I shouldn’t have eaten the danish earlier)

We ordered a French Dip baguette and a turkey baguette to share. We asked for no mayonnaise on the turkey, however DF later asked for the Dijon mayonnaise to put on his turkey.

When they arrived the fries were cold, there was no problem getting them replaced by the server and she was very apologetic.

The sandwiches were good, I preferred the beef while DF preferred the turkey. The beef had a garlic flavour to it which some might find a bit strong but I loved (sorry to those who got stuck next to me on rides for the rest of the day). If I had the choice and DF was willing I would still order both and split. I’d read someone’s report before where their sandwiches had been dry but this wasn’t the case with ours, they were great. I’d recommend lunch here as you get to see the castle and it’s no where near the cost of dinner (cash or credits) for a counter service its great and you get refills on your drink.

Credits 2 QS
Total $39.56

Starbucks AK

DF ordered his usual Venti Vanilla Bean Frappuccino, I tried something new the very berry hibiscus refresher, the refreshers come in a size Trenta, which I can only assume translates as handheld bucket. It’s massive and the drink is delicious nice fruity taste but not too strong and really refreshing. There are berries in the drink as well which is a nice touch. Loved this! I’m going to be heart broken when I no longer have the dining plan and have to pay to get one.

Credits 2 Snacks
Total $11.17

Pongu Pongu

I’d seen the Night Blossom drink on several of the reviews, vlogs and countless images on Instagram but as it’s Apple and pear and I can’t stand pear I got it more to say I’d tried it than actually wanting it. Boy was I wrong. This is amazing! Really delicious and refreshing, it’s not sickly like I was expecting. All I can say is get one and try it, I’ll be back for more of these!

Credit 1 Snack
Total $6.38

Blaze

Blaze for us was a highlight QS from our last trip, although it isn’t the highest value the food is really good and we love pizza!

I got the standard dough with classic red sauce and a pesto crust, mushrooms, pepperoni, garlic and oregano.

This was delicious, great quality pizza. The only thing I would change was the pesto crust, it just seemed to have caught in the oven and tasted slightly too cooked.

DF got standard dough with spicy red sauce and a pesto crust (yes he copied me) with pepperoni, red onions, chicken, garlic, basil and oregano.

He really enjoyed this too, and agreed with me that the pesto crust wasn’t that great.

We love coming here and it’ll be hard to keep to our not repeating meals

Credits 2 QS
Total $27.58

Day Total
QS: 4
Snacks: 5
TS: 0
Dining plan value $93.84

Running Total
QS: 10/28
Snacks: 7/56
TS: 4/28
Dining Plan Value $422.78

Edited at 07:18 PM.
Old 31 Aug 18, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Tink18, I've just noticed your new countdown! looks like you are getting married the week before me!
Unfortunately my wedding isn't Disney at all... not even the honeymoon!
I'm sure you will have a blast!
Old 31 Aug 18, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Originally Posted by Zellotape View Post
Tink18, I've just noticed your new countdown! looks like you are getting married the week before me!
Unfortunately my wedding isn't Disney at all... not even the honeymoon!
I'm sure you will have a blast!
Ahhh how exciting! Not quite sure how we’ve ended up with a wedding and honeymoon over there. How’s your planning going?
Old 1 Sep 18, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Originally Posted by tink18 View Post
Ahhh how exciting! Not quite sure how we’ve ended up with a wedding and honeymoon over there. How’s your planning going?
Haha! Well make the most of it! It will definitely be something to remember!
Well, it’s slow! Haha! We got engaged about a year and a half ago and didn’t plan anything until this year!
We have a venue (which includes food) sorted and a registrar and photographer haha!
The rest I haven’t even contemplated yet!

How’s yours going?