Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Sep 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
If you can reserve it for 24 hours, I would do it first thing in the morning. This will then give you until Monday morning to make a decision- cancel it if TC pulls through (then its waiting for the DC committee on Monday, then the shareholder and court hearing on Friday) or you can see what prices are like and if they are shooting up- confirm the booking.
Assuming your post 47 was referring to my #46?

But if I book at say 9am tomorrow my fingernails will be negligible if there's no formal notice of administration by 9am on Monday.

I think we'll await a formal announcement and hope it works well for us as it did with TCD in 2008. I didn't actually check if cancellation after 24 hours calls for loss of the full amount.

Mick

Edited at 04:31 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Markpc2013 View Post
My step daughter is due to fly out Flight Only on 28/10/19. She has today “booked” new flights with United EDI-EWR-MCO using their hold the fare option for 7 days. Cost £20 but she now has backup flights booked for the same days for £500 return (cheaper than the original TC flights) with seats reserved in case TC do fold. Hopefully they decide within 7 days or goodness knows what she’ll do next but might be useful for others to lock in prices for a week before they go up if the worst does happen!
I’m away to look into this. This would be a great option.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
I’m away to look into this. This would be a great option.
Extortionate!
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

My brother in law just sent me this. He has asked them the question. If true then great , but giving us a fair bit of false hope I reckon.
I understand the whole part of them not being allowed to say anything otherwise.

I also recognise that I’m panicking !
Old 21 Sep 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

My brother in law just sent me this. He has asked them the question. If true then great , but giving us a fair bit of false hope I reckon.
I understand the whole part of them not being allowed to say anything otherwise.

They've been saying that since fri
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
SlinkyDog73
Having Dinner with Goofy

I think they have to say it will be ok or else people will cancel or will not book at all, resulting in an even greater loss.

Panick allowed.
SlinkyDog73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
Imagineer

Does anyone know if you can cancel BA packages within 24 hours or is it just flights only?

Any comments or suggestions about what you'd do in our situation are welcomed - booked TC package to fly this coming Thursday Manchester to MCO. We paid £1600 for the two of us through TC using a £150 off code. We don't really want to spend any more than £1800 if we have to rebook as OH was made redundant yesterday so funds are tighter than we'd anticipated, particularly if we will be waiting several months to be reimbursed under atol/abta.

We found a BA package last night for same flight dates coming in at £1780 for the two of us, same hotel etc. It does mean an indirect flight but at least it'd get us there.

Would happily book this as it means not changing airport hotel booking/parking booking which are both nonrefundable, though if it comes to it we can be a bit flexible on dates.

However we of course don't want to book elsewhere if TC are going to pull through. On the other hand, if they don't pull through and prices jump considerably we won't be able to comfortably afford any big price hikes.

We have no idea if the hotel part of our package may have already been paid for - if so, we don't know if we could use this and just pay again for flight only, or not. No idea how this would work in terms of claiming a refund for the flights but not the accommodation when booked as a package.

If we had the luxury of time I'd not be so stressed, but it's definitely looking like a close one. Looking at our insurance I don't think we'd get any reimbursement for our park tickets etc and so we don't want to not go altogether and lose these, too.

I just don't know what to do for the best after reading so many conflicting reports! Would really appreciate other people's views on what to do, though I understand nobody really knows what's going to happen at this stage.

I was initially not worried as with the meeting originally being scheduled for Friday I thought we would at least get out there (and I could think of worse places to be stuck than florida lol) however if it happens on Monday instead then we obviously need a plan.

Edited to add: sorry for such a long post! I'm usually not a worrier, honest!

Edited at 04:47 PM.
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
niccynoo66
Excited about Disney

Hello all,

When Monarch went into administration I was up early and was able to re book 4 flights to Barcelona with Ryanair for approx £40 more per flight (return).

I claimed via Nationwide credit card using a template from MSE and also asked for the extra that the new flights cost, again using the MSE template.

Nationwide refunded all money including the extra costs. Hope this helps, although it may have all changed now.

best wishes
Nicky x
niccynoo66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by niccynoo66 View Post
Hello all,

When Monarch went into administration I was up early and was able to re book 4 flights to Barcelona with Ryanair for approx £40 more per flight (return).

I claimed via Nationwide credit card using a template from MSE and also asked for the extra that the new flights cost, again using the MSE template.

Nationwide refunded all money including the extra costs. Hope this helps, although it may have all changed now.

best wishes
Nicky x
I have just checked the section 75 part on MSE website and the letter template is still there with the part to add on extra costs if needed.
This is really helpful, thank you !
Old 21 Sep 19, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I heard Monarch was going under about midnight on the Sunday.

I got up 6am and booked Ryanair flights (for Portugal which was 5 weeks away).

As you say, prices then went up, but I got in before people realised.

Snap. Found out late on the Sunday so new flights with Ryanair to Venice all booked early doors on the following morning. I’d booked on a Santander debit card and put a claim in for charge back. It was refused. Santander was one of the few banks I think that didn’t do refunds. Fortunately the flights with monarch were only for the outbound portion and were cheap so I wasn’t in for a huge loss like TC long haul customers right now.

I also now buy insurance with SAFI included.

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List