Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 26 Sep 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
kzrr02
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Snack credits

Hi. We have quite a bit of snack credits and a 3 meal credits left. We leave tomorrow so what’s the best way to use these up?
kzrr02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

I was watching some youtube videos of all the great snacks in the parks. I dot know how anyone has credits left at the end. I just want to try them all.

Use your snacks in the shop for gifts (sweet gifts)

You can convert QS credit to 3 snacks credits, but not TS credits. You can convert TS credits to 2 QS credits. Havent heard if you can, maybe you can then convert those credits to snacks.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL

Edited at 12:48 PM.
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

If you want to take these snacks home go to goofys candy co. And get some packet sweets and their fudge is amazing! You can use it as gifts for people back home 🙂 Ghirardelli chocolate is a good one too. They sometimes have a 4 for 3 or a 3 for 2 offer on which you can use snack credits for. I was near there yesterday but didn't pop in 😔
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
dietcokebreak
slightly serious Dibber

Ghiardelli will let you spend your credits on anything in the store, they give you an amount per credit, sorry I can’t remember how much, so you’re not limited to just the chocolate (although that’s what we did &#128525
dietcokebreak is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolverine
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
I was watching some youtube videos of all the great snacks in the parks. I dot know how anyone has credits left at the end. I just want to try them all.

You can convert QS credit to 3 snacks credits, but not TS credits. You can convert TS credits to 2 QS credits. Havent heard if you can, maybe you can then convert those credits to snacks.
Same here looking at all the snacks I want to try really can't see us not using them all try looking at dfb on YouTube they tell you some great tips on how to use them all up
Wolverine is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post

I converted a TS credit to 3 snack credits this morning. It's my going home day and I knew I wouldn't use it. They did it for me at the front desk.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 03:12 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We just spent a bunch of snacks at DS in ghirdelli and goofy candy co. 6 credits on 6 bags of chocolate (2 for $8 ones) one of the boxes with approx 25 pick m mix pieces in plus some loose squares. Goofy candy co we got marshmallows, fudge, one of those sherbert tube things, several bags of candy, toffee apple, pecan chocolate cluster thing.

As ti how ppl have snacks left we literally didnt have room for any more food on the ddp we used them for drinks and icecream, popcorn, nuts etc as well as some food and drink things but we also had loads of desserts as whenever we ate at a resort we used our mugs so got free dessert or bag of crisps etc then

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Just saw this and wanted to say in case anyone else comes looking for an answer I found Ghiradelli was the best value. You got approximately $18 worth of credit per QS and $6 per S. They were really helpful sorting it out so you get the max per credit. I used 3 QS credits and got 2 x 15pc tins (which actually are fill as much as you can and still close so got in around 20), 2 x hot chocolate mix, 2 x 10pc bags and 2 x chocolate nuts (cashew and hazelnut). It would have been the equivalent of 9 snack bags if exchanged for those instead so only 1 less and I got a lot more stuff. In theory I could have got 4 of the 10pc bags for the same price as the tins but the tins had a "Florida" wrap around on them and looked a bit nicer for a gift. They also had a cookbook you could have used the credit on. I didn't see a teddy bear though I read in a previous post there is one as well so there are some non-food items too
Old 2 Oct 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolverine
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thank you for the update just over a month now and first time on a dining plan so it will go one way or the other either loads left or spent up 3 days in lol
Wolverine is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
Thank you for the update just over a month now and first time on a dining plan so it will go one way or the other either loads left or spent up 3 days in lol
I think if it had been cooler I could have easily used all of mine it was just so hot I didn't want to eat! I also would have had at least 2 less QS but for errors which meant I ended up with extra so in reality I would have only had 3 snacks and 1 QS left.