Notices

Old 30 Jun 20, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Definitely keep the report going. I’d love to hear about all your Disney at home days.

I know what you mean about when it’s your travel day. Ours was Sunday and it certainly made me glum even though I’m fully ok with not going now, I think it was finishing school in such a weird way and the thought of what we should have been doing that weekend that pushed me over the edge. Last night was meant to be our one Disney dinner at Cali Grill and today we should have been arriving at RPR. I felt like I should be starting a food report 😂

I’m planning on keeping an eye on BA prices when they are released for our dates for next summer but would only book deposit only.

In the meantime we are just happy to have some time of and I don’t need to be moaning at DS to do school work and sure we can enjoy Scottish rain as much as the Florida stuff 🤣

Hope you get some news soon.
Old 30 Jun 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Leelashpurple
Excited about Disney

I follow a fellow Dibber on You Tube and she did West Coast and Florida last summer. The internal flights were pretty cheap. Life with Lisa is her channel.
Leelashpurple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Big Announcement

So, I'm sure it won't come as too much of a shock to you all but our trip is now officially off. I'm honestly not sad about it. Not at the moment anyway. A month or two ago I'd have been really sad to cancel and it's utterly bizarre as I never thought the day would come when I would be glad or relieved to find out we were definitely not going to WDW. But I am, so don't be too sad on my behalf. I'm sure come travel day I will be gloomy, but there will be other travel days and apart from the holiday all is well here.

I'm sure you're wondering what happened and while I've said it's off actually I've not made any phone calls to sort everything out but I will get round to it.

This evening when I got home from work and checked my emails it was lovely to see all your messages on this thread honestly that was so sweet to come home to.

But hidden among the emails was a post to the Lufthansa social group. A dibber had noticed that one of the legs of their trip next month had been cancelled. So I figured I may as well log in to my booking and sure enough one of the legs of our flight is cancelled. I was relieved to see this as I believe this means we will be able to get a refund on the flights, which was £2000, I'm sure it will take a long time for the refund to come through but that will be great.

That happened just over an hour ago. I haven't phoned them to sort it out and I haven't contacted Disney or any other part of the trip yet. But I will do. I'm not going to ask Lufthansa to try and get us on another flight as to be honest it's a relief that it's cancelled.

We've just had dinner and I explained to the kids that the flights were gone so we wouldn't be going now and they were both fine.

So, that's it. This summer is all over, writing that is tough, but also phew at the same time.

I'm going to give it a few days before I contact Disney and try and make a decision about what to do about re-booking for next year. It seems pointless phoning them now when I don't know whether I want to amend or cancel.

It's Dave's birthday tomorrow and then mum's 70th at the weekend so we have lots of celebrations to look forward to and I'll deal with all the sorting out after that.

Thanks so much for everyone's comments of encouragement and support over the last few months. I can't tell you how much I've appreciated all of you. It really is great to just chat sometimes so I'm glad you don't want me to close the thread down.

Love Abby x

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
We would love to hear about Kate's Disney at Home days!

I did hope you would continue this PTR if you move your trip to next year, it means we can keep our merry little band together.

I definitely think reality will hit as travel days come and go and the reality of the situation sinks in. Every time I look at my pin board and realise there will never be a 2020 pin I feel very glum.
Reading about the missing 2020 pin on your board made me feel a bit sad. I'm glad we never got round to those buy a Christmas tree decoration with the year on it traditions that many people have.

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Definitely keep this PTR going and we would love to hear about Kate's Disney at Home days! I am braving Legoland this weekend as it is DS's favourite place in the world! I'm also looking at European breaks with air bridges but the thought of airports, masks etc is terrifying. These are strange and scary times and like you I really thought back in March that Summer holidays were a real possibility... Trying to accept this new reality (without Disney) is very difficult so let's keep it alive in this PTR as much as we can
I'm glad Kate's Disney at Home plans are something you all want to hear about. I'm not sure they will be as exciting as you think

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
I would love to hear about your Disney at home and am looking forward to hearing about what you pick for a trip next year. I agree that our travel day will probably be quite miserable so I've booked for me and the girls to have a few days in Norfolk just after we were meant to go. I'm going to try to book a couple of other short UK stays over the summer too.
I'm not sure what to do now about getting away somewhere this summer. That's something to think about later, I hope you have a good time in Norfolk I'm really hoping the weather improves.

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Hey Abby, I'm so sorry it's been a while since I've been on here. I'm now all caught up!

What an absolutely crap time it is at the moment eh, I think so many of us are just totally fed up with the unknown in life. It would be great if someone could give us an end date to all this but that really is wishful thinking

I don't even know what to say about the holiday . I wouldn't want to cancel anything either, not until the flights do anyway.

Please, please keep this pre trippy going, I would love to see how Kate's Disney at Home plans go! You could do a type of Summer blog, cocktails and all

I hope you decide soon what to do about a holiday next year. It will be exciting to have something new to plan. If you don't go away this summer, how about the West Coast trip next Easter and WDW next July?
Yep an end date would be very much appreciated all round. You're right there will be cocktails this summer I will make sure to take lots of photos for you. Your west coast at Easter and wdw in July sounds like a great idea! I'll keep that in mind.

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Another vote to keep your PTR going, even though none of us have good news, it’s still lovely to chat to you all.

I’m not planning on going back to WDW until 2022 - I’m optimistically hoping that it’ll all be back to normal by then. However, if deals start popping up, I could be tempted by 2021!
Definitely keep your options open. Who knows what's going to happen I've tried to stop making predictions as it nearly always turns out that I'm wrong!

Now that is a plan!
I think Alicia was tempting me, we all know the dibb has a lot to answer for on that score.

Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
Another vote to keep this PTR going! Would love to read about Kate's Disney at home days

I'm planning a West Coast trip next year for the first time & then sometimes I think that we should just return to Florida. Nathan isn't so keen on the Florida option as we have been so many times since he was a baby. If we went to Florida we wouldnt be doing Disney but if we went to the West Coast, I would have to do Disney

So I think you should do a West Coast trip and we can help each other with the planning However, it's all in my head at this stage as I'm not booking anything until next year to I see how this all pans out.
Ha ha yes I always love it if I can copy someone else's trip too. I like the idea of sharing the planning.

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Definitely keep the report going. I’d love to hear about all your Disney at home days.

I know what you mean about when it’s your travel day. Ours was Sunday and it certainly made me glum even though I’m fully ok with not going now, I think it was finishing school in such a weird way and the thought of what we should have been doing that weekend that pushed me over the edge. Last night was meant to be our one Disney dinner at Cali Grill and today we should have been arriving at RPR. I felt like I should be starting a food report 😂

I’m planning on keeping an eye on BA prices when they are released for our dates for next summer but would only book deposit only.

In the meantime we are just happy to have some time of and I don’t need to be moaning at DS to do school work and sure we can enjoy Scottish rain as much as the Florida stuff 🤣

Hope you get some news soon.
Yes I'm sure I'll be the same in a months time and end up saying today would have been Animal Kingdom or whatever. Oh dear, I think that's going to be tough when it comes around.

Not writing the trip report will be odd too. That normally sees me through the cold when the weather has turned and the nights are dark. What am I going to do now? That's going to feel really odd. I can't even remember what I used to do before I started writing trip reports

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Leelashpurple View Post
I follow a fellow Dibber on You Tube and she did West Coast and Florida last summer. The internal flights were pretty cheap. Life with Lisa is her channel.
I watch her vlogs too, they're fab aren't they? Combining a West and East Coast trip! That's a real temptation!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh Abby, what a shame. I know you expected it but still sad for it to finally happen. So glad that you’re not too down about it.

Your comment about not having a report to write made me realise that I won’t have an Abby report to read - nooooo! I may actually have to finish mine off instead 😄
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Aww Abby, welcome to the cancellation club. It’s honestly not that bad. 😊 I’ve accepted that we probably won’t be going anywhere this year never mind this summer. 🤷 But, like you, I’m actually ok with it.

I’ve just this afternoon (after waiting for days to talk to someone) got sorted with Virgin to keep our Florida August reward flights open and our NYC October reward flights cancelled. So I’ll probably be waiting about 4 months for that.

I hope you manage to sort something out for a trip next year as it would be really nice to go through the build up with you again! 😃

Anyway, the pressure is off now and you can enjoy the summer without the are we, aren’t we situation.

Kat x
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm glad for you that you finally know what you're doing and that the decision was taken out of your hands. It's far easier that way. Hopefully you'll get something booked for next year soon.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Now that is a plan!
I'm very good at spending other people's money

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Big Announcement

So, I'm sure it won't come as too much of a shock to you all but our trip is now officially off. I'm honestly not sad about it. Not at the moment anyway. A month or two ago I'd have been really sad to cancel and it's utterly bizarre as I never thought the day would come when I would be glad or relieved to find out we were definitely not going to WDW. But I am, so don't be too sad on my behalf. I'm sure come travel day I will be gloomy, but there will be other travel days and apart from the holiday all is well here.

I'm sure you're wondering what happened and while I've said it's off actually I've not made any phone calls to sort everything out but I will get round to it.

This evening when I got home from work and checked my emails it was lovely to see all your messages on this thread honestly that was so sweet to come home to.

But hidden among the emails was a post to the Lufthansa social group. A dibber had noticed that one of the legs of their trip next month had been cancelled. So I figured I may as well log in to my booking and sure enough one of the legs of our flight is cancelled. I was relieved to see this as I believe this means we will be able to get a refund on the flights, which was £2000, I'm sure it will take a long time for the refund to come through but that will be great.

That happened just over an hour ago. I haven't phoned them to sort it out and I haven't contacted Disney or any other part of the trip yet. But I will do. I'm not going to ask Lufthansa to try and get us on another flight as to be honest it's a relief that it's cancelled.

We've just had dinner and I explained to the kids that the flights were gone so we wouldn't be going now and they were both fine.

So, that's it. This summer is all over, writing that is tough, but also phew at the same time.

I'm going to give it a few days before I contact Disney and try and make a decision about what to do about re-booking for next year. It seems pointless phoning them now when I don't know whether I want to amend or cancel.

It's Dave's birthday tomorrow and then mum's 70th at the weekend so we have lots of celebrations to look forward to and I'll deal with all the sorting out after that.

Thanks so much for everyone's comments of encouragement and support over the last few months. I can't tell you how much I've appreciated all of you. It really is great to just chat sometimes so I'm glad you don't want me to close the thread down.

Love Abby x

Reading about the missing 2020 pin on your board made me feel a bit sad. I'm glad we never got round to those buy a Christmas tree decoration with the year on it traditions that many people have.

I'm glad Kate's Disney at Home plans are something you all want to hear about. I'm not sure they will be as exciting as you think

I'm not sure what to do now about getting away somewhere this summer. That's something to think about later, I hope you have a good time in Norfolk I'm really hoping the weather improves.

Yep an end date would be very much appreciated all round. You're right there will be cocktails this summer I will make sure to take lots of photos for you. Your west coast at Easter and wdw in July sounds like a great idea! I'll keep that in mind.

Definitely keep your options open. Who knows what's going to happen I've tried to stop making predictions as it nearly always turns out that I'm wrong!

I think Alicia was tempting me, we all know the dibb has a lot to answer for on that score.

Erm, guilty as charged

Ha ha yes I always love it if I can copy someone else's trip too. I like the idea of sharing the planning.

Yes I'm sure I'll be the same in a months time and end up saying today would have been Animal Kingdom or whatever. Oh dear, I think that's going to be tough when it comes around.

Not writing the trip report will be odd too. That normally sees me through the cold when the weather has turned and the nights are dark. What am I going to do now? That's going to feel really odd. I can't even remember what I used to do before I started writing trip reports
Oh Abby, I know you're not sad but I'm still sorry it has come to this. You have a great attitude towards it all though and I'm glad the kids are ok too. Definitely don't make a decision on next year until you're sure on what you all fancy, there's no rush. Whatever you decide I know you'll make it even bigger and better than this years holiday

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I watch her vlogs too, they're fab aren't they? Combining a West and East Coast trip! That's a real temptation!
Ooh yes, an epic 4-5 week trip would be amazing! Have you read Amanda's (Wiley Coyote's) trip report when they did just that? It was a few years back now but would give lots of food for thought!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

At least you know what's happening now with this years trip for definite and it makes sense not to call Disney until you have an idea what you want to do next year. Im also thinking of a West Coast trip for next year.

I hope you do keep up this thread - I'll love to read more about Kates Disney at Home.

Diane
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List