Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Aug 20, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
1st aug to 31st Aug 2021 departures, what we have already booked

so whilst we SHOULD be in our 2nd day in Orlando today, some have already passed their one year mRk whilst others are yet to celebrate, we today mark the day as, officially less than a year to wait day.

I was looking through last years notes for this year, and obviously with park tickets being transfered and the extra money to pay all paid, the only thing we do have left to do is some more spends, pay for the car hire, and book the airport hotel.

We are waiting for virgin to refund our package holiday but have already booked with tui and flying from more local airport to us and will pay the balance off as soon as we get the refund on the 22nd September.
Looking at planners and moving dates for park days around is finally all sorted. Thank god!
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

We moved our group of 14 holiday from this August to next, just hoping things have significantly improved by then! Just about to firm up the villa, prices have increased on that side of things, but we are comparing it to the price we pay for large villas in Portugal, and it's still cheap in comparison!
Car hire in the virgin holidays package, closely watching premium seat prices as they get released as some people would like to upgrade if possible.
Not much else to do, just now watching and waiting hoping to see improvements in the US!
Twinniemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

We have also moved from Aug 2020 to August 2021. 19 nights- 5 onsite at BC then 14 nights in a villa. Deposit paid. Got all our Disney theme park days booked in which at the minute feels ludicrous, but had to be done! Hoping that by then things will be a bit more ‘normal’. Either that or we will have grown used to the ‘new normal’ ( hate that expression!) planning on a night at HRH and universal tickets too, but not booking any of that until next year.
Desperate to officially be excited and re-start the planning but it so difficult with so many unknowns- though we have decided that if we are allowed to travel to the US, we will go regardless of the theme park restrictions.
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ocaz
Earning More Ears

In exactly same boat - pushed everything back a year.

We were due to stop onsite with DDP but have now cancelled with Disney and got deposit refunded.

All we have booked is 6 nights at Cabana Bay with universal tickets. Got voucher from KLM for when flight are released.

Just planning on what to do with over 10 nights as never stayed off site, want to do at least 7 days in Disney parks so will put deposit on some tickets soon and book in dates seen as we cancelled package with disney direct.

Just looking at where to stay

Edited at 03:39 PM.
ocaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

So far all I have booked is a cruise from Port Canaveral leaving August 28th. I'm hoping the fly out around the 21st and get tickets for Universal but it's all up in the air at the moment.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Depends if you are driving or not and how far from sisney you do want to stay. We prefer idrive. We have stayed at avanti resort on idrive and had most things in walking distance including the Coca-Cola eye. Being in the middle of all parks was ideal for us as we was visiting all parks.
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
WiltshireBen
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by jojo_3596 View Post
5 onsite at BC then 14 nights in a villa.
This caught my eye. I'm looking to book our trip for Aug 2021 at Beach Club but I can't find any availability, only the Yacht Club? What am I missing here? I'm hoping they will release the other resorts soon but I don't know when that's likely.
And yes, not as easy to get excited about planning and booking when we all have no idea if it will actually happen!
WiltshireBen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

I am booked for May but impatiently waiting for flights to come out for 31st August to move it- hotels are the same price so praying we get similar flight prices as we have made our mind up to change dates now

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WiltshireBen View Post
This caught my eye. I'm looking to book our trip for Aug 2021 at Beach Club but I can't find any availability, only the Yacht Club? What am I missing here? I'm hoping they will release the other resorts soon but I don't know when that's likely.
And yes, not as easy to get excited about planning and booking when we all have no idea if it will actually happen!
Hi, we already had the 14 nights in the villa booked but added the 5 BC nights on back in April when it looked like this years Disney trip was about to go belly up. All booked with ever after holidays. It was the YC that wasn't available back then.
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachv38
Very Serious Dibber

We are booked for endless summer 19th Aug for 14 nights. Booked it back in Nov. This time last year we were in florida. Wish I was there now but really hoping we can still go next year.
Rachv38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List