Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Sep 20, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

I suffered severe morning sickness (hyperemesis gravidarum) with all 3 of my children. I was sick all day every day and ended up in hospital with my third. How I managed to carry on working I'll never know. The sickness miraculously disappeared the moment I gave birth. All 3 were born very healthy. I had two girls and a boy. I also suffered with severe heartburn with all 3. An old wives tale says this means the baby will have a lot of hair and all 3 of mine did.
JudgeJ26 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I’m another subject, if you’re really sick through the pregnancy does that mean it’s a girl. I felt nauseous with the boys but really ill when I was having my dd!
Good luck OP, bags and tissues and just tell yourself gorgeous baby at the end
With son number one I had sickness for 9 months , son number two for the first three months and no sickness at all with third child. I did start to think it may be a girl (wasn't going to ask this time round) but when I saw the scan photo it looked exactly like son number 2 so knew it was going to be a boy and it was.
Old 18 Sep 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

On a much lighter note I just realised that hyperemesis gravidarum sounds like a spell from Harry Potter😳😁.
JudgeJ26 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

I've got all boys but with my youngest, having never really had morning sickness, I was quite quite ill during the first 3 months.
I convinced myself that it was a girl I was carrying, as it all felt different, as well as the sickness.

At the scan I was asked if we wanted to know the gender and we said yes.
The doctor (it was a Doctor) said 'Ahh yes, there's a scrotum clear as day!'
I was like, 'What? Are you SURE? Look again! '
He laughed loudly and said 'I know what I'm looking at . It's definitely a scrotum!'

OP, I hope you feel better soon and all goes well, won't be long until you hold your little baby!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Lau-nicole
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by R L A View Post
... let me explain.

22 weeks pregnant and I have had sickness all the way through, it’s mostly controlled now but I have the occasional bad day where the nearest bush or tree stump will have to do for sicky moments. I get it, it’s disgusting, but sometimes it can’t be helped!

In the age of Covid the amount of dirty looks, and muttered under breath comments I am getting is starting to get me down as much as the actual sickness. I hate to think how people with long term illnesses and disabilities are being treated.

Have we become so paranoid and afraid that no one is allowed to be outside if they aren’t feeling 100% perfect?!

Anyway rant over!

Edited to say - I probably should have said I always have plastic bags on me and tissues but it does sometime come on without warning and I haven’t yet had chance to get to one! Apologies for making it seem like I’m a total savage! I always clean up after myself!
Congratulations! Had to comment because I really feel this. I’m 14 weeks and I’ve carried around a literal sick bucket 😂 since week 5 - morning sickness is the worst. If you have no choice but to be sick in public you can’t exactly hold it in and you’ve cleaned up afterwards.
You do what you need to do and ignore ignorant rude people.

Also ginger ale has really helped eased my nausea.
Lau-nicole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Originally Posted by R L A View Post
I agree it’s unpleasant, but yes I do, I always have a roll of poo bags and a bunch of tissues on me, (we have a dog) but sometimes it comes on without warning That the first part I haven’t been able to get the bag open or even out of my pocket! For the record I also always do my best to clean it up too just as I would any dog mess.

But while it’s happening there’s little I can do to control it!

I feel sorry for you and cross with those who have not seen just how bad this can be.

I confess to sailing through 2 pregnancies but both my dil’s have had this problem and fully understand your plight. You cannot put your life on hold simply in the hope that you will make it to a bathroom in time. Know they had a few mishaps.

Perhaps some of those being critical need to walk a mile in your shoes.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Try and see it as the problem is there’s and not yours .

On a different level I am asthmatic. For some reason (I guess the huge increases i traffic over last week or so) my asthma as been really bad and often can be seen coughing and spluttering when out - I occasionally get looks and comments but honestly if I catch my breath they get torn a new one and I am left feeling better for “educating” the simple minded ones that have mother better to do than stick their unwelcome nose into other business. Rise above it and tell them to go and take a hike (or words to that effect ! My usual RP accent can get very cockney when needs be and has an immediate effect lol)
Good attitude to have.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

I’ve been sick every where, and was so sick during pregnancy.

Ps it makes the birth a piece of cake !
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
kempydee
Being a bit Goofy

kempydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 2
Congratulations OP.

I was sick every day right up to giving birth with both my boys. I’ve actually got a large age gap between them as I really didn’t want to go through it all again. Everyone said oh it won’t be the same - and unfortunately it was !
I tried seabands, ginger, dry toast the lot. Ended up living on ice lollies.

Don’t worry what other people think, its awful being ill all the time but just think of the end product!

I carried a sick bucket in my car - kept in the passenger seat footwell. I had to pull over on the motorway to be sick. The traffic police pulled up and breathalised me as they thought I was drunk! I wasn’t showing at the time so couldn’t prove I was pregnant. I carried my notes everywhere after that!
kempydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

I had terrible morning sickness all the way through my pregnancies. I'd be sick on the commute, On arriving at the office I used to visit a different floor on arrival to go to the loo and throw up as I was too embarrassed to keep doing it on my own floor. I left meetings part way through to throw up .. much to the delight of a girl who hated me ... but head high keep going

Ignore the abuse - focus on the end product 👍👍👍👍🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List