Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Oct 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
The most important thing with a heat pump is keeping the filters clean. You have the lint filter you clean after each cycle by the drum and another at the bottom that needs cleaning every few cycles with another filter that needs a rinse.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
Heat Pump dryers do take longer because they run at such lower temperatures and use much less energy. And they likely have sensors that detent damp and can stop the cycle if the clothes are dry.
Ours takes 1 hour and 40 minutes and clothes come out totally dry. There are other longer and shorter cycles that we never use.
Sounds to me like you are maybe using the wrong cycle that is stopping too soon?
Taking longer doesnt bother us at all as the dryer is in the Utility room and we cant hear it at all. So the advantages are that they use less energy and they dont wreck your clothes due to heat, they wont go on fire like vented ones can. But the downside is that they can take longer.
Thank you , yes I’m aware it’s lower temperature and takes longer but a cycle comes up at 3hours 40 and the clothes will still be quite damp , the drier does adjust the time if the clothes are dry or a smaller load but I’m having to repeatedly put it on again , we clean the filters after every cycle and the dryer will stop if the water drawer is full
, problem is after reading all these good reviews on here I’m now convinced that it’s not working properly but I don’t think they will come at this time out unless there is a specific fault ! We had a large American style previously which was fantastic and I was told that this would be better but it’s just rubbish x
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I have a Miele one and although I dont hate it, it isnt the quickest way (or most economical ) to dry clothes - going to change it to a vented one - even my condenser one which I just got rid off was MUCH more effective.
I have the Miele vented , really quick at drying , had a zanusi before but all out appliance are Miele guarantees were excellent on them

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mexico07 View Post
Thank you , yes I’m aware it’s lower temperature and takes longer but a cycle comes up at 3hours 40 and the clothes will still be quite damp , the drier does adjust the time if the clothes are dry or a smaller load but I’m having to repeatedly put it on again , we clean the filters after every cycle and the dryer will stop if the water drawer is full
, problem is after reading all these good reviews on here I’m now convinced that it’s not working properly but I don’t think they will come at this time out unless there is a specific fault ! We had a large American style previously which was fantastic and I was told that this would be better but it’s just rubbish x
Nearly 4 hours and still not dry - that definitely sounds like a problem.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
I have the Miele vented , really quick at drying , had a zanusi before but all out appliance are Miele guarantees were excellent on them
Thats what I had before I had a condenser and foolishly read and thought heat pumps were better - they are not. I am returning to order A Miele vented- my clothes come out of it a lot fresher and less creased And take a fraction of the time - I owuld even consider a condenser over this current fad of heat pumps as they suit my use and style better

Edited at 11:53 AM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Reviews of a Bosch heat pump on Argos

Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Reviews of a Bosch heat pump on Argos

Both myself and my father have a Bosch HP dryers. Dries clothes perfectly in an hour and 40.
We bought it to match our washing machine.

This one has nearly five stars. And the one we have - though we didnt pay anywhere near this price.
argos/product/7685...20dryer:1:16:1.

I guess you can pick a couple of one star reviews for anything.

Edited at 02:37 PM.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Sukey
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mexico07 View Post
I bought a Samsung one 3 weeks ago and have exactly the same issues with it as you describe. Washing is always still slightly damp and I have to keep putting it back on. My old vented one used to dry clothes perfectly
Sukey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Gosh I have opened a can of worms on this subject haven't I
Old 31 Oct 20, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Gosh I have opened a can of worms on this subject haven't I
Mixed bag of reviews😀
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List