Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Nov 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
making49
Imagineer

making49's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Gatwick airport I saw Cliff Richards.

Tampa airport the custom officer called Roger Daltry over to meet us, embarrassing, I think he wanted to speak to him really.

Whilst staying at a hotel to attend a Donny Osmond concert, the desk staff gave us the nod that he was staying there that night. We waited in the lobby to see him.

The same weekend, James Nesbit was drinking in a bar we went to.
Old 15 Nov 20, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Was at a golf outing at the K club in Dublin, our tournament was over and we where enjoying drinks on the bar. On be known to us there was a charity golf event the next day ( Marie Keating )and as usual in Irish bars there is always a sing song. After a couple of hours there was lots of celebrities in the bar. Ant and Dec, Botham, Dwight York, Ronan Keating, and others that I now can’t remember, any way I stood with arms round Alan Shearer singing country roads and enjoyed a pint in his company
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneydreaming_
Proud to wear my Ears

Oh and I live in Essex so regularly see the cast of TOWIE although are these real celebs?

Lauren goodger was in front of me on an escalator in lakeside just before lockdown. Sunglasses on, no mask making videos of herself pouting
Disneydreaming_ is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Trouble3
Apprentice Imagineer

Trouble3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Met the Queen when I was little. She'd presented my Dad with a medal, so me and my sister got to meet her after. Dad was in "her squadron", the 16/5th Queens Royal Lancers, so he met her a fair few times over his 22 years in the Army.

Met Suzanne Dando and Sharron Davies at school. Think they were there for our sports day for some reason.

Kenny Lynch lived over the back of us when I was a teenager. We were in the middle of nowhere, so we all knew each other.

Simon Williams and Nigel Havers were regulars in the pub I worked at, The Sun Inn at Nettlebed. Simon lived/lives on Nettlebed Estate, which is just down the road; he used to park on estate land, get absolutely hammered, walk to his car and drive home... on private land. There were other celebs in the pub with them sometimes, but I had no idea who they were.

Watched Simon Williams manage to pour petrol all over himself at the garage I worked in aged 17. He was so peeved and a bit pi**y with me that I thought of flicking a lit match at him, after he'd paid and walked away.

Out on my Dad's little boat, on the Thames, we met Peter Davison and his then wife Sandra Dickinson. Their little narrowboat was called "The Painted Bucket", our boat was called "The Whinger", Sandra asked why whilst we waited at the lock. It was named after me said Dad.

Linda Barker (changing rooms) was on my flight to Orlando, many moons ago; was surprised as she was in economy with us.

James May was on another of my flights, with his very odd wife; think it was to Sri Lanka at Christmas. They had a right barney at each other in front of everyone in the gate lounge.
Old 15 Nov 20, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Bill Bailey in Liberty one Xmas - really pleasant. Linda Robson with her family standing in the line for Slinky Dog at DLP, exactly as she is on TV.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

2005 Michael Jackson at the Burj el Arab in Dubai. He was shopping with his children just after the court case.
2006 Arnold Schwarzenegger at a coffee shop in Palm Springs. He was campaigning for reelection as Governor of California.
Sat next to David Dimbleby on a flight from Manchester to Gatwick.
Seen quite a few minor celebs and sports personalities at airports over the years.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

Zac Efron in the Hyatt in Orlando airport. It was just after High School Musical got released. He chatted to my daughter who is a year or two younger than him. He was very nice and has the most amazing blue eyes. She is still a fan.
TigerMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TigerMom View Post
Zac Efron in the Hyatt in Orlando airport. It was just after High School Musical got released. He chatted to my daughter who is a year or two younger than him. He was very nice and has the most amazing blue eyes. She is still a fan.
Lucky girl 💗

I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone famous other than footballers and that’s only because I went to the training ground purposely to meet them.😂
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
afcajax73
slightly serious Dibber

When I was (much) younger, around 14-15 years old, I was on a flight to Amsterdam for football, and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink was a few rows in front of me, I plucked up the courage and went to get his autograph but! when I got there he was asleep! anyway, his girlfriend/wife woke him up, much to his displeasure, and he wished me well and signed a piece of KLM paper he had with a little meal tray...

fast forward a few hours, we got to the hotel, I put the paper no the side and went to sleep. I woke up the next morning, went for breakfast then when I came back the maid had been in and cleared the room, including the autographed paper! so... Jimmy, if you're reading..sorry for waking you

Also, When I worked in a bar in town, Jim Davidson was doing a show at the theatre around the corner. He came in and stated how much he liked the place, ordered a drink and then refused to pay, he said "we should be honoured to have him there and put a picture up to say he drank there, let alone give him free whisky all night". We argued it out for a bit, and he asked the famous "you do know who I am don't you?" to which I replied.. "yeah... John Virgo?" he did see the funny side but still called me a p***k. He then demanded to see my manager who also told him he had to pay, he then got his "minder" to pay for the drink, downed it and left...

Slightly better ones whilst working at the hotel at Alton Towers were Juan Pablo Montoya, Johnathon Ross (very friendly), and Richard Hammond...

I did meet Richard hammond again after that on the Top Gear set, along with the other two! My sister did a show with Richard H based on exercise on university students and the effects of sitting in class all day. He nabbed us some tickets to a show and I got to be on tv several times at the front of a big group!

Edited at 09:50 PM.
afcajax73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Harry Enfield stole our front row seat on the Dragon Coaster at Legoland about 15 years ago He just waved at us as if that was enough

Have never got over it

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List