Notices

Old 14 Nov 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
robrar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pinchy View Post
When did that clear and accelerating upward trend start do you think?
With exponential growth it's difficult to assign a specific date to the beginning because the graph climbs pretty slowly at first, but in terms of the growth of infection I'd say early to mid-September (which is similar to the UK).
robrar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Biden has made it his first priority to get the virus under control. Heís not in office till January. Cant see borders open to non business visitors for a long time.
If he gets it under control then Iím sure he will deter visitors by creating a buffer zone over a few months and then let a few countries in at a time.
Maybe the uk will still be back of the queue

Edited at 05:38 PM.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
robrar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by linnite View Post
I'm interested to note there is no sign of a second wave in New York:

covid19.healthdata/unite...aths&tab=trend

Do we know why? What sort of restrictions are New York under?
Just a quick update to this, the Mayor of New York City has just, announced they are closing the city schools as a result of their second wave of infection.
robrar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Very Serious Dibber

Things soon move along eh.

Nov 2001 - I-Drive ... May 2009 - DL Paris ... Aug 2011 - Pop ... Aug 2013 - SSR ... Aug 2015 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug 2017 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb 2018 - Cabana Bay ... Feb 2019 - Aventura + A/S Sports
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

August/September is my guess but with continued restrictions.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Feels like they're plunging into an abyss of pain over there, and the chump in charge, and I use the term loosely, is allowing it to all happen on his watch.

Given the current rate of infections, they could be looking at c3,000 deaths/day in 2-3 weeks. There were 1,707 reported by JHU yesterday, the most for some months.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Feels like they're plunging into an abyss of pain over there, and the chump in charge, and I use the term loosely, is allowing it to all happen on his watch.

Given the current rate of infections, they could be looking at c3,000 deaths/day in 2-3 weeks. There were 1,707 reported by JHU yesterday, the most for some months.
This is the thing. Trump is doing what Saddam did to the Kuwaiti oilfields when he got booted out. A torch and burn for the people coming in.

Heís there until January 20th. In this country after a general election, the PM leaves Downing Street that same day because all the civil service are non political and stay. The machinations of government carry on seamlessly. In the US there are a huge amount of political appointees into the same roles. Takes time. Hence the transition period where these people can get up to speed and get briefed on their roles.

This is being blocked by the Trump administration because ďhe wonĒ. Throw in the fact that he is actively doing nothing about COVID - not that he was doing much before- and itís a mess. Biden has limited powers over the entire country on this. He will set by example and leadership but thereís a fair percentage who will do the complete opposite because of the messenger.

The horrific climb in deaths in the US now is criminal 2000 yesterday and climbing ever more steeply. Who knows what itíll be by mid January. Itís already been stated that any vaccine will have limited effect on the second wave and some peopleís wildly optimistic expectations of how quickly this will be rolled out and start to have an effect donít fit with what the experts are saying.

My point being that itís gonna take a lot of time from January when this idiot leaves to even stabilise never mind turn it around. I think anytime in 2021 will be optimistic but good luck to those planning. Iím the same as most people on here - desperate to get back. 🙁

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 21?
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by johnandmaz View Post
This is the thing. Trump is doing what Saddam did to the Kuwaiti oilfields when he got booted out. A torch and burn for the people coming in.

Heís there until January 20th. In this country after a general election, the PM leaves Downing Street that same day because all the civil service are non political and stay. The machinations of government carry on seamlessly. In the US there are a huge amount of political appointees into the same roles. Takes time. Hence the transition period where these people can get up to speed and get briefed on their roles.

This is being blocked by the Trump administration because ďhe wonĒ. Throw in the fact that he is actively doing nothing about COVID - not that he was doing much before- and itís a mess. Biden has limited powers over the entire country on this. He will set by example and leadership but thereís a fair percentage who will do the complete opposite because of the messenger.

The horrific climb in deaths in the US now is criminal 2000 yesterday and climbing ever more steeply. Who knows what itíll be by mid January. Itís already been stated that any vaccine will have limited effect on the second wave and some peopleís wildly optimistic expectations of how quickly this will be rolled out and start to have an effect donít fit with what the experts are saying.

My point being that itís gonna take a lot of time from January when this idiot leaves to even stabilise never mind turn it around. I think anytime in 2021 will be optimistic but good luck to those planning. Iím the same as most people on here - desperate to get back. 🙁
I am planning for Sept but not optimistically. I feel our situation in the U.K. may end up being drastically different to the US over the next few months.

I saw a post on a orlando Facebook page which is mostly American yesterday. I have not commented because itís not my place to lecture Americans on what they do in their own country but my god, it was eye opening.

A lady with a immune compromised daughter was asking if she should go to Disney for thanksgiving, it was already booked but she could cancel.

Over 150 comments, all but two said that she should go. ĎLife is too shortí, Ďitís no different then going to Walmartí, ĎI feel safer at Disney then my local grocery shopí etc.

The CDC has already told Americans not to travel over thanksgiving. The two commenters that pointed this out where ridiculed for Ďfollowing blindlyí and Ďworrying about other peopleís decisionsí.

Itís become way too political and personal. I know in the same way people are making their own decisions here but I donít think it would be so one sided if there was the same thread here.

I donít know what to think, but itís a dire situation. I hope everyone remains as safe as they can, though it seems the worst is yet to come.

DLP | June 2015 | Dec 2016 | Sept 2017 | Oct 2017 | Nov 2018

WDW | April 2009 | Feb 2019
dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List