Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Nov 20, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Xbox 1. Questions please

As I embark on months of chemotherapy we thought it might be an idea to buy an XBox one, if I’m not sleeping very well or can’t do much, we can use this for some entertainment, obviously there are going to be days where I’m wiped out and other half will have something to do. Remembering we live very isolated and what with covid and the usual winter bugs I won’t be leaving the house until probably next March We don’t want the digital version just a regular one that you put the games into.

Questions. Looks like they all only come with 1 handset... will cheaper compatible handsets work as well as a second

Games
I used to be a big fan of The Tomb raider series. We tend to like games where you are “looking” for clues and have to kill the odd thing now and again , not games that are continually shoot and kill. Used to have a game called Riven which we also enjoyed

Any advice on buying and games appreciated. Last console we had was the Wii
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

We have a ps4 but some of the games we like that are like the ones you describe are also available on Xbox 1:

Legend of Zelda
Kingdom hearts

Sort of adventure puzzle games with a bit of fighting in Zelda but mainly working things out and looking for clues
Princess Alison is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Sorry can’t help but I set up my Xbox 360? Recently and noticed my high scores are from 2007 !
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Recommend Stardew Valley, it will you keep you busy for hours but you can stop and start whenever you want
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Thanks. Ordered Xbox 1 with 2 games.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Mobile

If you are looking for more games I would also recommend the Lego ones - you can play together on one team or one person can play too. I use to like Tomb Raider too and now like Lego games on the odd occasion we play - usually when one of us is sick.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
dannybegood
Trainee Dibber

Look at game pass, monthly subscription for 100+ games to play, and if you only play 1 game play either of the ORI series, Will of the Wisp is the latest, one of the greatest Xbox game series going.
dannybegood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post

the best thing about the Xbox 1 is you will pick up games at a sensible price

you mention tomb raider, the xbox 1 has 3 tomb raider games out i think, expect to pay under £10 for each of them

you might pick up a 500gig Xbox1 for £150 used

a new one will cost you £230 from argos

a used console and a few games for £200, that'll keep you going,

A wired controller will cost you about £20 - £25 , a wireless will be about £45 ( seen them in argos for that )

oh and of course, good luck with your treatment
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Thanks. Daughter and son in law have bought me an additional external hard drive and a monthly games subscription... m sure they’ll enjoy when they come over as well , eventually