Notices

Old 17 Nov 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
If being obese makes you a much higher risk then isn't the BBC being a bit stupid running the Bake-Off programme which just encourages more people to bake more themselves and eat more sugar?
No. It's all about balance.

Eat the fun 'bad' things, maybe not every day, but make sure you move your body a bit too, preferably outside in the fresh air.

(Isn't Bake Off on Channel 4 these days?)

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
If being obese makes you a much higher risk then isn't the BBC being a bit stupid running the Bake-Off programme which just encourages more people to bake more themselves and eat more sugar?
No I really donít think so. It doesnít encourage me to bake 😂. But itís all about moderation. Iím really good at moderation when my heads in the game, and watching a program like that doesnít impact me.

Iím not one for cutting things out anyway, doesnít work for me. If I canít have something at all, I give up.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Thereís now a petition to get those with learning disabilities moved higher up the priority list for vaccination. It doesnít mention obese people, but those with learning disabilities are supposedly often obese, as I mentioned earlier.

As for Bake off? Never watched it, but most people have to take responsibility for their own health, surely?
Aside from those with learning disabilities etc, we should know what a healthy lifestyle is, whether we choose to follow one or not.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP

Edited at 01:08 PM.
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
No. It's all about balance.

Eat the fun 'bad' things, maybe not every day, but make sure you move your body a bit too, preferably outside in the fresh air.

(Isn't Bake Off on Channel 4 these days?)
Well said just donít run 75 miles a week though 🙊😳
I get by on 14 💪
And CAKE twice a week
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Well said just donít run 75 miles a week though 🙊😳
I get by on 14 💪
And CAKE twice a week
Yes, look after those knees 😉
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
Imagineer

Some great success stories here if we keep this up we will have to ask the mods to move it to the covid positive forum
jas72 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Back in August I decided to do something about my weight, because of Covid concerns and the fact that as a teacher, I feel the need to be fit and healthy, so I can be in school and doing my job.

So I started at the gym the day it opened back up (August 10th I think) and started calorie counting. Iíve lost 3 stone and feel great.

Side affect is going down a few dress sizes and feeling confident enough to wear nice figure hugging clothes again.
Reereef is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Reereef View Post
Back in August I decided to do something about my weight, because of Covid concerns and the fact that as a teacher, I feel the need to be fit and healthy, so I can be in school and doing my job.

So I started at the gym the day it opened back up (August 10th I think) and started calorie counting. Iíve lost 3 stone and feel great.

Side affect is going down a few dress sizes and feeling confident enough to wear nice figure hugging clothes again.
Well done youíve done fantastic so glad you feel better, thatís what itís all about 💕💕
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Regular Monday morning weigh-in for me today and the last time I was this weight was Monday 23rd March, also the start of lockdown.

My weight doesn't vary much, so I've not lost loads or anything - it fluctuates within 4-5 pounds but I found it amusing that this is the first I'd been at my "lockdown weight".

(I did run 80 miles last week including a half-marathon on Saturday and another 17 miles yesterday.)

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Regular Monday morning weigh-in for me today and the last time I was this weight was Monday 23rd March, also the start of lockdown.

My weight doesn't vary much, so I've not lost loads or anything - it fluctuates within 4-5 pounds but I found it amusing that this is the first I'd been at my "lockdown weight".

(I did run 80 miles last week including a half-marathon on Saturday and another 17 miles yesterday.)
My god youíre one crazy guy doing all those miles 🙊💪
Iíve been the same weight for 30 years now apart from being pregnant twice & trips to the US when I add on 7lbs 😳 like you said everything in moderation 😉I only had 2 doughnuts yesterday 🙊