Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 17 Nov 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
#51
Bozza
Imagineer
 
Join Date: May 03

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
If being obese makes you a much higher risk then isn't the BBC being a bit stupid running the Bake-Off programme which just encourages more people to bake more themselves and eat more sugar?
No. It's all about balance.

Eat the fun 'bad' things, maybe not every day, but make sure you move your body a bit too, preferably outside in the fresh air.


(Isn't Bake Off on Channel 4 these days?)
__________________
The DIBB's Bad Dad - abandoned my family to get drunk in Orlando:

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
#52
Scaramouche
Imagineer
 
Scaramouche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 13
Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
If being obese makes you a much higher risk then isn't the BBC being a bit stupid running the Bake-Off programme which just encourages more people to bake more themselves and eat more sugar?
No I really donít think so. It doesnít encourage me to bake 😂. But itís all about moderation. Iím really good at moderation when my heads in the game, and watching a program like that doesnít impact me.

Iím not one for cutting things out anyway, doesnít work for me. If I canít have something at all, I give up.
__________________
August 2013 - 9 Nights Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2015 - 4 Nights Hard Rock Hotel, 12 Nights Coronado Springs Resort
September 2016 - Florida with my Prince!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
#53
Lisa123wm
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jan 08
Thereís now a petition to get those with learning disabilities moved higher up the priority list for vaccination. It doesnít mention obese people, but those with learning disabilities are supposedly often obese, as I mentioned earlier.

As for Bake off? Never watched it, but most people have to take responsibility for their own health, surely?
Aside from those with learning disabilities etc, we should know what a healthy lifestyle is, whether we choose to follow one or not.
__________________
Sept 93 - Orlando, California, Nevada
Aug 94, Jul & Dec 03, Oct 04, Xmas 05, 06, 07 - DLP
Dec 08/Jan 09 - Residence Inn Seaworld, Orlando
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP

Edited at 01:08 PM.
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
#54
ClaireNJ
Imagineer
 
ClaireNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 19
Location: Essex
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
No. It's all about balance.

Eat the fun 'bad' things, maybe not every day, but make sure you move your body a bit too, preferably outside in the fresh air.


(Isn't Bake Off on Channel 4 these days?)
Well said just donít run 75 miles a week though 🙊😳
I get by on 14 💪
And CAKE twice a week
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
#55
Lisa123wm
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jan 08
Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Well said just donít run 75 miles a week though 🙊😳
I get by on 14 💪
And CAKE twice a week
Yes, look after those knees 😉
__________________
Sept 93 - Orlando, California, Nevada
Aug 94, Jul & Dec 03, Oct 04, Xmas 05, 06, 07 - DLP
Dec 08/Jan 09 - Residence Inn Seaworld, Orlando
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
#56
jas72
Imagineer
 
jas72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 12
Location: Belgium
Some great success stories here if we keep this up we will have to ask the mods to move it to the covid positive forum
__________________
Born in Scotland
Live in the EU
________________
jas72 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
#57
Reereef
Imagineer
 
Reereef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 12

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Back in August I decided to do something about my weight, because of Covid concerns and the fact that as a teacher, I feel the need to be fit and healthy, so I can be in school and doing my job.

So I started at the gym the day it opened back up (August 10th I think) and started calorie counting. Iíve lost 3 stone and feel great.

Side affect is going down a few dress sizes and feeling confident enough to wear nice figure hugging clothes again.
Reereef is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
#58
ClaireNJ
Imagineer
 
ClaireNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 19
Location: Essex
Originally Posted by Reereef View Post
Back in August I decided to do something about my weight, because of Covid concerns and the fact that as a teacher, I feel the need to be fit and healthy, so I can be in school and doing my job.

So I started at the gym the day it opened back up (August 10th I think) and started calorie counting. Iíve lost 3 stone and feel great.

Side affect is going down a few dress sizes and feeling confident enough to wear nice figure hugging clothes again.
Well done youíve done fantastic so glad you feel better, thatís what itís all about 💕💕
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
#59
Bozza
Imagineer
 
Join Date: May 03

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Regular Monday morning weigh-in for me today and the last time I was this weight was Monday 23rd March, also the start of lockdown.

My weight doesn't vary much, so I've not lost loads or anything - it fluctuates within 4-5 pounds but I found it amusing that this is the first I'd been at my "lockdown weight".

(I did run 80 miles last week including a half-marathon on Saturday and another 17 miles yesterday.)
__________________
The DIBB's Bad Dad - abandoned my family to get drunk in Orlando:

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
#60
ClaireNJ
Imagineer
 
ClaireNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 19
Location: Essex
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Regular Monday morning weigh-in for me today and the last time I was this weight was Monday 23rd March, also the start of lockdown.

My weight doesn't vary much, so I've not lost loads or anything - it fluctuates within 4-5 pounds but I found it amusing that this is the first I'd been at my "lockdown weight".

(I did run 80 miles last week including a half-marathon on Saturday and another 17 miles yesterday.)
My god youíre one crazy guy doing all those miles 🙊💪
Iíve been the same weight for 30 years now apart from being pregnant twice & trips to the US when I add on 7lbs 😳 like you said everything in moderation 😉I only had 2 doughnuts yesterday 🙊
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Disneyland
On 26th January 10:38am
Disney’s Jungle Cruise attraction updated with an entirely new story focusing on cultural sensitivity. At Disney... Read More »
Posted in Disney Park Tickets
On 20th November 4:14pm
Park Hopper Option Returns to Walt Disney World Resort on Jan. 1, 2021As the phased reopening of Walt... Read More »
Posted in epcot
On 20th November 11:29am
As part of the D23 Fantastic Worlds Celebration, Disney shared details about the historic transformation... Read More »

theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.3324
CaxtonFX  $1.3391
Covent Garden FX  $1.3592
FAIRFX  $1.3360
John Lewis  $1.3409
M&S  $1.3162
Post Office  $1.3149
Sainsburys  $1.3307
TESCO  $1.3343
Travelex  $1.3300
Updated: 22:30 26/01/2021
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1001
CaxtonFX  €1.1013
Covent Garden FX  €1.1184
FAIRFX  €1.1000
John Lewis  €1.1055
M&S  €1.0853
Post Office  €1.0840
Sainsburys  €1.0990
TESCO  €1.0999
Travelex  €1.0959
Updated: 22:30 26/01/2021

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now