Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Nov 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Workmen in house ~ what do you think.

We are having our downstairs loo refurbished .
It’s literally at the front door. It was mean to start 18 Nov (has been booked since early Aug) we got a call the week before advising us they would be a day late due to a problem on some floor they were working on , Fine ,
Two guys come on Thursday morning , I just assumed these were the guys that would see the job all the way through as we weren’t told otherwise.
They took up the old floor, ripped out toilet, radiator and sink.

Quite nice lads, they come in to the kitchen about midday and said that was them off, and the tilers would be there the next morning at 8,
Sure enough they turned up and worked hard.
That was Friday , at first I was slightly surprised when I heard heavy footsteps go up my stairs then the toilet flushed ,
Then the other guy must’ve done the same. They continued several times during the day both of them.
Ok now I know people need the toilet and I would have thought that the very first time they could have asked ? After hat I wouldn’t have expected they ask to go each time (they did go a lot)

Came back Monday and same again, trail upstairs several times each.
They didn’t come today, hubby got a call at 8am from the office to say the tiler had went over on a pot hole and hurt himself and could hardly walk but she seemed to think he would be ok tomorrow ?

The toilet thing though what do you think? As I say just once asking would have been sufficient .

Edited at 06:49 PM.
scottishmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

I would most definitely expect them to ask the first time and would not be happy with someone just going upstairs in my house without asking first.
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I never used a customers toilet without asking first and if I needed to do big toilets I would never go in a customers house.

I had a gas fitter stink my loo out with big toilets and he also left some skid marks
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Im glad Im not overreacting, I wouldn’t mind it’s just I feel the first time say on Friday if they could have asked, allowing me to show them where it is. Even though they knew.
Old 24 Nov 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

It’s no biggy to me - I am having work done to my new place at the moment, electrical some days, plumber the other and garden landscaper last week and next week. All have used the toilet and asked the first time but it wouldn’t have bothered me if they had just used it . Buts its a guest toilet and not one I use myself and is cleaned everyday regardless and wouldn’t be before any one had used it (I am Mr Domestos)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Just the first time we heard them (hubby working from home ). Both me and hubby just turned and looked at each other thinking the same.

We have had a few jobs done in the last two years , kitchen and bedroom by two great guys then main bathroom done by again two amazing workers . Just think this irked me a wee bit.

Edited at 07:14 PM.
scottishmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Yes I would think it was a little odd. I’m such a shy person that I would never use the toilet without asking, unless it’s family or friends. What if all your doors upstairs had been shut and they had to try a few to find the bathroom? I probably wouldn’t say anything, but yeah it would make me feel a little odd.
Fluffypenguin is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
They should ask the first time and after that just go as and when

I must say what Tradesman hasn’t got a 1 gallon can in the back of their van for that very purpose. That’s the norm I can assure you. Or failing that behind a bush in the back garden and watch out for the Neighbours!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Going upstairs without asking for the initial time is rude and it would irk me as well
A bit odd they didn’t even pop their head round the door and ask you if you minded

I had a carpet fitter turn up with his mate , who didn’t do any fitting but used my downstairs loo for a number 2 and walked out left the door open and didn’t wash his hands ( as you hear the tap turn) I cleaned with bleach and sprayed Neutradol 😂 but was too gobsmacked to say anything !
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
Going upstairs without asking for the initial time is rude and it would irk me as well
A bit odd they didn’t even pop their head round the door and ask you if you minded

I had a carpet fitter turn up with his mate , who didn’t do any fitting but used my downstairs loo for a number 2 and walked out left the door open and didn’t wash his hands ( as you hear the tap turn) I cleaned with bleach and sprayed Neutradol 😂 but was too gobsmacked to say anything !
Apart from the big toilet and lack of hygiene were you otherwise pleased with the new carpet?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List