Notices

Old 24 Nov 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

I’m sorry to say it. But these rules will not be obeyed by the majority of people.
Scenario. Parents with 3 children all married. Couple 1 will want to see both sets of their parents, that forms a bubble of 3 both sets of parents may not want to see each other or even know each other.
What happens to the other 2 children and their partners. What happens to grandparents.
A more simple rule would of been you can mix with two other non related families. This covers people with no families just friends.
You can also mix with all your direct in-laws. ( no second cousins etc) mothers fathers aunts uncles nieces grandparents.
This may seem excessive but it allows people to be with their loved ones over Christmas without worrying about breaking the law, ostracise someone or choosing which parents or children to visit. It’s the most cruel rule and typical of a government that’s lost the plot and has no direction what so ever.
The other way and I can’t believe I’m saying this was to not allow mixing. At least we all know where we stand because at the moment I’m dazed and confused.

Edited at 09:40 PM.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Lu Lu
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Whee a child has separated parents, does that child have 2 bubbles before you start to count, and is that the common denominator for families in this situation?

Disney332
The child can have 2 x 3 household bubbles.

Originally Posted by bex272 View Post
I think it is the exclusive element people may struggle to understand, if household A meets household B on Christmas Day and household C on Boxing Day, that is the 3 although the B and C have never met they have ‘bubbled’ (and potentially spread virus) through household A, but B and C may perceive they’ve only bubbled with one household (A).

Bex
Agreed, complex and potentially unfair on B and C but that’s the hard choice isn’t it?
Lu Lu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Daisychick View Post
I wonder what compliance will be like on these particular rules.
My feeling is they won’t be anywhere near as high as they have been with other rules.

I suspect they know this though, and that’s why they set it at 3, hoping that it would limit overall contact even if not quite to that extent.
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
I’m sorry to say it. But these rules will not be obeyed by the majority of people.
Scenario. Parents with 3 children all married. Couple 1 will want to see their parents that forms a bubble of 3 both sets of parents may not want to see each other or even know each other.
What happens to the other 2 children and their partners. What happens to grandparents.
A more simple rule would of been you can mix with two other non related families. This covers people with no families just friends.
You can also mix with all your direct in-laws. ( no second cousins etc) mothers fathers aunts uncles nieces grandparents.
This may seem excessive but it allows people to be with their loved ones over Christmas without worrying about breaking the law, ostracise someone or choosing which parents or children to visit. It’s the most cruel rule and typical of a government that’s lost the plot and has no direction what so ever.
The other way and I can’t believe I’m saying this was to not allow mixing. At least we all know where we stand.
We do know where we stand, some people dont like or want it but the rules are clear.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
It’s as good as it’s going to get and I think we’ll pay for it after Xmas with another lockdown personally. 600+ deaths today and we are mid lockdown. Fingers crossed we come through this with damage limitation.
I'm neither advocating for nor against what has been announced today regarding Christmas, but today's newly-announced deaths have nothing to do with what is going on today, nor the lockdown.

These deaths will be from people who caught the virus 2-3 weeks ago, in some cases longer than that.

Unfortunately, due to the lagging nature of deaths, we were always going to see rising deaths well into this lockdown period.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Lu Lu
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
The other way and I can’t believe I’m saying this was to not allow mixing. At least we all know where we stand.
I wish they’d have said this too to take the decision out of our hands. Now, we’ve all got tough choices and the potential long term upset, plus rule breaking and the further spread of the virus.
Lu Lu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lu Lu View Post
I wish they’d have said this too to take the decision out of our hands. Now, we’ve all got tough choices and the potential long term upset, plus rule breaking and the further spread of the virus.
Agree but can you imagine the outcry!
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Lu Lu View Post
It's not compulsory for anyone to mix with any households this Christmas.

When it comes down to it, every family has a stark choice: meet this Christmas and take a risk that someone gets ill or worse, or agree that everyone would rather give themselves the best chance of having many more Christmases together in years to come.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by RachaelC View Post
My feeling is they won’t be anywhere near as high as they have been with other rules..
I agree but nobody wants to be that family who puts granny on a ventilator.

Yes the odds may be slim but It’s guaranteed that people will die because they caught covid-19 at a Christmas gathering. That maybe hard hitting and it probably won’t be any of us, but it will happen sadly.

People just need to be sensible. We are nearly there with a vaccine roll out.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
I agree but nobody wants to be that family who puts granny on a ventilator.

Yes the odds may be slim but It’s guaranteed that people will die because they caught covid-19 at a Christmas gathering. That maybe hard hitting and it probably won’t be any of us, but it will happen sadly.

People just need to be sensible. We are nearly there with a vaccine roll out.
But then, are they the people that would see each other even if the rules prevented it? Quite likely IMHO
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List