Notices

Old 24 Nov 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by RachaelC View Post
But then, are they the people that would see each other even if the rules prevented it? Quite likely IMHO
Possibly yes. Just glad it’s not our family playing the game of chance.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Well I want to see Son DIL & DGS on the 28th as we are seeing other Son DIL & Granddaughters on 27th, cannot do other days that we are “ allowed “ as some of us are at work 🙄
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
We do know where we stand, some people dont like or want it but the rules are clear.
I don’t . I have 3 children, one married with children , one with a partner, one at home( no problem) father in law dependant on my wife and sister in law for care, aunt with dementia dependant on all the family who have to visit her daily to save her going into a home. an elder neighbour we help out with as her family live too far away.
Not as simple to say it’s all clear.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

I can see that these rules make sense to limit the spread over those few days.

But (for those who choose to take advantage of these temporary measures) this means that really one bubble will decide who the other two bubbles are, and then those two bubbles will have no say whatsoever.

Others, will break the rules either deliberately or by not fully understanding. There will also be those who think the other two bubbles are exclusive to them without realising that they’re also seeing other bubbles (maybe one bubble not being truthful).

Then there will be those who miss out completely as it’s just too much trouble to decide.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Our Christmas is now sorted, will be spending the 5 days with one other household.

Unfortunately we don’t have any tough decisions to make.
macadoo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Well I want to see Son DIL & DGS on the 28th as we are seeing other Son DIL & Granddaughters on 27th, cannot do other days that we are “ allowed “ as some of us are at work 🙄
You might be able to.

What we don't know yet is...

- What tier we will be in, based on where we live.
- What the restrictions in that tier will be.

As the 28th isn't part of the defined Christmas period, it could be that when you revert back to your tier on the 28th, this would permit that mixing.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
You might be able to.

What we don't know yet is...

- What tier we will be in, based on where we live.
- What the restrictions in that tier will be.

As the 28th isn't part of the defined Christmas period, it could be that when you revert back to your tier on the 28th, this would permit that mixing.
Fingers crossed
We are in Essex
They are in Kent
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
dotb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
You are correct. You are not allowed in the pubs with your bubble as all those in the bubble could be exposed to others outside the bubble.

Pubs will be very quiet I’m sure.
The rule of 6 will still be in force in pubs in tier 1.
Old 24 Nov 20, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dotb View Post
The rule of 6 will still be in force in pubs in tier 1.
Not for family bubbles at Christmas it won’t.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
I’m sorry to say it. But these rules will not be obeyed by the majority of people.
Scenario. Parents with 3 children all married. Couple 1 will want to see both sets of their parents, that forms a bubble of 3 both sets of parents may not want to see each other or even know each other.
What happens to the other 2 children and their partners. What happens to grandparents.
A more simple rule would of been you can mix with two other non related families. This covers people with no families just friends.
You can also mix with all your direct in-laws. ( no second cousins etc) mothers fathers aunts uncles nieces grandparents.
This may seem excessive but it allows people to be with their loved ones over Christmas without worrying about breaking the law, ostracise someone or choosing which parents or children to visit. It’s the most cruel rule and typical of a government that’s lost the plot and has no direction what so ever.
The other way and I can’t believe I’m saying this was to not allow mixing. At least we all know where we stand because at the moment I’m dazed and confused.
Hi sounds bonkers you could have 100 people mixing, we’ve a small family circle and it would add up to 36
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List