Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Feb 20, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile Realistic budget for BA fly drive in August?

Our provisional term dates for 2021 have been released and they go back much earlier than this year meaning we won’t be able to take advantage of cheaper prices coming back in September.
So would a budget of £4500 for 2 adults and 3 kids, 16,12 and 7 be realistic? We’d be looking to fly from Gatwick and are happy to go indirect, ideally aer lingus as we’ve done this before.
We’d need car hire for 13 days and we’re hoping we can book a night at universal in that to.

I know nobody has a crystal ball but am I being completely unrealistic with my budget? Flying out 13th August and back 30th if that helps.
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

Well if you look at BA website and use your dates for 2020 then the answer is no.

However if you go on other websites such as expedia and use your dates for 2020 you can get flights for less than £4K so maybe its doable !

As you say who has a crystal ball for 2021 ! Impossible to answer at this time but unless there is another Thomas Cook moment or major catastrophe I think its possible your budget might work !
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by kiwiinabd View Post
Well if you look at BA website and use your dates for 2020 then the answer is no.

However if you go on other websites such as expedia and use your dates for 2020 you can get flights for less than £4K so maybe its doable !

As you say who has a crystal ball for 2021 ! Impossible to answer at this time but unless there is another Thomas Cook moment or major catastrophe I think its possible your budget might work !
Thank you! I had priced up for this year to compare and the prices coming out are scary! But I know BA tend to do some good deals on fly drives when they’re not long released, so I guess I’ll just have to keep my fingers crossed!
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Not sure if Miami would be an option for you?

We booked on day of release; BA fly drive for 28 nights. Indirect out from Heathrow to Miami via Madrid. Direct home, back into Heathrow. We are 2 adults, 2 teens. Paid £2478. We have never seen prices as low since. Also, we initially booked a slightly different route, but got this deal by phoning them up...

Edited at 04:53 PM.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TheHughesCrew View Post
Not sure if Miami would be an option for you?

We booked on day of release; BA fly drive for 28 nights. Indirect out from Heathrow to Miami via Madrid. Direct home, back into Heathrow. We are 2 adults, 2 teens. Paid £2478. We have never seen prices as low since. Also, we initially booked a slightly different route, but got this deal by phoning them up...
That gives me hope! We really wanted into Mco as we’re looking to do Disney for the first few days so wanted the magical express. But at that price we’d just look at extra days car hire!
Old 5 Feb 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lovemickey View Post
That gives me hope! We really wanted into Mco as we’re looking to do Disney for the first few days so wanted the magical express. But at that price we’d just look at extra days car hire!
I think Tampa had good prices the day we booked to, as it was a thread about those flights that reminded me that my booking window was open! Won’t solve your magical express issue, but might a bit closer to Orlando!
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

If you are flexible then yes i think that is plenty. Just because there is not a lower price available today for 2020 does not mean there won't be or hasn't been a lower price. Prices go up and down a lot. I would suggest having a read through the Aug deals thread to see how the prices evolved over time.

As long as you are flexible, direct, indirect, include car, exclude car, tpa, mco, allow your dates a bit of flex, then i think you should be quite a bit under budget.

Also, be ready to book the moment you see a bargain. The best prices don't last long.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lovemickey View Post
Car hire is cheaper from MIA than it is in MCO

We flew MIA last time and for the savings we would do it again we got off the plane about 2.30pm and were on our way to Orlando at 4.30 (had a meal and a problem with the car) and got up there about 9pm with two stops.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
stepmead
Imagineer

Mobile

Definitely look at flying into Miami as it’s so much cheaper. We are flying 24 July this summer (so earlier than you’d like) but staying for 5 weeks. We are two adults and three children and direct flights from London including 5 weeks SUV hire have cost us £3200.

Crowne Plaza Universal (Sept '04), DLP (Dec '07), Bahama Bay (Nov '09), Eagle Pointe (Sept '10), Bella Vida (Sept '11), Sunset Crest Villa, Barbados (Aug '12), Beach View Barbados (Oct '13), DLP (Mar '15), Porters Gate Villa, Barbados (Oct '16), Cypress Pointe (May '17), Solterra Resort/Royal Pacific (July '18), Tides Inn Lauderdale, Cabana Bay & Windsor at Westside (July ‘19), Grove Resort (Feb ‘20)
stepmead is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’ve paid anything from 2300 to 3400 going in August. First 2 trips we flew in and out of Miami which was a good £1000 or more cheaper than Orlando. This year we’re flying into Orlando and out of Miami & have paid £3400 for 2 kids and 2 adults (kids are 14 & 12) with a surburban or similar - my parents are coming with us & need a bigger car, they’ve booked their own flights. We usually come back a few days into September and get a decent price but it’s my dads 70th on 1st September this year so we’re leaving on the 31st, and I think that’s made it more expensive. I always budget 3k for August. Slightly more this year coz of the return date and the bigger car which might patents are paying half off.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List