Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 5 Nov 20, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyHaunt13
Excited about Disney

Hotel Dilemma send help!

Ok so I booked back in April for Oct 2021 (bold move I know!)

And we are staying at POFQ... now me and hubby love this resort for its small size, Coke freestyle machine, kids splash pad and boat to Disney Springs! But at the moment it is closed indefinitely which is a slight concern as I really don’t want to be moved to Caribbean beach or Coronado Springs (just not our cup of tea)

My children who will be 5 and 3 this time really like the look of AOA and we loved the hotel when we had a walk round in 2017.

So my dilemma is do I change to AOA now since at least it has an opening date and my kids seem to prefer it? It would also shave about £580 off the cost of the holiday as well (nice but not my primary motivation for the change!)

It would be a LM room and we really don’t mind the walk so distance from lobby not really an issue...
HappyHaunt13 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

I think CBR is the only other moderate with coke freestyle machines but you say you don't want to be moved there.

I would make a list of what is important to you in a hotel and see what best fits your needs, then weigh up any price difference.

My top priority is a 5th sleeper bed as I have a son and a daughter now too old for sharing, we did POR last time and when I booked for August 2020 5th sleepers at POR and POFQ weren't included in the free dining offer, so I opted for CBR. Now rescheduled for August 2021 and have kept the same 5th sleeper standard at CBR and have grown fond of the idea of the skyliner.
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post

It is nearly a year away and so anything could happen. I would probably leave it for now and review in say six months time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List